Autopsy Round 5, 2021: St.Kilda v Richmond *MADDIE'S MATCH* *CARLISLE 150TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a F*cking joke of a club.

here is the response to my email
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi G***,

Thanks for your email.

We are terribly sorry to hear that you won’t be renewing your membership with The Saints.

We’re aware that many Saints fans are unhappy with our performances lately, but I assure you that the boys will do their best to make our supporters proud.

For any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me via this email or call us on 1300 467 246.

Go Saints!

Kind Regards,

Haylee Boyce

Reception Trainee
St Kilda Football Club
RSEA Park

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stuff the long time member lets get the work experience girl to respond.

This club does not give a hoot about the member. What a disgraceful lack of care.

Pathetic gutless club can GAGF'ed

more than you deserved for that message

Trainee receptionist responding to a 31 year old disgruntled member who has paid not only for a membership but reserved seats etc ?

it’s the optics, but hey each to their own. Club has clearly ingrained eating sh*t into a number of you.
Well without any context around how many emails they received it's hard to tell how practical it is to individualise those e-mails. I've worked in environments like that for over a decade so I can understand how difficult it is to do something like what is being suggested if it's just simply impractical, and you alluded to as much in an earlier post of yours.

As for people eating s**t that the club has ingrained into us, a few things. Firstly I don't know why you are so upset that a few people don't want to be as pessimistic as you. We are all pissed off on some level, it's silly to think there's people here that think everything is fine at the club.

You have eaten up the s**t the club has peddled just as much as anyone, you were super optimistic heading into the year about things like match sim or stuff you were told through your contacts at the club. And that's ok if you got sucked in, we all did, myself included. Not sure why you are trying to hang s**t on people for that now. If the form continues in the manner it has I reckon we were all duped at some point.

Oh no they got the trainee receptionist to respond to the 1000 whinging emails after a loss, this is terrible!

Our membership team seem to be doing ok. Didn't we just tick over 50,000 members for the first time ever?

But yes of course the club is a shambles and I'm an idiot.
We ticked over 50k at 1-1 (most likely post gws).

since then we are kinda of a rabble.

so just answer one question.

does the club get 50k members if we had the expectation of “maybe making finals”

more did we get 50k members because we made the finals last year and we talked big about making the 4 this year?

Having trainee receptionist answering those emails is not a great look
Gives the impression the clubs care is very low
I see it as a club under the pump physically unable to respond personally to hundreds of messages. What did you expect the club to do given how many are angry at the moment and how many probably would've done exactly what Joffa did.

I agree with you.

but has has already said the stuff you have said in the past 12 months.
Even slapped the playing group for not giving him the ball last year.

I am going to guess and say this is the last roll of the dice before getting dropped.

I think were in agreement that the Pressers are a complete PR and spin exercise and i understand that but its still important.

I said it in a previous post, how do you reckon a Jack Bytel feels about ratts saying "we wont drop Hill" or Coff being directly compared with him (in spite of Coff getting his ribs rearranged to win the footy).

Ratts public message will be seen by the playing group and frankly if i was in that playing group id be pretty pissed off that the public message is "Its not Hills fault its everyone elses, also hes subject to a completely different standard".

Oh no they got the trainee receptionist to respond to the 1000 whinging emails after a loss, this is terrible!

Our membership team seem to be doing ok. Didn't we just tick over 50,000 members for the first time ever?

But yes of course the club is a shambles and I'm an idiot.

yes you are right across how a membership organisation works. :D

Hilarious. Mate, I would give it up here and now, you are embarrassing yourself.

We ticked over 50k :D:D:D

yes we should reach 80k with the effort they are putting in. May need to promote the trainee receptionist to membership to cope with the new members desperate to get on board. :D

This is too good.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi G***,

Thanks for your email.

We are terribly sorry to hear that you won’t be renewing your membership with The Saints.

We’re aware that many Saints fans are unhappy with our performances lately, but I assure you that the boys will do their best to make our supporters proud.

For any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me via this email or call us on 1300 467 246.

Go Saints!

Kind Regards,

Haylee Boyce

Reception Trainee
St Kilda Football Club
RSEA Park

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This club does not give a hoot about the member. What a disgraceful lack of care.

i have to admit I may have cracked the shits last year and sent an email and got the same response. I took a couple of days to cool down and ended up with 4 instead of two memberships due to guilt. I think that’s a generated response. It’s kind of benign and doesn’t inflame a raging member I guess. I told them to * off and stop contacting me and they did at least listen. All correspondence ended instantly. I’m glad I jumped back on after the season we had. My Richmond mate did the same thing when he’d had enough and jumped back on when they came good. He’s a big advocate for it. He reckons it saved him being angry for a couple of years. Him telling me to do it probably made me sign back up to be honest. I’m good at being obstinate.

I see it as a club under the pump physically unable to respond personally to hundreds of messages. What did you expect the club to do given how many are angry at the moment and how many probably would've done exactly what Joffa did.

Draft a standard response and sign it from someone senior, then send it from the head of Membership.

