Autopsy Round 5, 2021: St.Kilda v Richmond *MADDIE'S MATCH* *CARLISLE 150TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all won't him to succeed
Himself and team mates and the rest takes care of it self
Yes but what I’m saying is don’t do it for the media or the salary or to justify the trade’s worth. Do it for yourself. Shut all the other s**t out.

This was pretty big and looked well lived in. Had so many hooks for all his pictures. Ron had well and truly passed away when bought it off his wife.
Yeah I know exactly where it is, the place he moved from I always liked bloody massive two storey place on a quarter acre plus block with lovely gardens. You might get it now somewhere from $6.5 to $7+ million, street can’t be touched it has a covenant that covers it. It was once considered a drawback and kept prices down because you couldn’t put apartments on them, now it’s a huge bonus because they haven’t ruined the street.

Is he the old guy that had a codger fight on tv?
Nah 3db radio and Chanel 7, hosted world of sport here in Melbourne and eventually ran 7 he was chairman of north for years.

He was a great football identity and world of sport was a great show, he called the fights as well I think. They covered everything on that show all the main sports. The best things were clubs and pubs had tug of war teams and it was a serious comp, live wood chopping, bike racing on rollers haha classic stuff.

I wrote earlier in this thread about supporting the players and not getting too down about the Richmond game . Just know I was as disappointed with the effort we witnessed after quarter time as anyone else . And I know injuries aren’t an excuse . But the point I tried to make , not very successfully as it turned out , was for us to defeat an almost full strength Richmond team at the moment we need to be at full strength too . Yes the effort appeared woeful that’s for sure but if we manage to still make the finals then I will be happy given our injuries plus having the hardest draw once again .
I wasn’t meaning to sound like I had rose coloured glasses on but I was just trying to stay positive and have fingers crossed we perform better next week .
Go Saints .

Anyone listen to Sen this morning ?
About 4 or 5 times Watson has brought up about Ratts giving Hill a free pass and what it does to the rest of the team

Has Seb been in his uncle’s ear ?

Have I said otherwise? What's that got to do with his body being able to handle afl?
I don't know how else to explain this but playing on a wing as an incredibly talented player is a bit different to filling a KPF spot as a stop gap... You're trying to make some point about Essendon getting rid of McKernan but it's nonsensicle because, 1) Essendon were never going to be competing with anyone except north and apparently us. 2) Cox is a lot more talented than Bell is or ever will be, 3) We were bringing in players to fill roles in worst case scenarios with the aim of playing finals this year for which Bell was categorically unsuited. Whinge about it all you like but it doesn't really change any of those things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About 4 or 5 times Watson has brought up about Ratts giving Hill a free pass and what it does to the rest of the team

Maybe he's right.
But on the other hand....i have a list of people who have no authority to criticise the coaching at StKilda. Its not a big list but Tim is on it.

I mentioned I thought it could be the issue with us coasting at the moment. It does set a very bad message to young footballers. Some have to go and do the hard yards but others get $900,000 to coast along. Even if it's just that they all play with the same lower intensity it can make a difference.

I don't know how else to explain this but playing on a wing as an incredibly talented player is a bit different to filling a KPF spot as a stop gap... You're trying to make some point about Essendon getting rid of McKernan but it's nonsensicle because, 1) Essendon were never going to be competing with anyone except north and apparently us. 2) Cox is a lot more talented than Bell is or ever will be, 3) We were bringing in players to fill roles in worst case scenarios with the aim of playing finals this year for which Bell was categorically unsuited. Whinge about it all you like but it doesn't really change any of those things.

Bell was meant to be very talented, he just happened to be out of contract and a long term ruck prospect. Realistically he was probably 4 years off being ready to be a first picked ruckman if he was quick. As we saw with list reductions, plenty of the best ruck stocks didn't get drafted last year.

Its rare i agree with Timmy but in this instance...

Something about broken clocks.

My Richmond mate who's pretty involved in footy reckons that there is something going on inside the club to have effort dropped off so much. He's the disfunction whisperer, he can spot it, he saw plenty at the Tigers over the years. The only positive thing is that he hasn't actually heard anything about what's going on and it's just an opinion.

He's been actually pretty positive about us apart from that. He reckons that Richmond are just so well drilled that they'll get sides that don't have the same level of organisation or experience. He reckons we should just hold our course and ram games into our playing list.

I mentioned I thought it could be the issue with us coasting at the moment. It does set a very bad message to young footballers. Some have to go and do the hard yards but others get $900,000 to coast along. Even if it's just that they all play with the same lower intensity it can make a difference.
It doesn’t matter what position you play or what type of player you are some things are non negotiable.

My Richmond mate who's pretty involved in footy reckons that there is something going on inside the club to have effort dropped off so much. He's the disfunction whisperer, he can spot it, he saw plenty at the Tigers over the years. The only positive thing is that he hasn't actually heard anything about what's going on and it's just an opinion.

He's been actually pretty positive about us apart from that. He reckons that Richmond are just so well drilled that they'll get sides that don't have the same level of organisation or experience. He reckons we should just hold our course and ram games into our playing list.

Can i swap him for my Richmond mate. Most constructive thing i got from him was something about pants pulled down and spanking.

Yep and playing some of our other players like Battle, Carlilse, Howard or King in the ruck temporarily would have had a better overall output than playing Mckernan or Hunter, which means its a complete waste of a list spot in a season where list spots are scarce and we also had to clear some of our drafted players who had some potential to develop to make way for them as well as Wood.

Genuine question, how many teams would have 2 ruck back ups on their list with no scope for development and aren't really afl quality when they have 2 very good rucks already?

Yep and playing some of our other players like Battle, Carlilse, Howard or King in the ruck temporarily would have had a better overall output than playing Mckernan or Hunter, which means its a complete waste of a list spot in a season where list spots are scarce and we also had to clear some of our drafted players who had some potential to develop to make way for them as well as Wood.

Genuine question, how many teams would have 2 ruck back ups on their list with no scope for development and aren't really afl quality when they have 2 very good rucks already?
We clearly only picked for the immediate term tho. We didn't give a * about development. McKernan was only supposed to play if one of Ryder or Marshall went down and Hunter was brought in at the 11th hour when it looked like both might need time off. We cleared list spots for salary cap reasons as much as anything with the covid reductions and were essentially forced into picking one of those 2 with no time left to spare.

You've just changed the argument altogether. You said Hunter, McKernan and Wood are all bit part players at best and liable at worst but at least they have bodies capable of standing up to the rigours of AFL. A 19 year old project ruck who's never played a game and spent a year in the dev leagues would not.
I pointed out an example that there are players of a similar age and physique quite capable of playing afl.
Nothing to do with talent. Weird you're getting so defensive about this.

What a F*cking joke of a club.

here is the response to my email
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi G***,

Thanks for your email.

We are terribly sorry to hear that you won’t be renewing your membership with The Saints.

We’re aware that many Saints fans are unhappy with our performances lately, but I assure you that the boys will do their best to make our supporters proud.

For any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me via this email or call us on 1300 467 246.

Go Saints!

Kind Regards,

St Kilda Football Club
RSEA Park

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stuff the long time member lets get the work experience girl to respond.

This club does not give a hoot about the member. What a disgraceful lack of care.

Pathetic gutless club can GAGF'ed

Last edited by a moderator:

Timid deflecting from how poor his nephew has been?

public ally, I actually think the Ratten message was correct. It’s the behind close doors one that needs to be strong and direct.

you don’t need to kill hill in the media - who are looking for headlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back