Game Day Round 5, 2021 - Brisbane Lions vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We are home on our own dung heap, players with more time to think about their form and the team in familiar surroundings, enough media scrutiny now for the leaders to feel exposed, back to fighting mode now no longer a premiership favourite or even final 4 contender being talked about - We Got This.

Is there an announcement about the Reserves team selection? Is it streamed anywhere?

Why is the club not providing anything on these topics?

The club does SFA do promote the reserves. Most supporters don’t care

The club does SFA do promote the reserves. Most supporters don’t care
We probably take more interest when our personal favorites are playing .
Kiddy, Cocka, T. Berry, to name three, and would be good to watch someone like Madden as well that I know little of.
Our first team is lacking in areas this year , so it makes the reserves that much more interesting.

If we bring the attitude should be winning this game, even though the form of Geelong (who we should have just beat) and Collingwood is not overly strong. I think the scoreboard flattered us a bit against the Dogs, so I would not be taking the 1-4 odds on about us winning, but at the GABBA should get the deal done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big game from Berry ,maybe push Neile to the outside more and let Berry get back to what Berry does best,
FIND BALL.
TACKLE , handball to Neile.
Need these guys to get to the ball first, desperately and then use the pill better.
Simples

We probably take more interest when our personal favorites are playing .
Kiddy, Cocka, T. Berry, to name three, and would be good to watch someone like Madden as well that I know little of.
Our first team is lacking in areas this year , so it makes the reserves that much more interesting.
I don't mind watching the ressies, and as you say good to keep an eye on the fringe players and the odd project type player.

IMO most supporters don't care too much about the ressies (understandable) and therefore I wonder if the attitude of some of the fringe players might change throughout the year with regards to doing more than just a role for the VFL team. Would be nice to win the VFL comp but at the end of the day nowhere as important as the AFL comp:

I suspect to dislodge Lester, Birchall, Robertson etc the fringe players are going to have to do more than just a role in the VFL games, also they get more exposure to the Vic clubs, so there is incentive to play well and be imaginative, and not be afraid to take the game on. This is something that can happen when the young guys start playing in the first 22, understandably they seem reluctant to take the game on.

Question for the day: if you could only win one match today, which would it be?

AFLW GF is obviously the silverware, but I don't think it's a shock to suggest that more fans are invested in the men's.

Lions Dons is only a H&A game, but losing it could be the end of the season...
Women please

Wish the women well, but my passion is all about supporting the mens team.

AFLW GF is obviously the silverware, but I don't think it's a shock to suggest that more fans are invested in the men's.

women’s. that team has shown how to spit in the face of adversity.

Our boys get far more dollars, attention and special treatment.

Girls play on guts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back