If the club were organised theyd have some process in place anticipating this response.

Its amatuer hour.

We ticked over 50k at 1-1 (most likely post gws).

since then we are kinda of a rabble.

so just answer one question.

does the club get 50k members if we had the expectation of “maybe making finals”

more did we get 50k members because we made the finals last year and we talked big about making the 4 this year?
We were 1-1 about two weeks ago. Puts in perspective how spineless you are to have jumped off that quickly.

It's not that I don't think Joffaboy's deserving of a proper response, but if there literally are hundreds/thousands of people actively making complaints at the moment the staff may be under a lot of pressure and stress at the moment, and it's most likely not a very happy workplace right now. If copy/paste gets them through their day, then that might have to do at the moment.

As far as Lethlean in particular goes, I'd prefer he spends every waking minute dissecting how we've gone from a team on the rise to a completely uncompetitive team in the space of a few months. How, despite adding depth to our list, and even taking into account some significant injuries have we been leapfrogged by Melbourne, Sydney, the Dogs, and at least temporarily by Essendon, Adelaide, and the list probably goes on.

Winning games like the Eagles game based on frenzied effort isn't sustainable. When the effort drops, you shouldn't disappear from the field completely. Even "witches hats" would be an exaggeration of our presence on the field against the Dees, Bombers and Tigers.

There must be failures of:
Preparation (what was/wasn't done in the off season)
Leadership (what have our senior players not done that they could have done to stem the bleeding)
System (the top teams are still in the game when they don't have momentum, why aren't we?)
Training (how clear are the players in their roles? are they working hard enough in a particular role at training)

And others.

If I was after a response, I'd probably prefer that the club find the answers to these questions and give supporters some kind of statement relating to the above once they've figured it out. To contact members before they've got the answers is going to be a pretty futile effort in my opinion.

Draft a standard response and sign it from someone senior, then send it from the head of Membership.

If the club were organised theyd have some process in place anticipating this response.

Its amatuer hour.
I don't actually think it matters who it was from. No response is going to appease members apart from playing good football.

Well without any context around how many emails they received it's hard to tell how practical it is to individualise those e-mails. I've worked in environments like that for over a decade so I can understand how difficult it is to do something like what is being suggested if it's just simply impractical, and you alluded to as much in an earlier post of yours.

As for people eating sh*t that the club has ingrained into us, a few things. Firstly I don't know why you are so upset that a few people don't want to be as pessimistic as you. We are all pissed off on some level, it's silly to think there's people here that think everything is fine at the club.

Secondly, all you have eaten up the sh*t the club has peddled just as much as anyone, you were super optimistic heading into the year about things like match sim or stuff you were told through your contacts at the club. And that's ok if you got sucked in, we all did, myself included. Not sure why you are trying to hang sh*t on people for that now. If the form continues in the manner it has I reckon we were all duped at some point.
Yep I was and I was also the one who told you I sought answers as a fan aswell and I responded to you all with my convo with someone from the club - I told you directly who aswell. But my optimism also doesn’t mean I need to accept below par crap.

Also public relations 101 doesn’t have the 31 year member replied to by the trainee receptionist. Maybe the 1-5 year members - maybe the non financial supporters. In 6 months they will be calling joffa and inviting him into Moorabbin for a sit down and coffee to get him to renew his package.

31 years kinda deserves some respect.They have been around longer then anyone in an official capacity and will probably still be after.

the reason I tagged you, was because you have a relationship with finnis/the club to highlight where it didn’t quite meet the mark, correct?

would you not think this fits that criteria?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't actually think it matters who it was from. No response is going to appease members apart from playing good football.
I dont think any response was going to appease members but some responses aggreavate them more.

This is an example of the latter. The optics of this sort of thing are important and that response shows a lack of foresight that this might happen, a lack or preparedness to respond and a lack of any plan to deal with it.

with all due respect Richmond has more members because they have more supporters. For 150 years we’ve been left behind by everyone else. Some of it because of our pathetic history; some of it because we just had a smaller demographic. We’ve been increasing exponentially over the last decade due to the bayside demographic being extended - and I’m a northern suburbs boy. There’s none of us up here let me tell you. I have probably met about twenty st kilda supporters in real life and that’s including my son and my father. I’ve met hundreds of Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon and Richmond supporters.

Exactly. They need every last one of you - through thick and thin! Clearly not a great start to the year, but it's a long year and the players are obviously adjusting to the longer quarters etc. Younger teams that play fast footy like the Saints might struggle with this.

Who invited you into the conversation insinuating I am a bandwagoner?

Will cop it from Saints supporters but not some nobosy troll.

Jog on noddy :rolleyes:

I invited myself, after re-visiting the thread (I posted earlier with several likes, which none of you had an issue with).

There doesn't seem to be a rule in this thread about participation from opposition supporters.

You can cop it from whoever you want, doesn't change the fact that you're having a little tanty + sook to your club and threatening to turn your back on them, then having another sook because the reply wasn't from someone important enough to validate your whinging. If Jack Steele emailed you and said 'sorry mate, we'll try harder next week' would you have signed up for 2022 already?

