Autopsy Round 5, 2021: St.Kilda v Richmond *MADDIE'S MATCH* *CARLISLE 150TH*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
That's sh*t and an invasion of privacy and probably a criminal act but it doesn't make anyone who criticise him a part of that.
Again I wasn’t talking about on here. Racism is racism whether in his street at the pub or on the internet. That’s what I’m talking about. As I said I saw none on here.

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Maybe you didn’t read my post previously. I will give you that out. I’m not talking on here. Wouldn’t have a clue. I’m talking in hills street where he lives. I didn’t hear it but a mate who lives next to him did. He said exactly that at a funeral I attended Friday. It’s not always about big footy for me when I write things
So it is based on what you heard from someone who lives next door to Hill who heard something? Jesus

Haha well hopefully you see that differently now after having already apologised for reading it wrong and explaining myself just above.

Unbelievable you think I would label anyone here racist after some of the s**t I've copped on here before.

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Correct but there are different ways to be upset. Throwing the whole club under the bus after years of improving the whole club is way over the top.
Thrown the whole club under the bus? Could you be just slightly exaggerating there pluggs? This is a discussion forum, the discussion has been mild, no abuse/racism (as stated by George).

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Honestly mate if you are saying that someone who is underperforming will find improvement by doing anything other then head down arse up work then I won’t waste anymore time.
There hasn’t been anything other than a hint by a saints tweet and George saying it on here - if legit where’s the clubs response?
So no, until proven I don’t care in unsubstantiated reports. And George saying it isn’t proof enough for me - no offense George.
So where is the proof he is sinking cans? I still want you to tell me what he should do when back home. When did I say he will improve by drinking but let’s play a little silly game. Has he been playing well. No. What If he hasn’t touched a drop in that period. Has that helped. I’d say no again. Yep made up stuff but you have no idea as I don’t if having a beer with friends will or won’t help him next week.

Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda
So where is the proof he is sinking cans? I still want you to tell me what he should do when back home. When did I say he will improve by drinking but let’s play a little silly game. Has he been playing well. No. What If he hasn’t touched a drop in that period. Has that helped. I’d say no again. Yep made up stuff but you have no idea as I don’t if having a beer with friends will or won’t help him next week.
I have told you what he should be doing either at home or in Vic - but apparently you need me to repeat it...
Head down arse up work.

Honestly mate if you are saying that someone who is underperforming will find improvement by doing anything other then head down arse up work then I won’t waste anymore time.
There hasn’t been anything other than a hint by a saints tweet and George saying it on here - if legit where’s the clubs response?
So no, until proven I don’t care in unsubstantiated reports. And George saying it isn’t proof enough for me - no offense George.
Most of the game is above the shoulders that has been made really clear to all of us the last three weeks so I don't know where you get the idea all a player can do to improve is to work hard physically then you mustn't understand the importance of mental health.

I saw the racist stuff on social media before the club removed it Thursday night, this is why the word minorities was included in the Saints response, I don't know what will come from it but I hope it is taken seriously.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
So it is based on what you heard from someone who lives next door to Hill who heard something? Jesus
Yes it is. Why the hell would he lie. You don’t even know the guy. He wouldn’t lie to prove something. Seriously that’s a pathetic post. Calling a guy a liar who lives next to hill and from knowing him would never lie in his life. And this was after the Essendon game. No idea what happened after the tigers games. I’d believe him before someone called plugger66 or triggering bros. You go with not believing him or me though if it makes you feel better.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if it was true but it should be dealt with by police. I'd say it's contributed to his stress levels but the biggest part of the stress build up would be due to people criticising his form. I'd probably try to back myself to play through it if I was him and earn respect through hard yakka. If he is really suffering he can take time off but I hope it's not squibbing the hard stuff and going to ground to avoid scrutiny. It won't earn him more respect, which I think he craves. I really hope he gets to the point where he wants to prove himself.

Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Most of the game is above the shoulders that has been made really clear to all of us the last three weeks so I don't know where you get the idea all a player can do to improve is to work hard physically then you mustn't understand the importance of mental health.

