Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preview and changes and all that.

IN: Skills and footy smarts?

Howe will miss with an AC/Shoulder.

Jeka, Greaves come in?

IN: Burgoyne, Greaves, Jeka

OUT: Ceglar (omitted), O’Brien (omitted), Howe (injured)

B: Hardwick, Hartigan, Hartley

HB: Scrimshaw, Frost, Jiath

C: Morrison, Mitchell, Phillips

HF: Burgoyne, Jeka, Wingard

F: Breust, Lewis, Brockman

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Worpel

INT: Impey, Shiels, Moore, Greaves

RoughysMullet

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 8, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Out: O'Brien, Howe (injured), Hartley
In: Jeka/Kosi, Downie, Burgoyne/Greaves

Ceglar only stays because Gawn/Jackson

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 17, 2006
???
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins(NFL)
Out: ceglar (suspended), Howe (inj), Worpel ("managed")
In: witches hat, downie, burgoyne (Ollie the sub)

Lucky to keep their spot: obrien, brockman

Got to turn up before quarter time. Melbourne are improving, but they're still really susceptible when the opposition puts physical pressure on them (such as the first half vs stkilda)

Zack

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
You would have to say another rebuilding year after watching today's game, nothing wrong with that, but apart from his 400th Burgs needs to be the injury emergency every game to get there and then choose a game to play him. If you are rebuilding you don't want to be putting time into a 38 year old for the future.

It's a massive, massive problem Alistair has caused. Probably his most embarrassing while coaching the club (except for Cegs growing up the road)

I'm happy to drop the likes of Worpel et al but I have a choice between them and Burgs I unfortunately have to play them, but I don't see how playing Burgs helps our future in future games given we gave Kosi he's Roughy/Buddy rest this week. He for example comes in b4 Burgs.

I love Burgs but he shouldn't get he's 400th like Sam Newman got his 300th. He's a better bloke for a start. And while I'm over Worpel based on this year and last he's what early 20's I'm playing him for my clubs future before Shaun.

Terrible position Alistair Clarkson has put the club in with this. Haven't seen a cringe moment like that til he got he's kids play musical instruments at our best and fairest.

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
In: Jeka, Burgoyne, Downie
Out: O'Brien, Hartley, Howe (inj)

They won't make McEvoy go alone against Gawn. Doubt they throw Reeves to him either. Also doubt it makes much of a difference.

Nash and Cousins should be a chance on form. Just don't see the selectors moving the pieces around to make it happen.

Apr 17, 2006
???
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins(NFL)
Out: ceglar (suspended), Howe (inj), Worpel ("managed")
In: witches hat, downie, burgoyne (Ollie the sub)

Lucky to keep their spot: obrien, brockman

Got to turn up before quarter time. Melbourne are improving, but they're still really susceptible when the opposition puts physical pressure on them (such as the first half vs stkilda)
To follow up, I'd also like to see Hartley played at half forward. He's a monster kick, and it's our inside 50s which suck. A long kick OVER the pack will cause chaos

A functioning midfield and forward line

Just don’t know if they can continue to persevere with TOB. Would rather Lewis and Kosi continue to be played to get some synchronicity going and even that combo doesn’t inspire me.

Not sure what the answer to Worpel is - would say keep playing him and hope he finds some form but he has actually bought it over from last season.

they need a win because honourable losses can only take you so far before the heads start dropping and beltings start happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back