Game Day Round 5, 2023: Giants v Hawks, Norwood oval, 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dang! Bookies (or the punters) have shortened the odds on the Hawks. This morning (UK time) they were @ $4.40; Now, $2.85. Should have put the wager on this morning!

I'll be virtually at the game ;-)

Wish the lads the best; and hope the fellas coming in take the opportunity by the collar and prove hard to send back to Box Hill

Anyone attending the game.....
I am taking my eldest 2 girls to their first Hawks game tomorrow. Looking forward to the suburban ground atmosphere - up close and personal.

anyone coming from interstate to see the game
Yes mate, first live Hawks game since the covid games at Adelaide oval. Looking forward to it too.

Would love to get a win. 🤞

I am taking my eldest 2 girls to their first Hawks game tomorrow. Looking forward to the suburban ground atmosphere - up close and personal.

Wish I could, but you’ll have to do the cheering for us 🙏

Day an obvious big out .

Can we improve on last weeks first half for a bit longer ? If we can we are in the game .
Excited to see what Seamus , Long and DGB bring today .

Seamus is a jet so hopefully brings that confidence in today at AFL level.
Looking to see how Longs improvement translates to AFL. Might be a 'bolter' for our mid rotation long term
DGB looks confident , Im happy with his progress as young KB today might be another step forward for him .

Newk on ball full time might give us a bit more drive for longer .

Hawks by 8 🙂

Surprised a few around here don’t rate our chances. Let’s review for a second…we’ve lost to last years two grand finalist and the bombers who are (unfortunately) clearly up and about. And we won fairly comfortably against the Roos.

Does that mean we’ll win? Maybe not. But the giants aren’t exactly up and about.

Hawks by 22.

I am going. Taking the family much to their disgust. Don't have girls ladies and gentleman :'( Really looking forward to a packed Parade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd feel more confident at the G where we should be playing. This thin ground with weak key position depth... hard to feel confident with clear gaps in our structure without the room to move it around like we did in Tassie. Hopefully we can be competitive and make a game of it.

I think given where both sides are at, which team brings their best/most intense for longest is probably the key differentiator. As boringly benign as that sounds.

Super excited to see Ned Long back in. Seemed during preseason he was showing a burning desire to "make it".
Very happy that all the hard work has given the wee baby Seamus his opportunity and I'm hopeful of saying "Meep! Meep!" more than a few times from the couch today.
And really interested to see 3rd year Denver. I hope he goes well.

Is it 3 o'clock yet?

Sorry if this is a silly question because I have been away for a few days but is Brockman playing?

I thought he was dropped but looking at the Hawks social media he is with the team.
What? He was literally named in the team on Thursday. He also wasn't listed with the outs and was never dropped. Not even mentioned in the outs at any point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back