Review Round 5, 2021: Box Hill v North Melbourne, Sunday 16th May @ 12:05pm, BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

Tagging a 18yr old in his first season. Great development for Phillips not so for Maguiness.

Why? Will Phillips is only a year younger and would have played against Finn at junior level. Finn got drafted a year before but pretty much had a nothing year due to Covid. Phillips would be the best player on the North team and if you want to develop Finn as a tagger I'd assume he'd play on the oppositions best player and try to negate his influence

Why? Will Phillips is only a year younger and would have played against Finn at junior level. Finn got drafted a year before but pretty much had a nothing year due to Covid. Phillips would be the best player on the North team and if you want to develop Finn as a tagger I'd assume he'd play on the oppositions best player and try to negate his influence
To me it suggests he is a limited footballer.

To me it suggests he is a limited footballer.
Elite endurance with contested ball being a strength suggests he is not limited. His defensive and uncontested game needs work. Which Finn is doing in his first proper season of VFL, in which he has earned an AFL call up.

He has all the tools and traits to make it.

One way traffic now that North is getting tired. Ceglar looking like Paul Salmon in the forward 50 now.

Real, real good day by Josh Morris though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elite endurance with contested ball being a strength suggests he is not limited. His defensive and uncontested game needs work. Which Finn is doing in his first proper season of VFL, in which he has earned an AFL call up.

He has all the tools and traits to make it.
Personally I guess I would see the value in mastering the strengths in a young player rather than become a negating tagger basically from the get go.

Hey guys were you aware that N Melb only has 5 players on an afl list? Just in case you weren't aware, the commentators mentioned it ten times a quarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back