Preview Round 5, 2021: Hawthorn v Melbourne MCG 3.20pm Sun 18th April

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In: clarko to rebound and wake up, have not seen such poor decision making ever, this is concerning.

does he have to many yes man in the box with him?

In: clarko to rebound and wake up, have not seen such poor decision making ever, this is concerning.

does he have to many yes man in the box with him?
I think the issue is that the only people who were willing to challenge him moved on, or are coaching our VFL side. The new coaches are too green to push their opinion

Can’t say I agree..
Our skill level was the problem today and neither of those two do anything to improve that..

Cousins in for Worpel - that does something to improve skill (and run).

Nash not in for skill, he is in for his run- However, Nash doesnt turn the ball over. His only skill issue is when lining up for goal, but unfair to judge goal kicking accuracy on past seasons.

WTF people wanting to drop Worpel? Tagged Brayshaw in first half and kept him to 3 touches and was good himself with 13 in the first half. Had a few mistakes in the 3rd, but was good overall.

But seriously, Ceglar and playing 2 ruckman needs to be stopped for good. Obrien cops a lot of hate on here, but Ceglar is twice as bad.

Cousins, Jeka, Burgoyne in
Obrien, Ceglar, Howe out

-Jeka in the blokes ahead of him have showed nothing over the first month his a better kick than all of our kpp fwds.
- Cousins our midfield is still struggling he was really good in the 2nd half of last season added a element.

Out Tob,Howe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It‘s hard to see any of the current side playing in a premiership (Unless they change teams). We are so far off. We are looking at a long time at the bottom. Need to nail all our early picks for the next 100 years or so.

His skill errors are damning though. He should be told to handball or kick long down the line.

Chip knew his limitations. Its time someone tells Worps his.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

He won’t be omitted for making mistakes if he’s following the directives given to him. He did a very good defensive job on Brayshaw today when he’s been poor defensively all year. The directive also appears to be attempt to take those risky kicks - the issue is we don’t have the cattle to execute that gameplan. That’s something we can only address through the next few drafts IMO.

His skill errors are damning though. He should be told to handball or kick long down the line.

Chip knew his limitations. Its time someone tells Worps his.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Had the same anount as mistakes as everyone else. Saw Omeara and Mitchell make some just as costly. They stopped the tag in the last and Brayshaw and Freo killed us in the middle. He played well.

Cousins in for Worpel - that does something to improve skill (and run).

Nash not in for skill, he is in for his run- However, Nash doesnt turn the ball over. His only skill issue is when lining up for goal, but unfair to judge goal kicking accuracy on past seasons.

He was given a job and executed it today. He shut down freo most dangerous midfielder this yr. Brayshaw was one of the top mids in the comp this first month.

His skills are down I agree with that.

Unfortunately I feel we need 2 rucks V Melbourne despite Ceglar being Ceglar again.

There's no use dropping Worpel. His confidence is shot, but at his best he is good enough to win our BNF. We have to play him into form.

TOB has no place in any of our future success and just has to go.

Hartley I thought was reasonable. I dont mind him based on his kicking, and since he is a key defender Im not against playing him over Hartigan.

OUT: O brien, Howe(injured), Hartigan
In, Jeka, Burgoyne, Downie/Cousins

Please bring in Reeves, Cegs is past it...
His non-effort in the 3rd when we just got within 10pts was embarrassing. I’d almost be prepared to concede defeat and go into this game with the one ruck. Get TOB, Lewis and Hartley to give BB a chop out in the ruck if you have to.

INS - Burgoyne, Downie
OUT - Howe, Ceglar

B:Hardwick, Hartigan, Shiels
HB:Scrimshaw, Frost, Cj
C:Impey, Wingard, Jom
HF:Bruest, Jeka, Moore
FF:Nash , Lewis, Brockman
R:Mcevoy Mitchell, Cousins
B: Morrison,Worpel,Phillips,Silk. s Greaves

Unfortunately I feel we need 2 rucks V Melbourne despite Ceglar being Ceglar again.

There's no use dropping Worpel. His confidence is shot, but at his best he is good enough to win our BNF. We have to play him into form.

TOB has no place in any of our future success and just has to go.

Hartley I thought was reasonable. I dont mind him based on his kicking, and since he is a key defender Im not against playing him over Hartigan.

OUT: O brien, Howe(injured), Hartigan
In, Jeka, Burgoyne, Downie/Cousins

Why not do what other clubs do against Gawn? That is to try and rove to him and only play the one ruck.
Big call dropping Hartigan but I agree with you, too slow, is always a yard behind his opponent. He has a spot in the team against the big power forwards, Melbourne do not have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back