Game Day Round 5, 2020: GWS Giants v Hawthorn, 6.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez we were poor in that first quarter. No intensity, no one willing to take any responsibility going forward and when we did go forward we either sat it on the head on Poppy against a key defender or we just got pushed aside way too easily.

Giants were switched on but if we actually had some up the ground structure we could have been in the match.

Scrimmers has once again impressed.

We win by out defending teams, playing catch up with a coach who refuses to attack is going to be difficult... When in front we are ok, Clarko tends to ensure we hold leads but flip the coin and we are chasing? I can’t see this team scoring in any fluidity at all, we are to robotic, the players don’t use their own brains to play, they are dialled in sheep.

Fairly even in general play, but our forwards have not been competitive, and it is not just delivery causing the problem.

Umps don't appreciate constructive feedback. 500% more frees to GWS so far.

While the selection of Pup made me think we'd lose, Burgs god bless him is lost too.I don't think those two can play in the same team anymore.

With exception of Gunston and Wingard it might as well be 6 on 2 forwardline perhaps a half for TOB.

Lewis looks shot this year. Non competitive.

Ceglar and the midfield have actually been superb and we're down, how is that possible. They have been better than GWS overall.

Backline bit disappointing too, Cameron has done what everyone thought a coach would do but no coach has done and stuck quick players on McEvoy. It's been a little ugly for us.

The good apart from the midfield and those mentioned, Scrimshaw, Frost and Stratton's been very good.

Ugly start.

Forwards giving us nothing. Makes you question why Patton was left out.
And it’s why coaches know best. Everyone was “Lewis, Lewis, Lewis” but he doesn’t compete. If I was out marked like he was I’d be filthy and try my arse off to make amends, but nope.
We are getting slaughtered around the ball, and then when we do go forward we are being embarrassingly shown up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have not converted any turnovers into goals, this hurts any team!

And this must be Poppy's last year surely - he just doesn't get near it anymore...?

We are on top in clearances, breaking even on contested possessions...need to use the ball better and convert going forward.

Gettin' smashed but I couldn't care in the slightest.

This season's only being run to fulfill TV contract obligations and I cannot fathom how it could possibly be taken seriously. So long as we don't cop any ACLs or broken legs this year I'm fine with whatever happens, the results mean nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back