Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Thursday, April 15
St Kilda v Richmond (MRVL) (N)

Friday, April 16
West Coast v Collingwood (OS) (N)

Saturday, April 17
Western Bulldogs v Gold Coast (MRVL) (T)
Sydney v Greater Western Sydney (SCG) (T)
Carlton v Port Adelaide (MCG) (N)
Brisbane Lions v Essendon (G) (N)

Sunday, April 18
Adelaide v Fremantle (AO)
Hawthorn v Melbourne (MCG)
Geelong v North Melbourne (GMHBA) (T)

Is there a member vote for the next clash?

Last member vote they did was for the most popular Port jumper. I think the Prison Bars, current home and SBS jumper rounded out the top 3 from memory. It was around that time we changed from a full black back and brought back the number panel.

"While they are in the mood for change they could also find a way to wear the charcoal jumpers on display at the SCG more often. They are a winner and a huge contrast to the Gold Coast jumpers that look more like ones an insurance company would wear playing football on a corporate day."

:roflv1:

This is what I don’t get. People complain that our Guernsey is too plain yet they are all too happy for the giants to have a more plainer Guernsey with logo on the front?! At least we have side panels!
They’re chalk and cheese really. Gold Coast’s is just so jarring; the colours, the proportions, the logo - pretty much all design elements - come across Ill considered.

Its like comparing two houses that are both three bedroom and two bathroom and assuming that they’re both going to be of equal quality. The five word summary may be the same but that’s about where it ends.

This is what I don’t get. People complain that our Guernsey is too plain yet they are all too happy for the giants to have a more plainer Guernsey with logo on the front?! At least we have side panels!
Plain doesn't always mean bad in my opinion. Think Carlton or the Big V, they are plain but strong designs which speak for themselves. The Gold Coast jumper doesn't stand out, it's not particularly striking. Whereas the Giants and their colour scheme allow the 'G' fit it to be visually distinct from the traditional club designs and 'flashy' for lack of a better phrase. I think the main gripe myself and others have with the Suns' kit is the element of unfulfilled potential. There is so much you can do with Red and Yellow.

Plain doesn't always mean bad in my opinion. Think Carlton or the Big V, they are plain but strong designs which speak for themselves. The Gold Coast jumper doesn't stand out, it's not particularly striking. Whereas the Giants and their colour scheme allow the 'G' fit it to be visually distinct from the traditional club designs and 'flashy' for lack of a better phrase. I think the main gripe myself and others have with the Suns' kit is the element of unfulfilled potential. There is so much you can do with Red and Yellow.
Gold Coast really need to just implement more white into their guernseys. White really adds a lot of balance to the red and yellow and is nice looking combo. Teams like the Atlanta Hawks and KC Chiefs do this well.
1618823540547.png
This is probably my favourite looking Gold Coast guernsey (even though they never wore it). Something like this with a little more red and more of a pronounced 'wave' design element with red shorts could actually be a very nice home guernsey without requiring any dramatic overhaul.

Gold Coast really need to just implement more white into their guernseys. White really adds a lot of balance to the red and yellow and is nice looking combo. Teams like the Atlanta Hawks and KC Chiefs do this well.
View attachment 1106708
This is probably my favourite looking Gold Coast guernsey (even though they never wore it). Something like this with a little more red and more of a pronounced 'wave' design element with red shorts could actually be a very nice home guernsey without requiring any dramatic overhaul.

What is this??!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back