Preview Round 5, 2021: Hawthorn v Melbourne MCG 3.20pm Sun 18th April

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have watched the Dees the last 3 weeks .
They have really fixed quite a few of their issues from previous seasons. A lot better organised and actually have some method in their play.
They belted the cats and should have won by 8 goals.

Their forward pressure is now first rate . Petracca is class and Pickett is an absolute handful .
Gawn and Jackson are an impressive ruck forward combo who will stretch us down back and around the ground.

Unless they have a bad day they will smash us in the middle . No doubt about it.

But they still dont quite put teams away for their dominance .
Im expecting us to press them and make a hard game of it .
Im not sold on them yet and still think this is the type of game they could easily have their gaurd down.

Really wanting to see Jeka get a run . Think you have to reward that form .
Not sure of other changes at this stage but think we get the standard Clarko 2-3 max .

Any danger this guy gets a game? Would like to see him on the park.

Finn Maginness
"Finn again did a tagging role for us this week, he was outstanding again. Each week he has been able to build his own possessions tally but at the same time he is so diligent in being able to play his tagging role and his opposition player has barely been able to get a look in. He's been causing all sorts of mayhem for opposition sides lately."
I reckon he's a few weeks off- with him getting an extended run at some point.
Once the VFL starts proper he's going to get a heap of experience against other afl listed players all up the EC and I think that'll be important for him before he gets into the side.

Finn Maginness
"Finn again did a tagging role for us this week, he was outstanding again. Each week he has been able to build his own possessions tally but at the same time he is so diligent in being able to play his tagging role and his opposition player has barely been able to get a look in. He's been causing all sorts of mayhem for opposition sides lately."

Imagine if Maginness, Downie and DGB were in the team on merit by the end of the year. The enthusiasm from supporters would be great going into next year.

Maybe start Reeves forward as something different with helping out Big Boy in the ruck. His height could cause a bit of chaos particularly with May out for Dees
I reckon this is a great idea - look at him as a stay at home FF for his first game, chopping out in the ruck as opposed to a 2nd ruck.

When was the last time Melbourne won 4 consecutive games against us ? I've followed footy since I was 5 at the start of 1992 and I can't recall the Dees beating us 4 times straight.

Surely we can stretch their backline on Sunday with May not there and no Oscar Mcdonald as backup. Theres a reason they are trying to get either Brown or Weidemann up for the game as they want to shift Tom Mac down back to cover for May. If neither get up to play than this is 1 area we can cause them concern as long as we hit targets and move the ball quick.

Surely we can stretch their backline on Sunday with May not there and no Oscar Mcdonald as backup. Theres a reason they are trying to get either Brown or Weidemann up for the game as they want to shift Tom Mac down back to cover for May. If neither get up to play than this is 1 area we can cause them concern as long as we hit targets and move the ball quick.

Tmac and Lever will be more than enough to cover our forwards.

Tmac and Lever will be more than enough to cover our forwards.
Thats if they have someone to replace him up forward which is what my post is refering to. Could see Petracca down there for long periods or they use Fritsch as the other tall. Gawn/Jackson as the other big forward is a certainty which is why Hartley will play.

I've been highly critical of Reeves based on what I saw of him in 2019 at Box Hill.
You actually were one of the leaders of the “he’s only on the list because of his dad“ crew, amongst some of the other condescending crap about him and our other youngsters that you’ve posted. Own it.

Yeah it was either against the Pies or Cats at the City Oval, I was at the match and was so out of his depth... as the old adage saying goes though " it's not what you know it's who you know "

Thankgod we've locked away Harry, Reeves and Nash, other clubs must have been all over them.

We didn't have room for him(Marlion Pickett) though sadly as we had to make space for the likes of Ned Reeves lol.

I think a few posters might hold you to this, just quietly.

If he plays more than 30 senior games I'll leave this forum for good, I'm that confident it won't happen.

When was the last time Melbourne won 4 consecutive games against us ? I've followed footy since I was 5 at the start of 1992 and I can't recall the Dees beating us 4 times straight.
Who gives a *?

You're stretching a form line over 3-4 years as if it's somehow relevant.

You actually were one of the leaders of the “he’s only on the list because of his dad“ crew, amongst some of the other condescending crap about him and our other youngsters that you’ve posted. Own it.

I think a few posters might hold you to this, just quietly.

That's fine he still hasn't played a senior game and Cegs is playing lol. I'm actually at the point I'd rather see Reeves over Cegs though, but I've only seen highlight snippets of him in the last 18 months obviously due to Box Hill not having played a proper match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's fine he still hasn't played a senior game and Cegs is playing lol. I'm actually at the point I'd rather see Reeves over Cegs though, but I've only seen highlight snippets of him in the last 18 months obviously due to Box Hill not having played a proper match.
Yeah, he still hasn’t played a senior game.

But you still own that ******* bullshit comment about him only being on the list because of who he knows, because it was s**t then and it’s even worse now.

Finn Maginness

Worpel starting a tagging role has probably pushed him back a few weeks

Yeah, he still hasn’t played a senior game.

But you still own that ******* bullshit comment about him only being on the list because of who he knows, because it was sh*t then and it’s even worse now.

How's it worse he hasn't proven jack s**t as of yet ? You're talking like he's a bonafide best 22 player in a decent team haha.

Worpel starting a tagging role has probably pushed him back a few weeks
Reckon they will be patient with him and bring him in on a long period of form.
If he can take that defensive mid/tag role and do it well it will be huge benefit to the team .

No need to get in a twist about it, I'm thinking it is over 30 years ago though and probably even more like 50 as I doubt they did it in the 70s or 80s.
30 yrs?

50yrs?

Barely anyone from 10+ yrs ago is still playing.

Whether or not anyone has seen Melbourne beat us 4x over a 3yr period is pretty inconsequential.

It's weird to even bring it up if you didn't want to receive feedback.

How's it worse he hasn't proven jack sh*t as of yet ? You're talking like he's a bonafide best 22 player in a decent team haha.
It’s worse now because while it was clear to anyone who isn’t a mopey sadsack back when he was listed that he was a very green project ruck with potential, he’s now showing that he is a bonafide developing ruckman at Box Hill, giving silver service to our mids.

It’s worse now because while it was clear to anyone who isn’t a mopey sadsack back when he was listed that he was a very green project ruck with potential, he’s now showing that he is a bonafide developing ruckman at Box Hill, giving silver service to our mids.

Hopefully we play Sandy at noon on May 1 at Trevor Barker oval before our game later that day Vs the Saints and I can get a look at him first hand live.

Finn Maginness

When I read this I thought of Jack Steele, there's a lot of Similarities in the way they play .It would be huge for us if he could come on as a defensive mid that wins his own ball and can push forward. Finn wasn't the biggest possession winner through under 18s but he did have the ability to push forward and kick a couple.

30 yrs?

50yrs?

Barely anyone from 10+ yrs ago is still playing.

Whether or not anyone has seen Melbourne beat us 4x over a 3yr period is pretty inconsequential.

It's weird to even bring it up if you didn't want to receive feedback.
He is just looking for new ways of calling the team, s**t. It’s how he shows support 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully we play Sandy at noon on May 1 at Trevor Barker oval before our game later that day Vs the Saints and I can get a look at him first hand live.
Instead of telling us that you’re going to watch him play when you can, maybe just own your shitcanning of him right now and say it was s**t form on your behalf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back