Prediction Round 5, 2023: Changes vs Geelong (Gather Round)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 years ago when I saw Rotham dominating at WAFL level as a Key Back I thought by now he’d be a nice 3rd tall that could play on the agile key talls like cameron( just like shep did). He’s regressed over the last two seasons but in his 7th it’s really a boom or bust year for him. I hope he can play tall but my guy feeling is that if he does make it it’s probably as more of a rebounding back flanker

Last chance saloon for XON
Needs to have a game like his outing against the Pies last year rather than his 8 possession effort from 81% TOG against Norf in Round 1 this year.

In fact anything less than 20 disposals and it’s card marked kind of stuff for mine.

sigh

pies and saints supporters whingeing on there board because we play first on the sunday
Collingwood fans are always up in arms complaining about something, rich they say that about anybody else. And I’m sure the. 4 saints fans in existence must be quite angry too

Why are they playing all these games in Adelaide between non - SA teams? What is the rationale behind that? And why would the teams giving up home games agree to this? Did the SA government throw a load of money at the AFL in the tourism budget or something? And how will they sell tickets. Even Port can't sell out AO. Always loads of empty seats there for their games. So how will they sell tickets for non - SA games? They must be giving away loads or tickets or selling them for peanuts.
I know, it's so unfair on the Australian public to spring it like that.
They told us that live overseas ages ago...so unfair!!

4 years ago when I saw Rotham dominating at WAFL level as a Key Back I thought by now he’d be a nice 3rd tall that could play on the agile key talls like cameron( just like shep did). He’s regressed over the last two seasons but in his 7th it’s really a boom or bust year for him. I hope he can play tall but my guy feeling is that if he does make it it’s probably as more of a rebounding back flanker

Has Roth slipped the last two years? Reckon last season was a stinker, and there was some chatter about him leaving. Don't recall 2021 being a bad one for him.

This is the game plan for him to shine. Needs to stay fit and let his strengths shine. Kinda surprised he's not up on the wing by now.

Has Roth slipped the last two years? Reckon last season was a stinker, and there was some chatter about him leaving. Don't recall 2021 being a bad one for him.

This is the game plan for him to shine. Needs to stay fit and let his strengths shine. Kinda surprised he's not up on the wing by now.

He also need to have the balls to take the game on. All we've really seen of him so far this yeat was the preseason games and he wasn't taking the risks, just kicking backwards. Needs to grasp this opportunity with both hands and really move it fast.

He started well in 2021 and then last half was s**t

He also need to have the balls to take the game on. All we've really seen of him so far this yeat was the preseason games and he wasn't taking the risks, just kicking backwards. Needs to grasp this opportunity with both hands and really move it fast.
...and effectively.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O’Neill said during the week he’d put his hand up to play as a forward if there was a spot there in the senior team, he’s replacing West who played forward so maybe the MC have taken him up on it and thrown down the challenge.

I’m happy with our selections and the ins and outs. Even Petch is okay, because his pace will suit the new game plan. Would have preferred EH to XON because he’s got more pace, we’re gonna get clobbered anyway, and EH has more potential and long term upside than XON. Too late now, but playing EH in the backline would have guaranteed he’d see plenty of the ball…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can someone explain to me what the "Gather Round" signifies? What is the objective?

Not sure about any deeper significance, but this is from the AFL.com.au Gather Round section: “Nine games across three venues over four days in one state, Gather Round … A Festival of Footy will be a never-seen-before celebration of our great game. Adelaide is primed to become the vibrant centre of the footy universe, with blockbuster matches, the Pepsi Max Footy Festival, player appearances, live music, street parties, competitions, and much more. Everything you need to know about Gather Round is right here.”

Can someone explain to me what the "Gather Round" signifies? What is the objective?

It's a shameless rip of the NRL "Magic Round" (where all matches occur in Brisbane), which itself is a shameless rip from English rugby playing games in Cardiff a decade ago. All tin-rattling exercises to add "novelty" to a group of fixtures that traditionally don't draw very well.

It also provides a tokenistic way for Gil to placate concerns that he has done very little for his home state during his tenure as competition CEO.

A nice PR stunt and some additional cash for political/business mates will help him now to secure his next overpaid corporate role.

His 2021 season did include this gem however.

View attachment R19-Q3-1537_RothamBounce_0.mp4

Well the first part is. And that was my point.

Do you reckon it WILL generate more revenue, though? Smaller total crowds, I would have thought, and I think there’s no direct telecast of the games (although I could be wrong on this). My hunch is that the SA Govt Is paying big money to host the “Festival” and promote its State. It lost the GP to Melbourne and has been resentful about that ever since. If it was only revenue they wanted, wouldn’t Melbourne have been a better option (way more people, better tourist facilities, etc)? Not sure…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back