Kinda short sighted. You blokes had members dropping off dump trucks of manure.

Sure did - note that the bloke in question is a tragic and kept his membership. Tigers went on to win the next 4 games and played in the prelim that year. Club is significantly better run these days. But the club will always need the fan to show up!

yes you are right across how a membership organisation works. :D

Hilarious. Mate, I would give it up here and now, you are embarrassing yourself.

We ticked over 50k :D:D:D

yes we should reach 80k with the effort they are putting in. May need to promote the trainee receptionist to membership to cope with the new members desperate to get on board. :D

This is too good.
Wait, do you work for a membership organisation?

Oh I'm so sorry I didn't realise until you said it the 100th time.

Of course you're right, the club is a rabble, thanks for clearing that all up. Hopefully the senior receptionist can get a good response to you soon, make you feel all warm and fuzzy.

Almost as spineless as the boys. I should clip videos of how they have given up chasing etc within 5 weeks of a new season.
Wouldn't surprise me as it's exactly the kind of "supporter" you are.

yes exactly George. You have worked in a membership organisation, there are strategies to cope with diisgruntled members.

If, as you suggest, there was a flood of emails, maybe a couple of decisions needed to be made.

1) don't give the whole club the day off
2) get back with an email suggesting that there is has been a high volume of corrospondence and someone will get back to you in due course. THis is acceptable as it means the organisation is working through the usual supporter rant email's they get after every loss (as you would know that happenes every loss) and others that are unusual.

However to get a sorry to see you go, stock email from the trainee Receptionist is the worst possible strategy an organisation could give to a financial member.
It basically say F*ck off, we don't need you. Lovely. And feeds into the belief that the club don't care about the members, only your money.

Wait, do you work for a membership organisation?

Oh I'm so sorry I didn't realise until you said it the 100th time.

Of course you're right, the club is a rabble, thanks for clearing that all up. Hopefully the senior receptionist can get a good response to you soon, make you feel all warm and fuzzy.

Trying to educate you as you seem very ignorant and you are actually embarrassing yourself.

Yep I was and I was also the one who told you I sought answers as a fan aswell and I responded to you all with my convo with someone from the club - I told you directly who aswell. But my optimism also doesn’t mean I need to accept below par crap.

Also public relations 101 doesn’t have the 31 year member replied to by the trainee receptionist. Maybe the 1-5 year members - maybe the non financial supporters. In 6 months they will be calling joffa and inviting him into Moorabbin for a sit down and coffee to get him to renew his package.

31 years kinda deserves some respect.They have been around longer then anyone in an official capacity and will probably still be after.

the reason I tagged you, was because you have a relationship with finnis/the club to highlight where it didn’t quite meet the mark, correct?

would you not think this fits that criteria?
Well yeah I can pass the feedback on but again it's impossible to know what the situation is like right now, and if this thread is anything to go by the club would be receiving hundreds of similar e-mails.

With that in mind, how plausible would it be for a small team like the one at the club to handle the sheer volume of something like this whilst also appeasing every member with an individualised response. It seems pretty obvious having worked in similar environments that this is just not a practical solution and no matter the response it will not be enough because if the response was great but the performance on the weekend isn't then there is no difference. Back to square one.

Going back to my two camps analogy from before - the negs are not “jumping off” the club. They’re not declaring the season over. They’re trying to say that we are in trouble and see the glass as half empty or maybe even almost empty. I’m a natural pessimist so I understand their way of thinking although my therapist has taught me to be less emotionally involved with football.

again, the positive crew are not saying everything is good. Nor are they accepting mediocrity. Nor are they blaming injuries, fixture or stiff out of our control. Posits still see there us a lack of effort, of energy in the team. They are just more level headed and not throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

And again I reiterate you’re not necessarily in one or the other. But certain posters are in the camp. ie stavro and gringo are definitely negs; lewdogs and George definitely positive and plugger66 and joffa are definitely neither.

Respond in a professional manner

Hi G***,

Thanks for your email.

Go Saints!

Kind Regards,

Haylee Boyce

Reception Trainee
St Kilda Football Club
RSEA Park

Jeez - get a grip mate.

You send an email to generic email address and when the lowest paid member of the staff doesn't offer something to you (I don't know exactly what you expect her to say - here Joffa - here's a free membership, a new captain, coach and better quality players and whole new direction!!) you complain on here.

If you'd written to Lethean you'd have a point - as you didn't - you don't.

Hi G***,

Thanks for your email.

Go Saints!

Kind Regards,

Haylee Boyce

Reception Trainee
St Kilda Football Club
RSEA Park

Everyone is pointing out the reception trainee wrote that. I doubt that.

Reads like a copy and paste job, stock standard reply. The type Telstra would send to its clients.

If a member of the last 31 years is questioning whether they can financially support the club in the future, it should mean something.
The team has been incredibly poor over those 30+ years, but now is when their support is wavering? That should mean something, but I guess they just don’t care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back