Autopsy Round 5, 2021: St.Kilda v Richmond *MADDIE'S MATCH* *CARLISLE 150TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And using mental health as a tool to eliminate criticism. Unfortunately this happens all the time. It diminishes any likelihood of a mature debate.

Props to the ‘negs’ who refused to run with the accusation (which actually occurred) Hill has off field issues.
What about the positives who did use that either. I have no idea about hills mental health. I do know there was racism. No idea how much. I haven’t seen it.

Make sure you complain about the negs from other clubs have made better decisions regarding hair grease and how our hair grease is more like gel and is too set.

Yeah, well it's true, those Melbourne teddy-boys have it better because we used the last of our money on McCartin grease and they got the last tub of Petracca. Ours turned to s**t and made our hair fall out.

And using mental health as a tool to eliminate criticism. Unfortunately this happens all the time. It diminishes any likelihood of a mature debate.

Props to the ‘negs’ who refused to run with the accusation (which actually occurred) Hill has off field issues.
Not criticism. Abuse.

Why does it have to be one or the other? I have been scathing in my criticism of the percieved attitude of the players.
Have also conceeded we have key injuries and with Marshall and Jones in we look a different team.
I haven't conceeded the year but if the attitude doesn't change quickly it will be a long and poor season.

Which is his point I think - it could well be a bit from column A and a bit from column B.
Pretty much where I sit at the moment. Sounds like you do too.
It’s “a fine balance” but we’re all keeping a very close watch.
( Excellent book if you haven’t read it. - Nothing to do with footy 🤣)

You are in an autopsy thread where we got crushed by 80 points what do you expect? This is not unique. This is the same as all club boards on BF.

A bit like turning up to a funeral and saying you preferred the vibe of his birthday party. ;)

Maybe you didn’t read my post previously. I will give you that out. I’m not talking on here. Wouldn’t have a clue. I’m talking in hills street where he lives. I didn’t hear it but a mate who lives next to him did. He said exactly that at a funeral I attended Friday. It’s not always about big footy for me when I write things

Not criticism. Abuse.
You tried to accuse people on here for the mental heath thing
And like i said last night not one person on here went down that track

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly don’t care if there was, it’s a separate issue and has nothing to do with his on field output which has been nothing short of abysmal.
Ratts has made a rod for his own back by publicly saying he won’t be dropped - even star quarterbacks get sat on the bench when underperforming. The issue is the cupboard is bare but still sends a shocking message to the rest of the playing group. Going back west and sinking cans with his family to clear his head sends another s**t message to the team as well, as unpopular an opinion on here as that will be.

You tried to accuse people on here for the mental heath thing
And like i said last night not one person on here went down that track
I didn't try and accuse anyone of anything, don't be so disingenuous. I apologised for misinterpreting what you and others said and made that really clear. I'm talking about what happened on social media.

You are in an autopsy thread where we got crushed by 80 points what do you expect? This is not unique. This is the same as all club boards on BF.
If you are feeling anything but negative after getting utterly destroyed by a team we:

1. Beat at the same venue in the same round the previous year
  2. We respectfully lost to in a final just a few months previous

then I want whatever you are smoking as it must be really, really good stuff.

Throw in a 10 year re-build in an equalized competition and a promising season last year that appears to be a false dawn, no wonder fans are climbing up the walls. It’s completely fair enough in my opinion, and not negative, but logical.

I didn't try and accuse anyone of anything, don't be so disingenuous. I apologised for misinterpreting what you and others said and made that really clear. I'm talking about what happened on social media.
You only apologised after you got called on it

I didn't say it was on here. Not once.

It looked like you tried to suppress criticism of Hill by tarring any one that thought he'd been s**t as being aligned with the racist a-hole brush.

I honestly don’t care if there was, it’s a separate issue and has nothing to do with his on field output which has been nothing short of abysmal.
Ratts has made a rod for his own back by publicly saying he won’t be dropped - even star quarterbacks get sat on the bench when underperforming. The issue is the cupboard is bare but still sends a shocking message to the rest of the playing group. Going back west and sinking cans with his family to clear his head sends another sh*t message to the team as well, as unpopular an opinion on here as that will be.
Just out of interest what should he do on his break? And sinking cans is emotional rubbish. And you don’t care if there was racism or mental abuse. Seriously? Wow.

You only apologised after you got called on it
You can think whatever you like, I was under the impression that people had an issue with him taking time away from the game and once I realised we we were all actually discussing two separate things I apologised for misinterpreting what had originally been said.

It looked like you tried to suppress criticism of Hill by tarring any one that thought he'd been sh*t as being aligned with the racist a-hole brush.
Well then you read it wrong. I thought people were critical of him for taking time away to deal with his mental health because of the crap he copped on social media, but afterwards it become clear it was the performance only. I was under the impression it was everything when it wasn't and apologised for thinking people were critical of him taking time away from the game.

Maybe you didn’t read my post previously. I will give you that out. I’m not talking on here. Wouldn’t have a clue. I’m talking in hills street where he lives. I didn’t hear it but a mate who lives next to him did. He said exactly that at a funeral I attended Friday. It’s not always about big footy for me when I write things

That's s**t and an invasion of privacy and probably a criminal act but it doesn't make anyone who criticise him a part of that.

If you are feeling anything but negative after getting utterly destroyed by a team we:

1. Beat at the same venue in the same round the previous year
  2. We respectfully lost to in a final just a few months previous

then I want whatever you are smoking as it must be really, really good stuff.

Throw in a 10 year re-build in an equalized competition and a promising season last year that appears to be a false dawn, no wonder fans are climbing up the walls. It’s completely fair enough in my opinion, and not negative, but logical.
Correct but there are different ways to be upset. Throwing the whole club under the bus after years of improving the whole club is way over the top.

It looked like you tried to suppress criticism of Hill by tarring any one that thought he'd been sh*t as being aligned with the racist a-hole brush.
Yep

Just out of interest what should he do on his break? And sinking cans is emotional rubbish. And you don’t care if there was racism or mental abuse. Seriously? Wow.
Honestly mate if you are saying that someone who is underperforming will find improvement by doing anything other then head down arse up work then I won’t waste anymore time.
There hasn’t been anything other than a hint by a saints tweet and George saying it on here - if legit where’s the clubs response?
So no, until proven I don’t care in unsubstantiated reports. And George saying it isn’t proof enough for me - no offense George.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back