Autopsy Round 5, 2021: St.Kilda v Richmond *MADDIE'S MATCH* *CARLISLE 150TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow the same whingers are out today. Seriously just grow up. Support the club or dont. If you don’t want to them fine but stop whinging about the same crap on here.
It’s a public footy forum
Stop whinging

surely there's enough smarts built into the system that someone looks up the member who's complaining, looks at the years of tenure, then goes "sh*t this person has invested a lot in the organisation that employs us, maybe it's a good idea that we give this account more priority/time"

because you know what stings, when friends/family/workmates, listen to the guy who got this email and think "fu** he loves the saints, what did they do to make him so disinterested, what in the hell is going on in there"

because usually people who are passionate enough to be members for that long, people identify them with their football club, due to their great loves/interests. they're like walking advertisements for the club.

do you really wanna piss off the guy, who's a walking advertisement for your organisation?
How plausible is doing that when there's hundreds of emails. You do understand how time consuming cross referencing emails to the database would be, right?

Nobody is going to spend hours of their shift, potentially their entire day, making sure each response is appropriated to that specific person's age, years of membership, or anything else.

Like others have said, I'm surprised they even responded. I wouldn't have. Not for fear of coming across a certain way, but for the obvious challenges doing something like that would face.

Going back to my two camps analogy from before - the negs are not “jumping off” the club. They’re not declaring the season over. They’re trying to say that we are in trouble and see the glass as half empty or maybe even almost empty. I’m a natural pessimist so I understand their way of thinking although my therapist has taught me to be less emotionally involved with football.

again, the positive crew are not saying everything is good. Nor are they accepting mediocrity. Nor are they blaming injuries, fixture or stiff out of our control. Posits still see there us a lack of effort, of energy in the team. They are just more level headed and not throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

And again I reiterate you’re not necessarily in one or the other. But certain posters are in the camp. ie stavro and gringo are definitely negs; lewdogs and George definitely positive and plugger66 and joffa are definitely neither.

I think we are all just under a bit of strain because the season isn't panning out the way we'd hoped. Some people jut out their chin and walk tall into battle, some people go "sack every idiot that ****ed something up", some turn to jelly and quiver, some take on the role of the supreme stoic that is superior for their ability to weather the pain of another failure, some think everyone else is irrational but they have the only valid response etc.

We all deal with s**t in our own way. I'm use to having control of things, I own my own business and can make decisions and live or die by them. I find having no control over something immensely frustrating and anyone that is stupid enough to start their own business is egocentric and has to be almost idiotically optimistic about their chances of making money from it or you'd sit around until you talked yourself out of it.

In real life I'm not pessimistic, it's the lack of control over something and thinking my management skills are superior to everyone else's that make me a whinging pain in the arse. In real life I'm more on the upbeat and happy go lucky side. My wife thinks I'm unrealistically optimistic about how things will work out and I underestimate my skills and time frames because I back myself in to be good at things with no basis for that confidence.

Wouldn't surprise me as it's exactly the kind of "supporter" you are.

I actually have to back you up there. Stavro has been nothing but positive for his entire time on BF. He's not like me who goes off at every sign of drama, a bit like how the club has responded to Joffa, telling him he's a weak supporter for losing his s**t is pretty ordinary. Why don't you try to prosecute why he should see your viewpoint, maybe he'll come around. Right now we've dragged him over to the dark side and we're happy to have him.

Everyone is pointing out the reception trainee wrote that. I doubt that.

Reads like a copy and paste job, stock standard reply. The type Telstra would send to its clients.

If a member of the last 31 years is questioning whether they can financially support the club in the future, it should mean something.
The team has been incredibly poor over those 30+ years, but now is when their support is wavering? That should mean something, but I guess they just don’t care.

Yep it's a stock message. It's the one I got too. They need some one to write up something that is much more appropriate for certain types. I know I felt like it didn't take the gravity of my actions into account and felt less valued than I thought I should have been. Judge away but if clubs lose their oldest and most loyal supporters they are losing more than just a years worth of memberships.

How plausible is doing that when there's hundreds of emails. You do understand how time consuming cross referencing emails to the database would be, right?

Nobody is going to spend hours of their shift, potentially their entire day, making sure each response is appropriated to that specific person's age, years of membership, or anything else.

Like others have said, I'm surprised they even responded. I wouldn't have. Not for fear of coming across a certain way, but for the obvious challenges doing something like that would face.

sounds like more symptoms of the same problem...

can you describe what it would require to "cross reference" an email address to a membership profile at st kilda fc? how are they reading these emails?

