Preview Round 5, 2021: St.Kilda v Richmond - Marvel Stadium, Thursday 15th April, 7:20PM AEST *MADDIE'S MATCH* *CARLISLE 150TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 39 59.1%
  • Tigers

Votes: 27 40.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair i won money on the saints beating eagles last week so you could say im a bit one eyed but even i cant say i expect to win this week. Tigers have had a bit of negative attention after a couple of losses and are likely to be fired up.
They are still the best team in it. We will be very lucky to pinch a win if we do
Agreed.
Anyone thinking they are just going to fall off the cliff is dead wrong. I can assure you they will be fired up for this match. Hope we can handle their heat.
We must get off to a good start - score early goals.

No chance Carlisle gets away with dropping a knee into an opponent throat who is lying on the ground. Final or otherwise.
Imagine the mob that would come after him if he slung an opposition player, without the ball, to the ground by his neck after play had stopped.

But nothing to see when Cotchin does it.

Bytel. Everyone seems to assume that he was knocked out. But was he?

Looking at the replay while there was a minor looking head clash, he copped a ferocious impact to his chest which is where the contact mainly occurred and so I wonder if it may have just been more that he was winded?

At the ground I thought he was lying face down on the turf for about 15 seconds, but I was following the play so not watching him closely.

Well that’s a wrong decision but it’s not a report. It wasn’t then and still isn’t under any rule.
I don't see how in this day and age, where there is such attention on protecting players from injury and eliminating dirty, thug acts from the game, how the act of slinging someone by their neck doesn't even get a fine. Or even appear in a single replay on any coverage of the game.

How is that different that Lynch being fined from kneeling on Howard's neck? Both could cause serious damage.

did he actually eye gouge him or is that part of the poor me narrative we seem to be always put on in these cases.

I don't see how in this day and age, where there is such attention on protecting players from injury and eliminating dirty, thug acts from the game, how the act of slinging someone by their neck doesn't even get a fine. Or even appear in a single replay on any coverage of the game.

How is that different that Lynch being fined from kneeling on Howard's neck? Both could cause serious damage.
Yes but neither are bumps to the head that can knock people out so the result comes into it and fair enough. It does in a court case. Anyway it’s over so who cares. You do I don’t.

Our midfield: Cotchin, Edwards, Bolton, Graham.

Dusty will mostly play forward as always, frustratingly.

Couple of okay wingers in McIntosh and Pickett.

Aarts, the world's slowest pressure forward, stays in the 22.

I'll say what I said a few pages earlier, you are gonna destroy us.
Yep we are going to destroy a side that has won 3 of the last 4 flags. Please stop it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but neither are bumps to the head that can knock people out so the result comes into it and fair enough. It does in a court case. Anyway it’s over so who cares. You do I don’t.
Would have thought Cotchin's action would fall under the 'dangerous tackle' category more so than a bump.

But you are right, we should move on. But I won't be disappointed if Jones or someone else hits Cotchin extra hard tomorrow.

Wasn’t the dirtiest thing but he’s got form with this stuff. Wouldn’t mind seeing him cop a decent bump in a marking contest.

I'd love for the team to stand up and for each other. If Cochin or Lynch do anything dirty they should be made to pay the price...they'll get away with it from the umpires, but they don't have to get away with it from our own. Doesn't have to be dirty, but it can certainly blur the lines, and be played on the edge.

Yep we are going to destroy a side that has won 3 of the last 4 flags. Please stop it.
I'm not being facetious, we're nowhere near playing well enough, our midfield is looking slow and not applying pressure, and we're currently 18th for forward pressure in the AFL I think, which used to be our one-wood. Apologies, just a bit of a melt otherwise. Selection is currently baffling at Tigerland.

I'm not being facetious, we're nowhere near playing well enough, our midfield is looking slow and not applying pressure, and we're currently 18th for forward pressure in the AFL I think, which used to be our one-wood. Apologies, just a bit of a melt otherwise. Selection is currently baffling at Tigerland.
I feel so sorry for you. It must be so tough having selection issues.

Our midfield: Cotchin, Edwards, Bolton, Graham.

Dusty will mostly play forward as always, frustratingly.

Couple of okay wingers in McIntosh and Pickett.

Aarts, the world's slowest pressure forward, stays in the 22.

I'll say what I said a few pages earlier, you are gonna destroy us.

Never once has an opposition poster said this on our board, we have agreed with some confidence and then things have turned out well for us.

Fortius quo fidelius actually directly translates as “Expect the worst, hope for the best”.

PS cool avatar. Cactuar was one of my favourite battles in FF8 (which is one of my favourite games of all time).

I dont remember any eye gouge happening. I think Cotchin may have done that to someone else over his career.
Someone mentioned eye gouging before I think. Can’t remember.

I feel so sorry for you. It must be so tough having selection issues.
Sarcasm noted, cheers.

Anyway cool, then just so I know for next time, it's not okay to come to another team's board and have an opinion? Like me coming along and saying "oof, I expect to lose this one", is not allowed? Just want to confirm.

Never once has an opposition poster said this on our board, we have agreed with some confidence and then things have turned out well for us.

Fortius quo fidelius actually directly translates as “Expect the worst, hope for the best”.

PS cool avatar. Cactuar was one of my favourite battles in FF8 (which is one of my favourite games of all time).
Cheers, massive FF fan here too :)

All the best for tomorrow.

Sarcasm noted, cheers.

Anyway cool, then just so I know for next time, it's not okay to come to another team's board and have an opinion? Like me coming along and saying "oof, I expect to lose this one", is not allowed? Just want to confirm.
Have to speak to the mods on that one but I’d rather a north supporter come on here and say we are going to get smashed than a guy who supports a side that has won 3 of the last 4 flags and then whinge about selection. Pretty tough for a supporter whose side has won one flag in 148 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back