Game Day Round 5, 2021: Hawthorn v Melbourne MCG 3.20pm Sun 18th April

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do we give worps another run with roll?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

He needs to stand Petracca and learn the craft of reading the ball and how to work your opponent under the ball at clearances and create space for one of your teammates.

our whole midfield does not work for each other like I see with other teams.

When we win a clearance it’s either a hack kick forward under pressure or 6 handballs back to the Half Back line to try and take it forward.

Anyone think we might kick the ball to the opposite side of the ground to Gawn today when bringing it out or just had him the 3 votes now?
To be fair he is very inconspicuous and blends in with the ground does Max which is why we seem to kick it to him 12 times a quarter.

All 6 foot 10, bald head and giant beard of him..... I doubt our players could even pick him out of a police lineup 😂

First game for my youngest this morning. My enormous boy does great hip and shoulder, has the ball, open goal...

Stops to see if the other player is ok. Tackled

None of this today Hawks. No mercy
I think you have something to be very proud of there. Of course you'll still need to tell him he's adopted after that, but secretly, deep inside, proud as punch for raising a decent human being.

I remember when I told my son he'd been adopted. He thought it was fantastic that he wasn't related to us losers. But I set him straight. "No! You are our son, but you've been adopted, pack your things they'll be here in 20 minutes."

I think you have something to be very proud of there. Of course you'll still need to tell him he's adopted after that, but secretly, deep inside, proud as punch for raising a decent human being.

I remember when I told my son he'd been adopted. He thought it was fantastic that he wasn't related to us losers. But I set him straight. "No! You are our son, but you've been adopted, pack your things they'll be here in 20 minutes."

Haha brilliant.

With the exception of a few quarters I've been really enjoying watching us this year. I can a lot of really positive stuff going forward – esp from the passion and excitement of our youngsters like CJ, Moore, Lewis, Morrison, Brockman etc. So if we can somehow avoid gifting them a 5-6 goal head start like every other game this year, we're a real chance of winning today.

It's amazing how good our season will look after 3 honourable losses if we get to 2-3 after today.

It's amazing how disappointing our season will look if we start 1-4 even if it's an honourable loss today.

Going to be an all or nothing feeling come 6pm.

This is one of the best Melbourne teams we’ve seen for a while and Petracca is an exceptional footballer. But just remember, for all the flubber and hype they’re still Melbourne and that much mediocrity is baked in.
Still can’t accept that Melbourne is a good team. That said I can’t see us winning today but funnier things have happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really confident today (previous Gawn message aside). Would love to see Clarko really challenge the forwards to turn it around on the opposition Ruckman.

For a couple of years now, the opposition ruckman has known that we'll kick long to HFF. They've known exactly where to stand & they've dined out on it. Gawn more than anyone. It's time to turn the tables. It's now us that knows exactly where the opposition ruckman will be.

One thing I took from Collingwood vs Eagles was the few times Collingwood brought the ball down the wing & instead of kicking long into the Eagles web of marking KPD (which they did often) - was the few times they kicked to space at CHF, allowing Moore & others to run onto it & mark.

That's what I want to see us do - kick to the hole at CHF: trust the forwards to find a way to get there first.

Angles.

We've always looks a completely different team when our forward 50 entries criss-cross rather than direct

If we are this so called system based team where everyone has to be just here and run exactly there for it to work then for one week we should just follow Kennedy's famous words and see what happens. Might make it fun and spontaneous again, Melbourne sure as s**t wouldn't be expecting that.

Watching box hill, we have no midfield depth at all. So slow. Dees smalls killing us. We are fielding a crazy tall team. Doesn’t seem to work at all in modern footy.

Casey giving us a right touch up as we speak.
Our forward forays are pretty ordinary. We just hand it back. Jeka doing what he can when it gets to him at least.

Meanwhile, Ben Brown, Weideman and even Bedford look a level above..

Watching box hill, we have no midfield depth at all. So slow. Dees smalls killing us. We are fielding a crazy tall team. Doesn’t seem to work at all in modern footy.

It’s looking really thin. You’d think at full strength, Howe, Cousins, Pepper and one of Hanrahan/Brockman would be in there as well.

Reckon we’re nailed on to use all three top 30 picks this year on midfielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back