Prediction Round 5, 2023: Changes vs Geelong (Gather Round)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xon and Petrucelle get a chance again. Hough and Culley stay in the squad.

Side looks about right - could be a case for some fiddling around the edges like Trew over O’Neill based on form

Players available but not selected in the 22 :

Hewett
Winder
Trew
Foley
Barnett
Bazzo
West
H Edwards
Dewar
Burgiel

One to be sub and one to be travelling emergency, the other 8 to be playing WAFL meaning the Beagles will be a touch on the undermanned side again

Good changes. This is the team I hoped for after seeing the squad last night. Petch and Rotham add some balance after the bizarre overabundance of mids last week. Glad to see Culley, Hough, Long, Ginbey, LEdwards get some more exposure.

Shame Hewett is out, but hopefully he gets to play as the main man for the Beagles and can work on building his tank.

I like the team. Petruccelle gives a better offensive balance than West playing forward, as much as I like West. Culley gets a run, Hewitt I think as much as I like playing yoof could do with a run in the WAFL and have to a) get a bit of dominant patches of games going there and subsequently b) earn his spot in the side - not saying he's unmotivated but I just get the sense that might be better for him than say a Ginbey type personality. Definitely like him a lot, just reckon it might be good to get confidence up and some real rhythm going in his game.

O'Neill I'm feeling mixed on, you'd think the times he gets picked this year there's a bit of sense he's playing for his career - needs to hold his own against Geelong's 5th string mid at least.

Hopefully Clark gets some minutes on-ball, rotate him off the wings with Edwards and Gaff rather than Gaff in there all game. None are natural forwards anyway so I'm even happy for Gaff to start forward and then just run around and do what he's been doing lately position be damned. Extra numbers just outside the contest, clog Geelong's game a bit and mark up Smith and the like.

Cameron is too mobile for Edwards so actually don't mind Rotham on him. Won't matter if Rotham isn't hugely offensive as I reckon he'll do well just to be 50cm from Cameron at all times

Side looks about right - could be a case for some fiddling around the edges like Trew over O’Neill based on form

Hewett
Winder
Trew
Foley
Barnett
Bazzo
West
H Edwards
Dewar
Burgiel

One to be sub and one to be travelling emergency, the other 8 to be playing WAFL meaning the Beagles will be a touch on the undermanned side again
Xon must know he needs to get going when he gets a chance Trew will get another chance soon you would think if Xon doesn't take his chance.

Edwards doesn’t have the strength to match Hawkins or the speed/endurance to go with Cameron

It’s not really a criticism because there’s not many defenders capable of either challenge

But he’d better getting time in the WAFL after missing a few games. Likely we’ll need him against Port to play on Dixon or Marshall

Hewett
Winder
Trew
Foley
Barnett
Bazzo
West
H Edwards
Dewar
Burgiel

West is in Adelaide according to the videos on the Eagles Twitter.

Hewett
Winder
Trew
Foley
Barnett
Bazzo
West
H Edwards
Dewar
Burgiel

Nice to hear Schoey having the same approach as me with Cameron - bash him!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think HEdwards shifts that dial at all. Rotham is at least experienced.
Hawkins is a big immovable object but not super quick on a lead. Edwards would have been perfect for him.

Instead, we will need TB on him as no-one else is big enough. That leaves an unfit Yeo or Rotham to try and contain Cameron(the most inform forward in the league).

This could get ugly.

Hawkins is a big immovable object but not super quick on a lead. Edwards would have been perfect for him.

Instead, we will need TB on him as no-one else is big enough. That leaves an unfit Yeo or Rotham to try and contain Cameron(the most inform forward in the league).

This could get ugly.
HEdwards I don't think has the strength and nous for Hawkins just yet. I am sure he came up in match committee but went with Rotham's experience. Looking after Harry too he hasn't had a win for the last 19 games.

I like Xon but with his 5th year on the list he really needs to be dominating WAFL. He was decent after a very quiet first half. Not sure he deserved that call up

I like Xon but with his 5th year on the list he really needs to be dominating WAFL. He was decent after a very quiet first half. Not sure he deserved that call up

I agree, but the cupboard is fairly threadbare at the moment. He’s playing for his career. Got another chance so let’s see. I think Trew will get a similar opportunity plus Winder and Foley (not that they are midfielders per se but I think all will be given a chance to prove their “worth” before the season is out).

I agree, but the cupboard is fairly threadbare at the moment. He’s playing for his career. Got another chance so let’s see. I think Trew will get a similar opportunity plus Winder and Foley (not that they are midfielders per se but I think all will be given a chance to prove their “worth” before the season is out).
Xon being has a bit of an outside game being balanced and can see why they went with him over Trew. Not sure we sub trew tbh cause he does feel inside mid of not. I reckon they’ll go West as sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back