Preview Round 5, 2021: North Melbourne vs Geelong @ GMHBA Stadium | Sunday, April 18 @ 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That's fine but this Campbell structure stuff is nonsense.
lmfao. Know better than the coach now do we? He literally credited Campbell for allowing us to get 5 goals from our other talls. We kicked our highest score for the year, with the lowest margin we've lost by thus far.

I know you don't want Campbell in the team or the squad, but you're being a bit ridiculous right now.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
lmfao. Know better than the coach now do we? He literally credited Campbell for allowing us to get 5 goals from our other talls. We kicked our highest score for the year, with the lowest margin we've lost by thus far.

I know you don't want Campbell in the team or the squad, but you're being a bit ridiculous right now.

Nah let Choppy play.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Of course he won't get a new contract but if Tristan isn't Xerri ripe then Campbell gets the nod. Real simple. Before that Zurhaar was our second forward target and he isn't even playing. Unless we want to relive "chip chip chip turnover" or "bomb it long to Stewart who is in front of Larkey" our next biggest lump of wood plays. Shaw found this out last year which is why Campbell and then Xerri played.

He's not AFL standard but when you have a lack of options it just has to do. Geelong will pump us 10 goals to 1 if we don't have another tall. Their defensive zoning is up there with the dogs and richmond.
We just have to have smalls at the drop of the ball, unlike last year.
And just an observation, how about some shepherding to protect our ball users, it's a bloody dying art

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We just have to have smalls at the drop of the ball, unlike last year.
And just an observation, how about some shepherding to protect our ball users, it's a bloody dying art
IIRC it was larky who shepherded a pursuer for Phillips to get his goal last week. TBH he probably didn't need to but it was nice to see.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Right so the same lemming consensus (many of whom rated Brad Scott) says I'm wrong and Campbell the way fwd.

Let's see how it works out.

I'm confident I'm right.

Right so the same lemming consensus (many of whom rated Brad Scott) says I'm wrong and Campbell the way fwd.

Let's see how it works out.

I'm confident I'm right.

Nobody is saying Campbell is the long term solution. He's clearly a bandaid solution while Xerri gets up to speed in terms of match fitness and game sense and understanding the game plan. But in the short term, it is sheer lunacy not to acknowledge that with Campbell in the side last week, we looked FAR better in terms of how we moved the footy and to where, and that having Campbell there allowed us to rest Goldy forward, where surprise surprise, he kicked a couple of goals and straightened the side up

I'd wager that if Campbell had clunked 2 or 3 of the marks he dropped in scoring positions and kicked 1 or 2, we'd all be happy to have him in again this week. I'm happy to have him in again if Xerri isn't ready - he's a big seasoned body, he hits to hurt, and he clearly understands the game plan to a point where he's actually in the right position to be kicked to

Nobody is saying Campbell is the long term solution. He's clearly a bandaid solution while Xerri gets up to speed in terms of match fitness and game sense and understanding the game plan. But in the short term, it is sheer lunacy not to acknowledge that with Campbell in the side last week, we looked FAR better in terms of how we moved the footy and to where, and that having Campbell there allowed us to rest Goldy forward, where surprise surprise, he kicked a couple of goals and straightened the side up

I'd wager that if Campbell had clunked 2 or 3 of the marks he dropped in scoring positions and kicked 1 or 2, we'd all be happy to have him in again this week. I'm happy to have him in again if Xerri isn't ready - he's a big seasoned body, he hits to hurt, and he clearly understands the game plan to a point where he's actually in the right position to be kicked to

Exactly lol who actually thinks that Campbell will be our long term solution?

So much for having opinions.

I have a yes no question for you. It’s a simple question all you need to reply is yes or no.

It requires no further explanation just yes or no.

Did playing Tom Campbell against Adelaide make our forward line function better?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Lemmings.

Campbell is horrible. Top guy I'm sure but winning AFL isn't best blokes per year. Tigers go ok with their "bad boys".

*if* this *if* that.

Lemmings.

Campbell is horrible. Top guy I'm sure but winning AFL isn't best blokes per year. Tigers go ok with their "bad boys".

*if* this *if* that.

Did playing Campbell against Adelaide make the forward line function better?

Skarrz

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How about the Campbell haters give him a few games to get up to speed and continuity with the new structure/players before shitting on the man, he didn’t clunk a few and was a bit fumbly but so were half our team. Let’s see after a few weeks if he improves or stagnates then make a call

some of you just like sooking and shitting on people for the sake of it

No.

I'd have played an extra mid so we didn't fall off a cliff.

IMO without him Goldy wouldn’t of had 2, we would have lost by more

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don’t understand the hate against Campbell, he is your normal ruckman. You don’t always get Goldstein and Naitanui.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back