Preview Round 5, 2022: Hawks v Cats, Easter Monday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good changes. Worpel has been poor since round 1 (outside 1 okay game) and howe has struggled with moving ball along. Effectively swapping worpel and howe for shiels and Phillips which is shuffling around senior players.

Not really expecting Kosi to ruck. Just needs to get on his bike and providing a target up the ground and if we kick down the line he needs to crash the pack.

Reckon Finn is sub again as he’s doing well in the role and no BH game (and arguably did more in a half than Ward/mcd did in full game vs saints).

These coming three weeks will tell us a LOT about our future. It's exciting and terrifying all at once as we face off against 3 finished articles, not clubs in development or coming of age, but 3 genuine top 4 contenders.
If we, as a team stand up to the heat for all 12 quarters and don't capitulate and get totally smashed the results can go either way and I'd be satisfied.
Would love to pinch a win or two but last weeks reality check shows we're still a year or two off I think.

However, it's a great dress rehearsal for a future finals campaign. and I hope that's how the lads will come out and play...Elimination (by that I mean MUST WIN!) Hahaha, Prelim and Grand final against the reigning premiers.

Yeah...so that's my little fantasy world for the next 3 weeks. LOL!

Sydney might be top 4 but I don't think they're the finished article, I still think they have a fair bit more room to grow.

Facebook should come with the below warning.

Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial affairs. People with narcissistic personality disorder may be generally unhappy and disappointed when they're not given the special favors or admiration they believe they deserve. They may find their relationships unfulfilling, and others may not enjoy being around them.

People with narcissistic personality disorder may not want to think that anything could be wrong, so they may be unlikely to seek treatment. If they do seek treatment, it's more likely to be for symptoms of depression, drug or alcohol use, or another mental health problem. But perceived insults to self-esteem may make it difficult to accept and follow through with treatment.

If you recognize aspects of your personality that are common to narcissistic personality disorder or you're feeling overwhelmed by sadness, consider reaching out to a trusted doctor or mental health provider. Getting the right treatment can help make your life more rewarding and enjoyable.
Jeeze, it's a simple way of keeping in touch with family.

Last edited:
I would ah r though Lynch would be playing if fit. I reckon it’s more likely Reeves for Jeka. Unless we go in super small.
Reeves was sore last week. I think u mean kosi not jeka right?

Edit: We r in the reeves thread

Last edited:
Anyone get down to the open training today?
Would love to hear of how the session went/which of the 1-3 year players who aren't in the side are looking good!

Facebook should come with the below warning.

Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial affairs. People with narcissistic personality disorder may be generally unhappy and disappointed when they're not given the special favors or admiration they believe they deserve. They may find their relationships unfulfilling, and others may not enjoy being around them.

People with narcissistic personality disorder may not want to think that anything could be wrong, so they may be unlikely to seek treatment. If they do seek treatment, it's more likely to be for symptoms of depression, drug or alcohol use, or another mental health problem. But perceived insults to self-esteem may make it difficult to accept and follow through with treatment.

If you recognize aspects of your personality that are common to narcissistic personality disorder or you're feeling overwhelmed by sadness, consider reaching out to a trusted doctor or mental health provider. Getting the right treatment can help make your life more rewarding and enjoyable.
It was a little obnoxious when the worst of it was pics of everyone's most recent meal.

Facebook has since introduced a kind of Moore's law for the proliferation and influence of Russian trolls, conspiracy theoriests and liars everywhere.

Genie out of the bottle on that front.

A bit like Selwood weaponsing frees for a high tackle.
Just a thought on conspiracies. Did anyone see all the dead Iraqi bodies on TV? I know I didn't. Men, women children. But I guess they're just disposable Arabs. I fact check everything...Oh, and the dead have exceeded 800,000. And Bush jnr joked opening his desk drawers looking for weapons of mass destruction. Think about this... He actually joked about it.

Last edited:
Long and Finn just aren't performing well enough yet. Finn has been given chances and Long doesn't get his hands on the ball enough at a VFL level. Eventually maybe, but 70 point losses aren't instructive and including 2 inexperienced midfielders makes that scenario far more likely.
While not performing great I felt Finn held up really well defensively. And when we wasn’t there it all fell apart against the saints with easy goals out the back.

I think it will be interesting to see how it goes again without him.

Long isn’t a high possession winner but his defensive pressure from what I’ve seen is absolutely top notch. Given our struggles in that area I definitely feel he’d perform admirably.

70 points losses make it hard for learning, I agree. I just don’t think Shiels and Phillips are good enough to have any big say on the result.

Wow, we might end up getting incredible value from Rookie picks, picks in mid-season draft, pick 70s, etc.

I reckon we're on our way back... not necessarily this year but next year? Who knows. I hope we get a free agent too.

