Preview Round 5, 2021: Hawthorn v Melbourne MCG 3.20pm Sun 18th April

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logic, reason, good thinking and intelligent, rebuilding-oriented selection says Kosi comes back in for Lewis and maybe give Jeka a run for TOB, but given the stupidly irrational levels of patience they have for him and the spell he seems to have over Clarko, Tim will probably keep his spot.

Logic, reason, good thinking and intelligent, rebuilding-oriented selection says Kosi comes back in for Lewis and maybe give Jeka a run for TOB, but given the stupidly irrational levels of patience they have for him and the spell he seems to have over Clarko, Tim will probably keep his spot.

so you're employed by an AFL club to be their list manager I take it, seeing as how intelligent, logical and reasonable you are relative to some of the paid professionals?

This automatic Tob reprive is nonsense..one of Tob and Ceglar play as the 2nd ruck.

There is no better time to play Jeka. Why?
-Not one single Key Fwd is showing form.
-The forward line is not functioning well.
Jeka is in form and a better field kick than any of the blokes playing his role.

This automatic Tob reprive is nonsense..one of Tob and Ceglar play as the 2nd ruck.

There is no better time to play Jeka. Why?
-Not one single Key Fwd is showing form
-The forward line is not functioning well.
Jeka is in form and a better field kick than any of the blokes playing his role.

nah TOB is a great field kick

he just doesn't have many of em

nah TOB is a great field kick

he just doesn't have many of em

Ha possibly, no good being a good kick if you can't clunk one or get near it ey..

I would prefer Tob stays in as the 2nd ruck/few over cegs he plays better mobile.

Last edited:
What makes this game worse is I'll be in the MCC with a couple of people I promised to go with as opposed to my normal level 1 Hawks area, the MCC will be full of Dees fans sensing an ailing Hawks corpse.... going to be a pint express operation in the Bull ring I'm tipping.
They get very arrogant when they get off to good starts but turn on their team worse than any group of supporters I’ve seen in the MCC.

Was always a pleasure watching them get off to a hot start when we were good and inevitably reeled them in and smashed them.

Don’t see it happening this week but if it happens...

The club aren’t playing TOB because they’re fingers crossed hopeful it’s all gonna click for him at the ripe old age of late 20 something. They play him because, where our list is at, he’s our most experienced forward, offers something structurally and does enough in contests to give the young guys around him a chance to get their hands on it when it hits the deck.

Let’s be honest, if we were competing and we had the cattle, TOB isn’t getting near this team. It’s a reflection of where our list is at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is why he'll roll out Burgoyne and Ceglar etc.
May have to minimise the damage in this one. They'll be going in dry.
Burgoyne I get. Surely we have to try something other than ceglar. Even if it is just to get him to wake up. His preseason form was so good and it has evaporated after a couple of games.

Gawn absolutely killed us last year playing a kick behind play and marking our kicks at will

Really hope they make an effort to not kick it in his general direction next week. He isn't hard to miss, he is 6 foot 10 for crivens sake 😂
I have to disagree here. They were more than aware of where he was last year. We made absolutely sure he had time to get back and into position before we kicked the ball......

FB: Hartley, Hartigan, Hardwick
HB: Jiath, Frost, Impey
W: Morrison, Mitchell, Phillips
HF: Wingard, Nash, Moore
FF: Breust, Jeka, Brockman
Foll: McEvoy, O'Meara, Shiels
Int: Worpel, Burgoyne, Cousins, Cegs
Sub: Scrimshaw

Out: Lewis - sus, O'Brien - drop, Howe - inj,(Scrimshaw - sub)
In: Jeka, Nash, Cousins

Melbourne aren’t that good. Definitely winnable but most likely another competitive performance that ends in a narrow loss.
In: Silk, Downie and Kosi
Out: Howe(inj), Cegs(omitted)and Lewis(susp).
Much quicker side!!!!

Hardwick Hartigan Burgoyne
Impey Frost Jiath
Morrison Mitchell Phillips
Moore O’Brien Wingard
Breust Kosi Brockman
McEvoy O’Meara Worpel
Shiels Hartley Downie Scrimshaw Greaves(sub)

Lewis straight back in for Timmy next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back