Autopsy Round 5, 2022: Hawks skin the Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Been tossing up whether or not to post after the game. The last 2 weeks have been tough in terms of some personal issues I've been going through. My mental health has been up and down over the last 10 or so years and I fell to what would probably be one of the lowest points over that time. An event occurred and I just spiralled down.

My old man ended up coaxing me into using my membership for the first time this year. I was so certain I wouldn't attend as I just did not want to be in the public.

It's strange but I honestly don't have much more to say. The fight, courage and determination that this young group displayed was just astonishing to me. I was so sure they would roll over us after getting 2 goals up.

The final siren went and I just burst into tears for a good 2 or 3 minutes. I think it was just a build up of everything that had happened (personally) and the emotion of getting over the line when I didn't expect them too.

Looking back it was an amazing moment. I could not be more thankful for the performance they put out.

Thank you Hawthorn and thank you to my old man who convinced me into attending :relaxed:
Good share.

Get yourself to as many games as possible this year. We won't win every week but the spirit of the group of terrific.

Just watch the first 10 seconds of the game again.

Reeves Newk Reeves Ward McDonald Lewis.

Inspiring stuff.

Bit late this week, and had a few copyright issues. Enjoy!

The DribbleM commentary was different. Or are you trying to work Leigh Montagna into a Hawks TV style edit 😜

Appreciate the effort you go to in doing these every week. Thank you

The DribbleM commentary was different. Or are you trying to work Leigh Montagna into a Hawks TV style edit 😜

Appreciate the effort you go to in doing these every week. Thank you
Had to use a different commentary team due to the video being copyrighted on YouTube.

It was a tossup between Triple M and SEN, but Triple M get the crowd noise as well which sounds a bit more natural. Oh, and yes we can forget our favourite media man Leigh Montagna 😂

It was a tossup between Triple M and SEN, but Triple M get the crowd noise as well which sounds a bit more natural. Oh, and yes we can forget our favourite media man Leigh Montagna 😂
Where can one get the SEN commentary?

Gee Nathan Brown is hard to listen to.
Great video otherwise 👌

Been tossing up whether or not to post after the game. The last 2 weeks have been tough in terms of some personal issues I've been going through. My mental health has been up and down over the last 10 or so years and I fell to what would probably be one of the lowest points over that time. An event occurred and I just spiralled down.

My old man ended up coaxing me into using my membership for the first time this year. I was so certain I wouldn't attend as I just did not want to be in the public.

It's strange but I honestly don't have much more to say. The fight, courage and determination that this young group displayed was just astonishing to me. I was so sure they would roll over us after getting 2 goals up.

The final siren went and I just burst into tears for a good 2 or 3 minutes. I think it was just a build up of everything that had happened (personally) and the emotion of getting over the line when I didn't expect them too.

Looking back it was an amazing moment. I could not be more thankful for the performance they put out.

Thank you Hawthorn and thank you to my old man who convinced me into attending :relaxed:

Reckon there's quite a few Hawthorn supporters whose tough personal roads have been lifted by the Club these last 50 years. VEry happy they turned it on for you on the weekend.:triumph:🙌

Don't be hesitant to reach out on here as well with your story, plenty of good hawk people have got your back.

Good share.

Get yourself to as many games as possible this year. We won't win every week but the spirit of the group of terrific.

Just watch the first 10 seconds of the game again.

Reeves Newk Reeves Ward McDonald Lewis.

Inspiring stuff.
The Ward thing in particular, he just slapped it out of his opponents hands into his own. Thank you very much.

Had to use a different commentary team due to the video being copyrighted on YouTube.

I have posted a few videos with now sound and YouTube still flags a copyright issue to me. Is that normal?

All the best mate, thanks for posting this, and good luck with the journey ahead.

I reckon that is the best game i have been to since the 2015 GF. The win for me was unexpected and I still cant stop watching the highlights without punching the air. Thanks again Hawthorn23.

My favorite goal is the Worpel evades a couple of tacklers and lays it off to Newcombe who delivers the 20 meter handball then the knock on to Bruest who stiff arms and cops the tackle etc etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone notice Hawkins marked the ball with 45 seconds to go in the first half, the umpire lets him play the entire 45 seconds and at no time calls him to play on, and the ball goes through as the siren goes. Ben Brown stuff.

Did anyone notice Hawkins marked the ball with 45 seconds to go in the first half, the umpire lets him play the entire 45 seconds and at no time calls him to play on, and the ball goes through as the siren goes. Ben Brown stuff.
From memory he started walking in with a couple of seconds left on the screen. They may have started it late though which caused the issue there

You are a good poster on here mate- appreciate your input and I hope things start looking upward

I love a lot of what Sam says, but that was a line for the media. Of course players make more mistakes than the umpires, they make significantly more decisions which means there's significantly more opportunity to make mistakes.

At least when the NBA passed down more strict guidelines on conduct towards referees they also introduced the ability for teams to challenge fouls. I'd loathe to add a stop in play like that to the AFL but it's far more fair.
It’s just not practical to challenge a foul like they do in the NBA.

You’ve got to call a time out first, and it has to be in the last 2 minutes of the game and it applies to a small number of rulings - e.g. out of bounds but not goal tending.

You can’t challenge fouls by one player on another - as I understand it.

Regardless, I’d hate to see time-outs creep in to our game.

He gets kissed you know where every week.

Surely Geelong will dump Chris Scott at the end of the year?

He was gifted Bomber’s* premiership team and the last remaining of them are now getting to the end.

Surely even Cat supporter’s can see that he’s taken a ‘good side’ nowhere.

From memory he started walking in with a couple of seconds left on the screen. They may have started it late though which caused the issue there
45 seconds from when he took the mark (he has 30) he kicked the ball at no time did the umpire call play on. He blew his whistle at 31 seconds, but never actually called play on. Had he called play on the man on the mark would have charged him forcing him to run around him, chewing up seconds and the goal may not have counted. But he was allowed to take 44 seconds...

He was gifted Bomber’s* premiership team and the last remaining of them are now getting to the end.

Matthew Scarlett basically coached the team in 2011.

Wouldn't surprise me

They've been "close" to extending his deal since late last season. They're either waiting to see how this year pans out, or both sides already know it not happening but don't want to upset the supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back