Preview Round 5, 2022: Hawks v Cats, Easter Monday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
(IMO) Anyone playing body on body v Hawkins will lose & that's before the whistles start.

Sicily could sit off him & hope to intercept, then run off him when we have the ball & Frost could hope to play a step behind & beat him on the lead. As always, we'll need a big defensive effort from the midfield to really counter his impact.

I agree that Frost can beat Cameron, convincingly - but it worries me that Cameron will then cheat forward & kick 3 unearned goals from the Goal Square in 10 mins & finish it.
You are right. Team defense the key. Midfield sufficient pressure allows numbers back and then CJ third up all day. That's the key.

Hawks by 78

That is true. Truth be told any of Kosi, Jeka, Callow and Serong can partner him in the future. It's not very often you get 5 talented young key-tall forwards on your list.
This is what I felt towards the end of last year (Lewis - CHF) and we need a stay home type FF (which we never had after Dunstall probably). Yes the game style has changed a lot now but nothing is more frustrating than to watch we get the ball at HB and there is no one beyond center to kick - all defending.
Hope one of these kids be that FF and Lewis stay HF and do a Brereton.

So who plays on Porkins? We have no real big bodies to compete and Hartigan could have been a possibility.
It doesn't matter, the ball will be in our forward line for most of the game.

Jeka has a had a few chances last and looked absolutely lost although they were big losing games each time if I recall, so a bit of bad luck there. Kosi is a fair way ahead of him imo
Yeah but 2 of the games he's played we were playing with 4 key forwards. Against Freo he kicked 2 in the first half and then in the second I swear the ball didn't go in our forward 50 once. Against Melbourne he played as the third tall and despite not kicking any goals I thought he did decent. He hasn't really been given the chance yet to showcase his talents. Yes Kosi is ahead of him but I feel he's more talented and skilful than him. I would like to see a game this year where we maybe give Gunston a rest and play Lewis, Kosi and Jeka. Also we need to see Callow and Serong at AFL level to see how good they are.

Interestingly, we are picking Nash because we seem to have found the one position (bash and crash mid) he can play at close to AFL standard.

When Worpel played that same position he won a club B&F. We are playing him HF and on the outside now to accomodate the likes of Nash and Mitchell who have no other strings to their bow. At this stage neither does Worpel but he is the one paying for it with his spot while the other two get to play the only position they can.
Titch hasn't been consistently our no1 or close this year in terms of CBA%, it's been Jaeger and Duke.

Duke has a 2nd string as a forward and can do it well, Jaeger doesn't.

Titch can play fwd and pretty well (early in his career + hff)

Worpel cant impact consistently forward and lack of confidence in the middle aswell when he had a chance there. Had 12 CBAs for 5 touches..

Reeves was sore last week. I think u mean kosi not jeka right?

Edit: We r in the reeves thread

Nah, Kozi is already in. I think lynch would have been in the original in’s if he was likely to play. If Reeves goes out sore (as alluded to above), I reckon Jeka gets added.

Last edited:
Is Callow a chance?

Was he even on the emergency list?

Good question. I just checked, and he’s not. Funnily enough, Lynch is, so looks like I’m completely off track! Looks like we’re deliberately going with a very small side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, Kozi is already in. I think lynch would have been in the original in’s if he was likely to play. If Reeves goes out sore (as alluded to above), I reckon Jeka gets added.

Good question. I just checked, and he’s not. Funnily enough, Lynch is, so looks like I’m completely off track! Looks like we’re deliberately going with a very small side.
Yep Jeka isnt an emergency mate lynch is

Yep Jeka isnt an emergency mate lynch is

Out of interest, what’s the deterrent for bringing someone not in the emergencies in? It’s not possible? It’s a fine? Something else?

I recall us doing it a few years back, but can’t remember what happened.

Out of interest, what’s the deterrent for bringing someone not in the emergencies in? It’s not possible? It’s a fine? Something else?

I recall us doing it a few years back, but can’t remember what happened.
You get a fine

It doesn't matter, the ball will be in our forward line for most of the game.
Agreed. It also doesn't matter because Scrimshaw, Jiath, Sicily and DGB will intercept it before it gets to Porkins and Fisherman when the ball goes down their end. What happened last week was a one off.

I think you're right Hawker.
What I'm enjoying is the progress of Long, Butler, Duke, Ward, CMac, Nash, DGB, etc.

I honestly feel Kozi may very well make it as Full Back. From our Website :

Jacob Koschitzke continued to hone his craft as a key position player in his second year in the AFL system in 2020. Standing at 196cm and 94kg, Koschitzke possesses the athletic attributes to thrive at senior level. Throughout Koschitzke’s performances in the club’s various scrimmage matches in 2020, the defender showed a strong ability to do the one-percenters for his side. He'll be hoping for a breakout year in 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back