Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Thursday, April 15
St Kilda v Richmond (MRVL) (N)

Friday, April 16
West Coast v Collingwood (OS) (N)

Saturday, April 17
Western Bulldogs v Gold Coast (MRVL) (T)
Sydney v Greater Western Sydney (SCG) (T)
Carlton v Port Adelaide (MCG) (N)
Brisbane Lions v Essendon (G) (N)

Sunday, April 18
Adelaide v Fremantle (AO)
Hawthorn v Melbourne (MCG)
Geelong v North Melbourne (GMHBA) (T)

Jun 2, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
GWS
Nice little cash grab, I assume they have plans to do 2 more vs Collingwood over the next 2 years. Can't have 1 with out the other 2, easy $450

The news article suggests that the backs of the three jumpers will "form" a single image of the MCG.

It's all a bit much, tbh.

(someone also needs to remind their content writers that 'infamous' is almost always a negative term...)

Boyohboywowwee

All Australian
Jun 3, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
GWS should wear their home kit every home game.

orange away with white shorts against. Adel, Carl, Coll, Ess, Frem, Melb, Nm, Rich,Port, stk, wb, wce

charcol away with charcol shorts, Geelong, gc, Sydney

charcol away with white shorts
Brisbane, hawthorn

keep the indigenous jumper for indigenous round only.

Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Villa, McLaren F1, ENG

The news article suggests that the backs of the three jumpers will "form" a single image of the MCG.

(someone also needs to remind their content writers that 'infamous' is almost always a negative term...)

Would have thought the Southern Stand would be 2003 as the MCG will be a construction site in 2003 on the other side.

Mozzie_Squad

All Australian
Dec 13, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melb City, Storm, Stars
Looks like Giants reserves team may wear the orange clash with charcoal shorts

4368E39C-5E00-40B1-B61B-57A17280816D.jpeg

workhorse

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
a44dd64c24ae197a30cb1922cadd5063

Saw this in the Herald Sun this morning, Giants 2nd clash? Apologies if this has been deciphered before!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I’m thinking no special kits for the Saints tonight. They had all the purple merch on the desk on 360 last night but no jumper. Thats the perfect/usual time they would show it off.

I found it interesting that Nick Riewoldt made a comment surrounding the fact that he wondered if people would be getting fatigue around the match and whether it was still going to have the impact it once had. Its always been something I’ve wondered about with these themed games. At what point do you stop doing them?

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
a44dd64c24ae197a30cb1922cadd5063

Saw this in the Herald Sun this morning, Giants 2nd clash? Apologies if this has been deciphered before!
This jumper (apparently) will be worn only against the Swans in the derby - Home and away it seems. it was bought about by fan reaction to a pre-season praccy match against them. everyone (rightly) loved it and the club responded by formalising it.

maybe with more fan pressure it might be used in other games sometime in the future, but at the moment it is a Derby Jumper.

Sep 4, 2020
Tampa, FL, USA
AFL Club
GWS
This jumper (apparently) will be worn only against the Swans in the derby - Home and away it seems. it was bought about by fan reaction to a pre-season praccy match against them. everyone (rightly) loved it and the club responded by formalising it.

maybe with more fan pressure it might be used in other games sometime in the future, but at the moment it is a Derby Jumper.
I thought I saw somewhere (don't remember where) that they were leaving it open to be worn on other occasions. They sold out of them during the pre-order very quickly, so they'd be mad not to incorporate it more.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Hopefully the Giants take on board the "overwhelming response" (their words) to a predominately charcoal design and amend their home jumper to be just that. Then use the all orange for away/clash purposes. I'm not sure I love the kit that they're using against Sydney, but the basic idea is there.

I went back and looked at the original press release, and the all orange kit is officially their clash kit (I had thought it was an away, with the white Indigenous as a clash against gold/red teams). But if they aren't going to wear it against the likes of Fremantle or Collingwood, then I don't see the point of it. Their biggest clashes are against teams in gold or red, in which case its not the dark parts on the front that causes the clash, its the orange back. An all orange jumper does nothing to solve that.

I know the Giants want to build their brand around orange, but a charcoal jumper popping with splashes of a vibrant orange is such a no brainer. Port built a brand around teal in the late 90's-early 00's without wearing full teal jumpers.

Lemon Boi

High quality
Nov 20, 2019
The Citrus Grove
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
North QLD Cowboys, Las Vegas Bears
Saints in purple socks.

1618479980844.png

(P.S. – Isn’t the white panel on the guernsey a bit narrow?)

Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
Saints in purple socks.

View attachment 1103322

(P.S. – Isn’t the white panel on the guernsey a bit narrow?)
Hmm - minimalist Maddie's Match compared to previous years. Could have had the Maddie logo on the jumper somewhere perhaps.

Or wear a purple sash. I'd like to see that one day - say Essendon with a black only jumper but an actual red sash! Free kick against for pulling the sash;)

Oct 5, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Norwood, St George
Hopefully the Giants take on board the "overwhelming response" (their words) to a predominately charcoal design and amend their home jumper to be just that. Then use the all orange for away/clash purposes. I'm not sure I love the kit that they're using against Sydney, but the basic idea is there.

I went back and looked at the original press release, and the all orange kit is officially their clash kit (I had thought it was an away, with the white Indigenous as a clash against gold/red teams). But if they aren't going to wear it against the likes of Fremantle or Collingwood, then I don't see the point of it. Their biggest clashes are against teams in gold or red, in which case its not the dark parts on the front that causes the clash, its the orange back. An all orange jumper does nothing to solve that.

I know the Giants want to build their brand around orange, but a charcoal jumper popping with splashes of a vibrant orange is such a no brainer. Port built a brand around teal in the late 90's-early 00's without wearing full teal jumpers.

I still think GWS should base their home guernsey on something like this to tie into Sydney's sporting history

1618489928960.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back