Preview Round 5, 2021: Hawthorn v Melbourne MCG 3.20pm Sun 18th April

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a forum, it takes all kinds. :) Freedom of expression of one's thoughts is something we continue to fight for.
No it's not. That's why there are laws against racism and hate speech.

LMGjr

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What he’s saying is that you’ve misrepresented Cousins as a goal kicking mid.
No I haven't. You can pull stats out of your arse without context to prove anything or disprove it, when you do not put any context behind it.

It's the same as asking a mother at home when doing a poll and want a certain answer:

Q1 - Do you think the Australian education system is teaching our kids well? Answer is usually; No, I think it could be improved
Q2 - Do think Australian Kids are smart (knowing damn well she a mother of Australian kids) ? Answer YES (because otherwise she's calling her kids dumb) - oh so the education system is working fine then...

The pollster takes the answer that fits the desired outcome.

Context:

Q1 - kicking 8 out his 10 career goals out of only 12 games, does that make him a goal kicking mid compared to all our other mids, on this block of games alone ? Answer = Yes

Q2 - But by competition wide standards and compared overall with our other mids who have many more goals is he a goal kicking mid? Answer = No

But anyone with eye balls and a memory know the block of games (he's had so few) where he was almost kicking a goal a game, usually from 60 out - can he keep doing it? That's what I want to know, not get stuck in a stats sheet.

Be bloody nice, as all the other mids have a 100 plus games on him and haven't shown they can, so something different in the side would be a novelty.

So it's all good, we all view things differently, but stats be stats and don't always tell the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back