Again I doubt it matters to be honest, if Joffa has had enough to the point he is emailing the club threatening to cancel his membership then I don't reckon anything will appease him apart from better performance on-field. And that's the same for pretty much anyone.

They need to win games of football, any other response is futile.

It does seem to devalue you you are feeling and doesn't seem to address the distress that has driven someone to take what is a monumental thing when a club is part of your identity after that long. You are doing it because you are in distress or even pain from how you think there playing or you've completely lost faith in the direction of the club. They could get a copywriter in to come up with some set responses that really look like they actual care to keep you.

Yep it's a stock message. It's the one I got too. They need some one to write up something that is much more appropriate for certain types. I know I felt like it didn't take the gravity of my actions into account and felt less valued than I thought I should have been. Judge away but if clubs lose their oldest and most loyal supporters they are losing more than just a years worth of memberships.

That is actually incredibly poignant. Joff has likely been around long enough that the membership team was a couple of old lady volunteers who also worked the canteen at Moorabbin (sorry Joff). In a way hes fabric of the club type stuff.

Ive been a member for a year, if i got the email he got i would be pissed off, but ultimately what do they owe me.

I said i think the response was incredibly poor and unproffesional and i stand by that but honestly 10, 20,30 year members probably do deserve more than others.

I think we are all just under a bit of strain because the season isn't panning out the way we'd hoped. Some people jut out their chin and walk tall into battle, some people go "sack every idiot that f’ed something up", some turn to jelly and quiver, some take on the role of the supreme stoic that is superior for their ability to weather the pain of another failure, some think everyone else is irrational but they have the only valid response etc.

We all deal with sh*t in our own way. I'm use to having control of things, I own my own business and can make decisions and live or die by them. I find having no control over something immensely frustrating and anyone that is stupid enough to start their own business is egocentric and has to be almost idiotically optimistic about their chances of making money from it or you'd sit around until you talked yourself out of it.

In real life I'm not pessimistic, it's the lack of control over something and thinking my management skills are superior to everyone else's that make me a whinging pain in the arse. In real life I'm more on the upbeat and happy go lucky side. My wife thinks I'm unrealistically optimistic about how things will work out and I underestimate my skills and time frames because I back myself in to be good at things with no basis for that confidence.
I know that gringo. And it’s not inherently bad to be in the negs just like it’s not inherently good to be in the posits. Like I said before I think both groups have good points and see the angles in different ways.

It’s probably not right to call the negs that either - they are more like realists whereas the posits aren’t dreamers. They are realists in a more positive sense.

sounds like more symptoms of the same problem...
What, that a football club with limited staff cannot spend all day responding to hundreds of emails because it's impractical?

When has this NOT been the case?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It does seem to devalue you you are feeling and doesn't seem to address the distress that has driven someone to take what is a monumental thing when a club is part of your identity after that long. You are doing it because you are in distress or even pain from how you think there playing or you've completely lost faith in the direction of the club. They could get a copywriter in to come up with some set responses that really look like they actual care to keep you.
Yeah again I'm surprised he even got a response at all. It is just impractical to send hundreds of emails all day and placate everyone in the process.

What, that a football club with limited staff cannot spend all day responding to hundreds of emails because it's impractical?

When has this NOT been the case?

i disagree with that statement 100% especially when you factor in the cost of not managing this correctly

can you explain how they read these emails? and what process they would use to work out who the member is that sent in the request?

they've done this in the past though right? they've contacted members when the s**t hit the fan over richo! why were they able to do that then but not now?

i disagree with that statement 100% especially when you factor in the cost of not managing this correctly

can you explain how they read these emails? and what process they would use to work out who the member is that sent in the request?
Most businesses like that use a CRM to manage customer data but emails would come through Outlook. Those systems can talk to one another but it would only work if the person sending the email filled out a form to be contacted or filled out a form that could be recognised by the CRM.

Just saying here's my member number and I've been a member for 30 years wouldn't automatically link the email to the CRM.

This is if the club even has the functionality to do so, because I've rolled out CRM's before and features like that cost a lot of money, something that a football club probably wouldn't find useful enough to spend money on as they are only managing a database of 50,000 and wouldn't have the regular need for a function like that.

29 year member I haven’t even got a reply from them with my email about membership, social club as well for at least 20 years. Never have had a call, a thankyou or anything from this club (even a generic one 😂)I don’t believe the club really gives a s**t, it’s all culture same as we have had for 150 years on and off the field and unwilling to change.
Comes a time when the loyalty can run out and has for me also won’t be renewing for at least the next few years until see an on and off field culture change and I’m sure another failed rebuild....

