Game Day Round 5, 2021: St.Kilda v Richmond *MADDIE'S MATCH* *CARLISLE 150TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
B4DRWLW.png

Really interested to see how we go tonight. It could be a turning point for the development of this group, as we never show up in marquee games.

Looking forward to it.

Big game tonight. Big show if the 5 day recovery doesn’t hurt. Usually the mids decide the game but tigers talls have gotten us a few times. Control the midfield which I think we are stronger and so their ball movement and make them bomb. Yes they love bombing anyway but if the bomb it should only be the smalls that beat us even though their 2 talls are pretty good on the ground. Martin must be stopped when forward which I’d suggest will be 60% of the night. Probably only play midfield around57% and down back2%.

Who goes to Martin when forward? That might determine who wins.

We'll win.
Who goes to Martin when forward? That might determine who wins.
Everyone talking about Martin but Riewoldt is averaging 3 goals a game this year.

All a bit irrelevant anyway - we will kick a bigger score than them - I think that means we win.

GAMEDAY!! Woke up positive and just maybe this is the end of tigers era.

Marshall down to Steele / Crouch / Bytel out to Jones / Clark / Hill bullet passing into King / Membrey then either MARK and GOAL or crumbing Butler / Higgins GOAL. Cant see how we can lose. :)

All other things been equal, I think much will depend on Marshall's foot and how Coff goes- we need him to do his role well.
Get a feeling Higgins might go ok tonight. Here's hoping.

We'll win.

Everyone talking about Martin but Riewoldt is averaging 3 goals a game this year.

All a bit irrelevant anyway - we will kick a bigger score than them - I think that means we win.

I don’t know how people can be this blindly confident but I love it. I just want them to show last week was no fluke. We do that and it will be very very hard for us to lose. That’s an impressive brand of football.

but Richmond probably will do their best to ensure we don’t play like that. I think they’ll be keen to bounce back tonight.

tipping Richmond but very very aware that we could pinch this.

All other things been equal, I think much will depend on Marshall's foot and how Coff goes- we need him to do his role well.
Get a feeling Higgins might go ok tonight. Here's hoping.
Higgins found some form against the Eagles. Hopefully can sneak a few snags tonight.

Just had a quick look over at the Richmond sub and gee they are pessimistic about this game.

I think they should be a lot more confident because they are deservedly the favourites tonight.

We'll need a big team effort to get back up and about after a 5 day break
Let's hope we bring it and get our season well and truly back on track!

Ladies and gents I’m attending tonight and have organised to park under Marvel Stadium, any suggestions on what time I should arrive to avoid any dramas getting a spot? Is it usually pretty easy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quietly confident, which kinda makes me question my sanity.

Following the Saints can me me feel like i'm just a few steps away from playing naughts and crosses on a padded wall with my own faeces.

But yep, quietly confident. Really hope Hunter being an emergency doesn't mean Roma won't get up.

Saints by 26

Last edited:
Ladies and gents I’m attending tonight and have organised to park under Marvel Stadium, any suggestions on what time I should arrive to avoid any dramas getting a spot? Is it usually pretty easy?

I usually get there an hour early....but I hate being late lol. Never really had any dramas with I though

I think this game might be won and lost in the match ups. Need to get them right.

Webster should go to Lambert.
doogs to lynch
I like Sinclair on castagna - will be a good chance to further learn his craft in defence.

Looking at those highlights, Koby Stevens was a pretty good player looking back.
koby stevens was criminally underrated and one of the toughest players we had - concussion ended his career which was devastating.

This game is going to be won above the shoulders for us. If that side that played the last quarter of last week shows up, the Tigers won't know what hit them. Get overwhelmed by the situation and we'll get rolled by a super experienced side that can punish anyone that loses concentration or effort.

We are a real Jeckyl and Hyde side. Our best can look incredible, our worst looks disengaged and disinterested or even panicked and shaky some times. Hopefully we carry over the confidence we will have got from last week. Probably need to jump them early rather than relying on turning the tide on the Tigers like we did against WCE.

Last season we seemed to get up for some big matches and drop easy ones. We also have a habit of not showing up when we get a marquee spot. We just have to hope that psychotic pressure game we played in the last quarter last week comes early.

This game will become known as the passing of the torch from one premiership dynasty to the next!
Brisbane were smashed by Carlton before embarking on a 16 match winning streak culminating in the flag.
Richmond thrashed by us and then shortly after began their dynasty.
maybe the Essendon Game could be the catalyst when we look back at our 2021-23 hat trick of flags?

For those saying we don’t show up with marquee spots we played three games on Thursday nights last year and won two of them. We played two on Friday nights and belted GWS before taking it up to a very good Richmond team who went in to win the flag. You have to go all the way back to 2018 for our last marquee spot because in 2019 we didn’t get a single Thursday or Friday night game.

this is our first time in a marquee spot this year - let’s see how we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back