I saw the racist stuff on social media before the club removed it last night, this is why the word minorities was included in the Saints response, I don't know what will come from it but I hope it is taken seriously.
Mate I want to trust you saw it, I really do (or maybe I don’t so it never happened) but if that’s true then where’s the clubs response? They can’t wait 3 or 4 days after the fact to make a statement. How weak does that look?

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if it was true but it should be dealt with by police. I'd say it's contributed to his stress levels but the biggest part of the stress build up would be due to people criticising his form. I'd probably try to back myself to play through it if I was him and earn respect through hard yakka. If he is really suffering he can take time off but I hope it's not squibbing the hard stuff and going to ground to avoid scrutiny. It won't earn him more respect, which I think he craves. I really hope he gets to the point where he wants to prove himself.
It's two separate discussions and this is where I misread it last night. I agree his form should be criticised, there's no problem in doing that. But the abuse is intolerable and also want to make it really clear it wasn't on here but on social media. Well there was a bit of it in the Gameday thread but not since then anyway.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
We really do just make up things. What would ringing the cops do. More spotlight. Everyone just guesses what he is doing. I am as well but the difference is I’m trusting the coach. Is he really playing a guy out of form sinking cans and not working hard enough. Doubtful

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yes it is. Why the hell would he lie. You don’t even know the guy. He wouldn’t lie to prove something. Seriously that’s a pathetic post. Calling a guy a liar who lives next to hill and from knowing him would never lie in his life. And this was after the Essendon game. No idea what happened after the tigers games. I’d believe him before someone called plugger66 or triggering bros. You go with not believing him or me though if it makes you feel better.
You are very predictable

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Media would be causing the most stress. I doubt he gives two many shits about social media nobodies. Unless it’s about private matters. See his wife’s response.

Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Proof please that he is sinking cans. Proof please he isn’t working hard at home.
Mate he’s gone home to family and to clear his head.
If any of us did that in our high pressure roles that’s exactly what it means - family get together and sinking cans.
Even you would have the VB on ice and the chicken and chips and dimmies laid out for a spread of you had a family member coming home.

We really do just make up things. What would ringing the cops do. More spotlight. Everyone just guesses what he is doing. I am as well but the difference is I’m trusting the coach. Is he really playing a guy out of form sinking cans and not working hard enough. Doubtful

If someone is racially abusing him in his street that should be a charge and he could probably get an AVO or something. I don't care what he's doing off field, he's not performing on it.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Mate he’s gone home to family and to clear his head.
If any of us did that in our high pressure roles that’s exactly what it means - family get together and sinking cans.
Even you would have the VB on ice and the chicken and chips and dimmies laid out for a spread of you had a family member coming home.
Surely you are taking the piss. You must be.

Mate I want to trust you saw it, I really do (or maybe I don’t so it never happened) but if that’s true then where’s the clubs response? They can’t wait 3 or 4 days after the fact to make a statement. How weak does that look?
Firstly I'll say that I take issue with people being quick to label others or paint them a certain way without knowing them or having a good idea of the situation and I have made that really clear when we've discussed topics like Collingwood in the past for instance. I'm not that type of person, I don't leech off of outrage and scandal. In fact I hate it. But I saw some of the stuff online, the club did mention minorities in their tweet so this would back up what I saw because they wouldn't use the word just because.

As for the response I don't know if they've already spoken to Brad or they have already found the people responsible and reported them (making it a police matter and letting them deal with it). I have no clue.

Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Surely you are taking the piss. You must be.
About what part?
He has gone home
He is seeing family
Sinking cans is more probable than possible unless he’s a tee totaller?
Maybe you’re referring to your family get together? If that’s the case then only you can answer - but I reckon VB’s and the aforementioned spread would be pretty good

About what part?
He has gone home
He is seeing family
Sinking cans is more probable than possible unless he’s a tee totaller?
Maybe you’re referring to your family get together? If that’s the case then only you can answer - but I reckon VB’s and the aforementioned spread would be pretty good
If he has gone home for the weekend a few cans with family and friends is not going to hurt

What ever it takes to get the best out of him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back