While not performing great I felt Finn held up really well defensively. And when we wasn’t there it all fell apart against the saints with easy goals out the back.

Long isn’t a high possession winner but his defensive pressure from what I’ve seen is absolutely top notch. Given our struggles in that area I definitely feel he’d perform admirably.

70 points losses make it hard for learning, I agree. I just don’t think Shiels and Phillips are good enough to have any big say on the result.
Agree regarding Long. But I reckon you learn a lot from such losses. I include my ex wife in the learn and losses column.

I know he hasn’t been in good form but dropping Worpel against a team with the best midfield in the comp when it’s gonna be a highly contested game was quite surprising. Hopefully your other mids step up. You guys pushed Geelong all the way last year and are a much better team now than you were 12 months ago. If you get off to a good start I reckon you have a chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow! Facebook is where the human brain goes to die.

View attachment 1375462
Interestingly, we are picking Nash because we seem to have found the one position (bash and crash mid) he can play at close to AFL standard.

When Worpel played that same position he won a club B&F. We are playing him HF and on the outside now to accomodate the likes of Nash and Mitchell who have no other strings to their bow. At this stage neither does Worpel but he is the one paying for it with his spot while the other two get to play the only position they can.

I know he hasn’t been in good form but dropping Worpel against a team with the best midfield in the comp when it’s gonna be a highly contested game was quite surprising.
Possibly surprising, but a lot of us like the messaging.

Long's footy brain is a massive asset. Taps on to players in the clear that don't count as a stat, he adds a lot more than his stat sheet exhibits.

Interestingly, we are picking Nash because we seem to have found the one position (bash and crash mid) he can play at close to AFL standard.

When Worpel played that same position he won a club B&F. We are playing him HF and on the outside now to accomodate the likes of Nash and Mitchell who have no other strings to their bow. At this stage neither does Worpel but he is the one paying for it with his spot while the other two get to play the only position they can.
Mitchell has spent plenty of time on the flanks & Nash has spent part of the last fortnight in the Ruck.

Worpel has been dropped because his performances have been terrible, especially last week against Saints.

have I seen you on facebook?

I think we need to stop making excuses for worpel. All of the excuses pointing to other players in the team. Nash jom mitchell etc. I mean jordan lewis was gun inside mid but adapted to playing outside and even a tagging half forward flanker. You need to be able to adapt in any job in any industry. AFL is not different you are given a role to play. If you cant do it. They will find some one else that will. This is where we r now and its not just worpel everyone will have the same pressure

I know he hasn’t been in good form but dropping Worpel against a team with the best midfield in the comp when it’s gonna be a highly contested game was quite surprising. Hopefully your other mids step up. You guys pushed Geelong all the way last year and are a much better team now than you were 12 months ago. If you get off to a good start I reckon you have a chance

Plenty would dispute cats best midfield in it

Because I see Jeka as our FF of the future and I doubt Kosi can play as the third tall which I see Serong as. Way too early to tell still so any of Kosi, Jeka, Callow or Serong could partner Lewis. All 4 need to play at times this season.
Jeka has a had a few chances last and looked absolutely lost although they were big losing games each time if I recall, so a bit of bad luck there. Kosi is a fair way ahead of him imo

So who plays on Porkins? We have no real big bodies to compete and Hartigan could have been a possibility. We could be badly exploited in this area. DGB is far too light, Hardwick too short. Perhaps Sicily but we need his run and carry.

So who plays on Porkins? We have no real big bodies to compete and Hartigan could have been a possibility. We could be badly exploited in this area. DGB is far too light, Hardwick too short. Perhaps Sicily but we need his run and carry.

Frost probably goes to hawkins as the deep fb and sicily on cameron at chb it's not ideal but we don't really have much choice.

Sicily is a far better matchup for porkins and is the one I expect. He is the best body on body defender we have and that's porkins' 1 wood. Frost is a great match up for Cameron but a horrible matchup against Hawkins.

Sicily has played him 1v1 at times in the past and done quite well.

Sicily is a far better matchup for porkins and is the one I expect. He is the best body on body defender we have and that's porkins' 1 wood. Frost is a great match up for Cameron but a horrible matchup against Hawkins.

Sicily has played him 1v1 at times in the past and done quite well.
(IMO) Anyone playing body on body v Hawkins will lose & that's before the whistles start.

Sicily could sit off him & hope to intercept, then run off him when we have the ball & Frost could hope to play a step behind & beat him on the lead. As always, we'll need a big defensive effort from the midfield to really counter his impact.

I agree that Frost can beat Cameron, convincingly - but it worries me that Cameron will then cheat forward & kick 3 unearned goals from the Goal Square in 10 mins & finish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back