Game Day Round 5 2020 - Weagles vs mighty Swans @ Metricon 1:45 pm, 4 July

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the way you open up a game and play attacking footy streaming through the middle. The kicking down the line is why we were garbage for 3 years, it never worked for us. This style is riskier but is much needed.
Yeah I agree with you in saying it switches the play and can open it up, but we don’t seem capable of doing that confidently at the moment. Where overusing the ball. I would just like to see us move the ball on forward quicker and therefore give less time for the opposition to get back and defend.

Mcinerney will be massive weapon for us in the near future. Will be a major cog in the machine. If only Ling came through as well.

Agree with this. He got ahead of himself late in that quarter but he is a tough talented player.

If we are the number one tackling side in the comp prior to today then there is a future to work with. Few pretenders to move on but there is some hope that we suddenly put it together with a few players that can take a mark and one player that can burst from a stoppage. It wouldn’t take a whole lot to get there just some ruthless recruiting identifying our needs.

He's playing forward where his teammates weren't getting it to. I didn't see Papley touch it much that quarter either.

Horse needs to move Heeney into the middle in these instances. Waste otherwise.

dont disagree, time forward was awful, but he could move after the ball or when it gets there make a contest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took too long to send Dawson back to defence. Never understood the calls for him to play forward has never really shown the ability to play as a pure forward and with his kicking you want him wherever he can get the ball most.

Also JPK's disposal has been terrible.
And Hayward shouldnt be playing, the coaches are obviously not happy with his work forward but rather than drop him they move him back and put him against much bigger forwards - unlikely to ever become a good backman IMO so i dont see the point.

Difference in class is showing.

A fair few of their goals have been caused by bad errors on our behalf, and you would expect the Eagles to beat us in the middle with no one able to cope with Nic Nat.

Think we have shown some great signs today though, but need to try something drastic in the last quarter to get us over the line. Issue is I am struggling to think of what else we can do outside of break glass and move Mills/ Heeney to the midfield.

the bones are there

the style is improving, its a transitionial period

today right now theres 8 or so you can pencil in long term if i disregard older guys like jpk and rampe

plus a good trade period and another draft

Either need him to push up and provide something or find a way to get him involved. We're not winning many games when he's only had 10 touches and kicked 1 goal at 3QT.
Exactly but that decision has to be made. Some on here like to attack him for coming in and out of games. If you are playing in a spot where the ball isn't and the coaches keep you there, you aren't going to have much opportunity to get involved.

Having a Covid-19 test.
He'll be back in two weeks after isolation.

I think people are unreasonable. He is not a key forward. Like a Dawson or McCartin he should be a third target. Not picking on you Ted. Just think too many are tossing baby out with the bath water.

Now Dawson has been chucked down back. Obviously our fwd line is too tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back