Preview Round 5, 2021: St.Kilda v Richmond - Marvel Stadium, Thursday 15th April, 7:20PM AEST *MADDIE'S MATCH* *CARLISLE 150TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 39 59.1%
  • Tigers

Votes: 27 40.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out:
Marshall
Bytel

In:
Ryder
Long

Maybe just me, but imho keeping Bytel on after that head clash and staying down for some time was not a good look and I would expect our medical team to receive a please explain notice from the AFL.

Players will never want to leave the ground, especially in that stage of the game, the medical team needs to protect the players from themselves.

Marshall will be sore and tired irrespective of his injury after his first game for a while and should sit this one out, especially if Ryder is ready to go.

So...since we all Lurve D-mac now...and Hill & Jones have pulled one out of the bag, and Ross still has some credits in the bank, who are we going to crap on? I can't do it to Coff...at least not yet. I used to have issues with Sincs, but the bastard has changed my mind after last year. Billings is also doing really well, and now that King is not a bust...I'm at a loss. What happens if they all start hitting their straps in the next couple of rounds!? This is a genuine first world conundrum. I should tweet about it...how does one tweet!? Is it even still a thing!? 🤔

But a full rupture is much more tolerable after the initial pain and swelling, correct?

So what we are hoping for is that Marshall recovers quickly.

no lasting effects, nowadays 100% recoverable to previous performance after swelling and pain subside, will need orthotics now though.
70% think saints will win 🤔
You had one great half of footy yesterday and now think you’ll easily beat the premiership favourites ... I wish you all the best
78% now, we're all back on board.

Just heard that when Marshall went into the rooms before half time his foot was giving him that much agony that they injected him and he jumped off one of the warm up steps repeatedly to fully snap it so he could go back out there after half time.

If that's true, the bloke is a f*n beast!!!
one of those injuries that are painful until the point of breaking it all way through, like a dislocated shoulder, still hurts, but way less once it's back in.

Coffield has been poor this year but as last year showed we need to stick with him.
Lonie should be dropped imo.
DMAC had a blinder let’s hope he continues it because he bad is very very bad.
I don’t think we’ll win, but bring the heat like we did in the 2nd half and then we’re in for a real good shot.

Just heard that when Marshall went into the rooms before half time his foot was giving him that much agony that they injected him and he jumped off one of the warm up steps repeatedly to fully snap it so he could go back out there after half time.

Yeah and he couldn't stand still on the mark so the umps stuck the knife in with a 50m penalty. Maybe he should've lay down across the mark?

Lonie shouldn't get dropped, he does a tonne of work. It will be his turn soon to kick a bag. He's tough and too clever.
And FWIW I thought he was fine to have that shot. King is standing there calling for it in a bad position (he could've gone for the goalsquare either for a cheapy over the top or to draw his man further away from Lonie). Bytel is next to Lonie, that means a non-preferred handball to Bytel, then Bytel either kicking on his non-preferred or taking time to straighten up, all while Lonie holds off one Eagle while the other Eagle runs up in front of Bytel to smother...
Or the player with ball in hand can just have a shot on his preferred directly in front.
People are quick to jump on Lonie, maybe for something he's done in the past which is harsh. This was his shot to take every time, the only mistake was he missed haha.

1618169561397.png

Maybe that was the match we needed to have against the eagles.....it still worrys me that we fell into a 6 goal deficit prior to the resurrection of the body of the saints. If we do that against the empire of the Tigers we will be crucified no matter what miracles we think we can perform. So hopefully we dont find a happy medium between manic and even pressure...I hope we are totally bipolar in the full spectrum of 'off the chart' manic pressure. We cage the beast that the tiges can be then we kill the beast!

So...since we all Lurve D-mac now...and Hill & Jones have pulled one out of the bag, and Ross still has some credits in the bank, who are we going to crap on? I can't do it to Coff...at least not yet. I used to have issues with Sincs, but the bastard has changed my mind after last year. Billings is also doing really well, and now that King is not a bust...I'm at a loss. What happens if they all start hitting their straps in the next couple of rounds!? This is a genuine first world conundrum. I should tweet about it...how does one tweet!? Is it even still a thing!? 🤔

Give it a week and that kind of thing tends to sort itself out.

Maybe that was the match we needed to have against the eagles.....it still worrys me that we fell into a 6 goal deficit prior to the resurrection of the body of the saints. If we do that against the empire of the Tigers we will be crucified no matter what miracles we think we can perform. So hopefully we dont find a happy medium between manic and even pressure...I hope we are totally bipolar in the full spectrum of 'off the chart' manic pressure. We cage the beast that the tiges can be then we kill the beast!

Random stat https://afltables.com/afl/seas/2009.html

Round 1 2009 we were down by 5 goals at quarter time. No sign of anything good coming from the year. We then slammed on 8 Goals straight over the next 2 quarters and go on to win the game and a few more after that.

Sounds familiar!

/not getting hopes up but kinda

Anyone know if Maddie’s Match merchandise is available in the club shop this week?

Also I wanted to get a ticket for my nephew for his birthday, my wife and I are taking him (Tigers fan but what the hell - hope it’s not a fun night for him).

We have 2 memberships with priority 1 access to tickets but I assume to get him one we will need to hold off until tickets are on general sale and get 3 then so they are together?

With our barcodes we can get a kids ticket added but he’s 9 so don’t want to risk getting knocked back as the kids ticket is for ages 2-5.
I'll have a cat 1 available if u want it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

actually think the richmond style will better suit coff's intercept work and his speed, so we need him to shake off the blues and step up. Could be his week.

i wonder if its true or it will be a myth that goes down in history.

actually think the richmond style will better suit coff's intercept work and his speed, so we need him to shake off the blues and step up. Could be his week.
In theory it should.

But it also doesn’t allow anything but clean ball use and one touch collecting the pill.

Coff is out of form and isn’t doing either the way we know he can.

I haven't watched Richmond this year other than round 1. Seems like they are out of form, but I assume they're expected to bounce back sooner or later. Still outright flag favourites with the bookies...

I haven't watched Richmond this year other than round 1. Seems like they are out of form, but I assume they're expected to bounce back sooner or later. Still outright flag favourites with the bookies...
They are slow starters that like to time their run for the back end of the year.

Here's hoping they don't decide to click this week!

Still very good against Port and 40k fans. That’s a tough trip.

Lonie shouldn't get dropped, he does a tonne of work. It will be his turn soon to kick a bag. He's tough and too clever.
And FWIW I thought he was fine to have that shot. King is standing there calling for it in a bad position (he could've gone for the goalsquare either for a cheapy over the top or to draw his man further away from Lonie). Bytel is next to Lonie, that means a non-preferred handball to Bytel, then Bytel either kicking on his non-preferred or taking time to straighten up, all while Lonie holds off one Eagle while the other Eagle runs up in front of Bytel to smother...
Or the player with ball in hand can just have a shot on his preferred directly in front.
People are quick to jump on Lonie, maybe for something he's done in the past which is harsh. This was his shot to take every time, the only mistake was he missed haha.

View attachment 1100329

That Hollywood behind his head handpass that went to no one annoyed me. He needs to stop doing s**t like that.

West Coast beat Port, Port beat Richmond, we beat West Coast.

Next two are in the bag.

That's how it works, right?
If only

Small criticism but Clark still needs to know when to do the simple things. Went for a one handed pick up when needed to just get the ball, cost us a goal in the third quarter.

Love him and love the silky stuff he does, but sometimes you just have to do the simple thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back