Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Thursday, April 15
St Kilda v Richmond (MRVL) (N)

Friday, April 16
West Coast v Collingwood (OS) (N)

Saturday, April 17
Western Bulldogs v Gold Coast (MRVL) (T)
Sydney v Greater Western Sydney (SCG) (T)
Carlton v Port Adelaide (MCG) (N)
Brisbane Lions v Essendon (G) (N)

Sunday, April 18
Adelaide v Fremantle (AO)
Hawthorn v Melbourne (MCG)
Geelong v North Melbourne (GMHBA) (T)

Sep 4, 2020
Tampa, FL, USA
AFL Club
GWS
Hopefully the Giants take on board the "overwhelming response" (their words) to a predominately charcoal design and amend their home jumper to be just that. Then use the all orange for away/clash purposes. I'm not sure I love the kit that they're using against Sydney, but the basic idea is there.

I went back and looked at the original press release, and the all orange kit is officially their clash kit (I had thought it was an away, with the white Indigenous as a clash against gold/red teams). But if they aren't going to wear it against the likes of Fremantle or Collingwood, then I don't see the point of it. Their biggest clashes are against teams in gold or red, in which case its not the dark parts on the front that causes the clash, its the orange back. An all orange jumper does nothing to solve that.

I know the Giants want to build their brand around orange, but a charcoal jumper popping with splashes of a vibrant orange is such a no brainer. Port built a brand around teal in the late 90's-early 00's without wearing full teal jumpers.
I honestly don't get the point of an all-orange jumper being the clash either. It'd be like Richmond making their clash all black to counter navy opponents; it doesn't solve the actual clash.

Speck

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Mixing charcoal and orange half/half on a jumper is what kills it - means that half the teams in the league have some sort of a clash with them. Any black/navy/red/yellow doesn't work well against them, only white does.

They need one mostly charcoal and one mostly orange. Charcoal with a little bit of orange popping is an unreal combination and they should embrace it.

Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rams, Raptors, Leafs, Blue Jays
Mixing charcoal and orange half/half on a jumper is what kills it - means that half the teams in the league have some sort of a clash with them. Any black/navy/red/yellow doesn't work well against them, only white does.

They need one mostly charcoal and one mostly orange. Charcoal with a little bit of orange popping is an unreal combination and they should embrace it.

Agree.

The ‘Sydney Derby’ jumper should be their home and their orange clash should be the away. (Except when away to Sydney and Gold Coast).

I don’t think they need white as a colour, charcoal and orange are great on their own.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Gws are wearing an orange jumper in the vfl and you can barely see the G, the G really needs to be a different colour. I'm not sure the G will be visible for tonight's game.

Jul 4, 2012
County Grant
AFL Club
Geelong
Gws are wearing an orange jumper in the vfl and you can barely see the G, the G really needs to be a different colour. I'm not sure the G will be visible for tonight's game.
I think for a one off it won't matter too much, it is more of a great bit of merch for the average fan. But yes, if they keep this jumper going forward a proper orange G will be needed.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
I think for a one off it won't matter too much, it is more of a great bit of merch for the average fan. But yes, if they keep this jumper going forward a proper orange G will be needed.
The dark kit is meant to be a derby kit (so will be worn atleast once more this year), the orange seems like it will be used consistently over the vfl season

Sep 8, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
clash.JPG

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
I'm sold. Make the G solid and that should be the Giants' home guernsey.
This is what I don’t get. People complain that our Guernsey is too plain yet they are all too happy for the giants to have a more plainer Guernsey with logo on the front?! At least we have side panels!

magpiemaniac44

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
San Antonio, Melbourne Stars
This is what I don’t get. People complain that our Guernsey is too plain yet they are all too happy for the giants to have a more plainer Guernsey with logo on the front?! At least we have side panels!
I think people don't like the Suns logo and the Giants colours look much better

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
The GIANTS colours aren't anywhere near as jarring as yours though.

The issue with your look runs far deeper than the design of the guernsey.The colours, logo, and design all combine to make an absolute eyesore.

GWS have a bold, unique set of colours and a clean, minimalist logo. GC's colours are shared by a multitude of exisiting clubs and the shades they've chosen are offensively bright. Even a more muted shade of red and yellow would go a long way to improving the look.

Back