Ok thank you.

the point I’m getting at and why I asked plugger was that you probably should be able to relate to joffas annoyance and why there are others including myself frustrated with the response.

how would you feel after 40 years financially supporting the club which includes homing the interstate boys and you had a grievance only to be told don’t let the door hit you on the way out from the trainee receptionist? (still laughing at this)

it just isn’t great and it is another shitty thing to cap off a shitty 5 weeks from the club. That’s why people aregetting frustrated and overworked.
Firstly I would never waste my time writing a letter. Secondly I choose to pay my money. They don’t force me the same as we chose to play hill his money. Hill didn’t force them. Thirdly that is pretty much the response I expect so I’m happy with it. I haven’t used my membership to get into our games for many years so it’s a donation anyway and that’s why I would never write a letter to the club And when I housed the players they gave me a weeks notice that the kids would move to a hone in Seaford. Since pretty much that day the club haven’t contacted me and should they. Not imo. I was used by the club as I expect every club does. I don’t expect anything from our club. Well I’d love more effort from some players but that’s an individual player issue.

Its actually incredibly simple.

You anticipate that an 85 point drubbing might make some fans want to cancel their memberships.

You draft a generic response that adresses that anger, assures fans there will be a response, outline the plans, thank them for their patience.

It gets reviewed by comms and probably a director. Director puts his sig on it. Membership team is told to look for keywords and respond accordingly.

Message goes out as response to all those who emailed, sig from director, sent from head of membership.

Its not gonna satisfy everyone but it will satisfy WAY more than what Joff got.

Its also just planning, prep and execution. In a way its no different to footy department.

Thats why its so concerning to me, clearly no aspect of the club is planning and executing.

Yes how dare he vent to an organisation he has paid tens of thousands of dollars to over a 30 plus year period.

What a monster.

Christ we love to eat our own.

We breed proper stoics at the Saints. I still think we are like an order of stylites that stand on poles for years on end to show how superior our brand unwavering faith is. Lewdogs is our Saint Simeon.

29 year member I haven’t even got a reply from them with my email about membership, social club as well for at least 20 years. Never have had a call, a thankyou or anything from this club (even a generic one 😂)I don’t believe the club really gives a sh*t, it’s all culture same as we have had for 150 years on and off the field and unwilling to change.
Comes a time when the loyalty can run out and has for me also won’t be renewing for at least the next few years until see an on and off field culture change and I’m sure another failed rebuild....
Relax the trainee receptionist is getting through the emails aswell as delivering the mail and making coffee.
Be patient.

That is actually incredibly poignant. Joff has likely been around long enough that the membership team was a couple of old lady volunteers who also worked the canteen at Moorabbin (sorry Joff). In a way hes fabric of the club type stuff.
phantom13....I'm showing my age here.....haha......but your post put me in the "Tardis" back to when I was a kid.

Indeed....I remember walking thru the door to reception at Moorabbin and there was a hole in the wall.....and yes....inside were the 2 ladies who ran the office.

Those were the days....

Firstly I would never waste my time writing a letter. Secondly I choose to pay my money. They don’t force me the same as we chose to play hill his money. Hill didn’t force them. Thirdly that is pretty much the response I expect so I’m happy with it. I haven’t used my membership to get into our games for many years so it’s a donation anyway and that’s why I would never write a letter to the club And when I housed the players they gave me a weeks notice that the kids would move to a hone in Seaford. Since pretty much that day the club haven’t contacted me and should they. Not imo. I was used by the club as I expect every club does. I don’t expect anything from our club. Well I’d love more effort from some players but that’s an individual player issue.
You said yesterday that you had written letters to the club

Most businesses like that use a CRM to manage customer data but emails would come through Outlook. Those systems can talk to one another but it would only work if the person sending the email filled out a form to be contacted or filled out a form that could be recognised by the CRM.

Just saying here's my member number and I've been a member for 30 years wouldn't automatically link the email to the CRM.

This is if the club even has the functionality to do so, because I've rolled out CRM's before and features like that cost a lot of money, something that a football club probably wouldn't find useful enough to spend money on as they are only managing a database of 50,000 and wouldn't have the regular need for a function like that.

yeah that's not true, the information is literally coming through on the email and your membership would be tied to an email, which in most cases would be the same one, which would handle the majority of the volume. there's ways you can handle this... hell you can do it without even engaging the services of a sophisticated CRM.

but you've missed the point, they were able to handle this in the past, what's changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back