Preview Round 5, 2021: North Melbourne vs Geelong @ GMHBA Stadium | Sunday, April 18 @ 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
4:40 in Geelong on a Sunday is ridiculous. The game will finish at 7:30ish and then a train back to the city then home means your looking at 9pm if you’re lucky. If you drive and try to get out of that awful car park it won’t be much different, on a night with work/school the next morning. On top of that despite having a home and away membership the tickets start at $50.

I would go and considered it for a while but the combination of factors means that it’s too much hassle. I also think the North bays are going to be exposed to the weather and if it’s raining it will be cold, dark and wet. Go * yourself AFL and your government funded stadium.

4:40 in Geelong on a Sunday is ridiculous. The game will finish at 7:30ish and then a train back to the city then home means your looking at 9pm if you’re lucky. If you drive and try to get out of that awful car park it won’t be much different, on a night with work/school the next morning. On top of that despite having a home and away membership the tickets start at $50.

I would go and considered it for a while but the combination of factors means that it’s too much hassle. I also think the North bays are going to be exposed to the weather and if it’s raining it will be cold, dark and wet. Go fu** yourself AFL and your government funded stadium.
Yeah, I agree.

We used to live near to his Mum's place in Windsor. He is a slimy prick - he pushes in at the local milkbar to get served first no matter how many others are already waiting. I got banned from the shop for calling him a prick (in 1981).

He actually used to take his Ray Bans off in the shop so the bloke would recognise him and serve him first.

You just gave me bad memories :(
I was at a wedding in 1990 which was a bit of a who's who regarding Melbourne celebrities, and you are right. He is the only person I have ever seen wearing sunglasses at 10 o'clock at night.

I'm not going to Geelong.....**** that.
I would only entertain going to Geelong (or interstate) when we are legitimate chance to win the game. I do attend all home games though regardless.

We used to live near to his Mum's place in Windsor. He is a slimy prick - he pushes in at the local milkbar to get served first no matter how many others are already waiting. I got banned from the shop for calling him a prick (in 1981).

He actually used to take his Ray Bans off in the shop so the bloke would recognise him and serve him first.

You just gave me bad memories :(
Wonder how Ossie rolls at Milk Bars?

Im going, I live in Geelong tho. I was a bit disappointed how the ticket news came out so late. I was looking and on Monday there was no indication on ticketmaster their would be sales for North members

I'm not going to Geelong.....**** that.

Ive been to most games we’ve played in G bong in the last decade or more, there’s a lot of pain, self inflicted violence and dead cats (family pets) also some miserable journeys home BUT I have to tell you there’s nothing more delicious than watching Cat supporters slink out of the ground from 3/4 time on when they know they’re toast, I wish I could bottle their tears and I could take the lid off the bottle whenever I was feeling down, inhale a big waft and that would make me feel very happy 😃 Biggest F ing sooks of all time and the only reason you would ever want to go there 👹

(Bit about dead cats was joke)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive been to most games we’ve played in G bong in the last decade or more, there’s a lot of pain, self inflicted violence and dead cats (family pets) also some miserable journeys home BUT I have to tell you there’s nothing more delicious than watching Cat supporters slink out of the ground from 3/4 time on when they know they’re toast, I wish I could bottle their tears and I could take the lid off the bottle whenever I was feeling down, inhale a big waft and that would make me feel very happy 😃 Biggest F ing sooks of all time and the only reason you would ever want to go there 👹

(Bit about dead cats was joke)
I lived in Geelong when they won in 2007, you have my sympathies.. they're a different breed of supporter down there.

I would go and considered it for a while but the combination of factors means that it’s too much hassle. I also think the North bays are going to be exposed to the weather and if it’s raining it will be cold, dark and wet. Go fu** yourself AFL and your government funded stadium.

Completely agree with you Luke.

FWIW I gave up going down the hwy when we were forced to buy a reserve seat on top of my premium NMFC membership, prior to that I was more than happy to sit or stand in the public area's and support our team. KP is simply a taxpayer funded cash cow for GFC, a joke.

Completely agree with you Luke.

FWIW I gave up going down the hwy when we were forced to buy a reserve seat on top of my premium NMFC membership, prior to that I was more than happy to sit or stand in the public area's and support our team. KP is simply a taxpayer funded cash cow for GFC, a joke.
I drove down to see the girls play this year and it was difficult getting out of the carpark with that covid restricted crowd, but it was a Saturday lunchtime and was enjoyable. Any team other than North and there would be outrage. The 4:40 Sunday time slot should be scrapped, to play it in Geelong is salt in the wound. I'm waiting for Caro to call us out on the crowd numbers lol

So far i have heard Dangerfield, Rohan, and Parfitt, are back in, then on AFL360 tonight, they are going to roll out Gary Ablett and Harry Taylor for a send off, all we need to complete the trifecta is a whistleblower combo of Razor Ray, Nicholls, and Eleni.
FFS - now Doug Wade, Sam Newman and Polly Farmer are def ins. Not going to the game now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back