Prediction Round 5, 2023: Changes vs Geelong (Gather Round)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you reckon it WILL generate more revenue, though? Smaller total crowds, I would have thought, and I think there’s no direct telecast of the games (although I could be wrong on this). My hunch is that the SA Govt Is paying big money to host the “Festival” and promote its State. It lost the GP to Melbourne and has been resentful about that ever since. If it was only revenue they wanted, wouldn’t Melbourne have been a better option (way more people, better tourist facilities, etc)? Not sure…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s an extra round tacked onto the season and the SA state government is chipping in as well. Of course it will generate more revenue.

Plus each club is getting an additional $750k towards the soft cap. It’s a win.

Do you reckon it WILL generate more revenue, though? Smaller total crowds, I would have thought, and I think there’s no direct telecast of the games (although I could be wrong on this). My hunch is that the SA Govt Is paying big money to host the “Festival” and promote its State. It lost the GP to Melbourne and has been resentful about that ever since. If it was only revenue they wanted, wouldn’t Melbourne have been a better option (way more people, better tourist facilities, etc)? Not sure…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's Gather Round in Melbourne every weekend mate.

Can someone explain to me what the "Gather Round" signifies? What is the objective?
Considering I don’t have to treck down to f**king Kardinia this year I’m on board with it. Decent turnout at training today

It's literally an extra round of games bolted into the season, topped up as you mention by the SA Gov paying to be the host. It will definitely make the league money.

So the sub will be between Foley and West.
Wouldn't mind seeing Foley get a run.
Pissed that it wasn't Hewett instead.
I hope Simmo is happy with his decision to drop him for more game time in the WAFL lol...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the sub will be between Foley and West.
Wouldn't mind seeing Foley get a run.
Pissed that it wasn't Hewett instead.
I hope Simmo is happy with his decision to drop him for more game time in the WAFL lol...
So you are happy our first round draft pick is injured to stick it up Simmo because the MC decided to play him down a level?
s**t hot take 👍

So you are happy our first round draft pick is injured to stick it up Simmo because the MC decided to play him down a level?
s**t hot take 👍
No I'm not happy, I'm pissed that he's injured in a game he could not have needed to play in.
I wanted him to be back in the AFL ASAP. I just wish that he wasn't dropped by Simmo, he could've just been a sub.
Dunno how you came to that conclusion lol.
tha GIF

Last edited:
No I'm not happy, I'm pissed that he's injured in a game he could not have needed to play in.
I wanted him to be back in the AFL ASAP. I just wish that he wasn't dropped by Simmo, he could've just been a sub.
tha GIF
Well the LOL after saying you hope he is happy is a good indicator that you are pleased that a decision made by the MATCH COMMITTEE has blown up in Simmos face.
The MC made a decision they thought was best for the team and Hewitt and you seem to revel in the fact he has been injured in the WAFL as if that was an entirely predictable outcome and they should have known better.

WTF indeed.

Geeez anything but a spirited performance against the cats and the media wolves will be coming , specially after the dockers took the heat off themselves by winning

Well the LOL after saying you hope he is happy is a good indicator that you are pleased that a decision made by the MATCH COMMITTEE has blown up in Simmos face.
The MC made a decision they thought was best for the team and Hewitt and you seem to revel in the fact he has been injured in the WAFL as if that was an entirely predictable outcome and they should have known better.

WTF indeed.

In some sense tho what’s the point of sending sending him back to wafl where they knew it was gonna most likely be a bloodbath not much to learn when u get battered by 160points

WTF indeed.
Again I'm not pleased Hewett got injured. I DID NOT want him to get injured. AT ALL.
I think that he will be a gun.
The lol meant I was jokingly blaming Simmo for the injury because he dropped him.
But fine, you can go ahead and continue misconstruing what people say if that's your thing. :thumbsupv1:

Last edited:
tha GIF

Based on his stats I hope it was very early. Calm down Karen’s he isn’t AFL ready . I hope he makes it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Based on his stats I hope it was very early. Calm down Karen’s he isn’t AFL ready . I hope he makes it

Was in the first minute

Yep it was very early on in the first quarter. Never even had a chance to prove himself yet.
Was hopeful he would have some good performances and stake a claim for a recall in a few weeks.
Unfortunately this will interrupt his development. :sadv1:

In some sense tho what’s the point of sending sending him back to wafl where they knew it was gonna most likely be a bloodbath not much to learn when u get battered by 160points
Have you had a look at who our AFL team is playing this week?
The debate weather he should play or not is fine, there is a reasonable argument for both. LOLing and blaming Simmo for an unforeseeable injury, not so much.

Have you had a look at who our AFL team is playing this week?
The debate weather he should play or not is fine, there is a reasonable argument for both. LOLing and blaming Simmo for an unforeseeable injury, not so much.

Where in my post did I lol and blame simmo? You also said debating whether(correct spelling) he should of, or should have not played is fine?? Which is what I was doing in my post😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back