Game Day Round 5, 2023 : West Coast Eagles v Geelong BODEs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allen doing extremely well considering he's just taken up the spot at full forward after missing a full year. What a star.
I sometimes call him The Big O and it's because his first name begins with an upper-case letter O and not for other reasons just in case anyone was wondering what I sometimes call him and why

Need to address what went wrong from late in the first to midway through the second - coughed up 11 goals in about 25 minutes of football

Outside of that there’s some positives although we still wasted good scoring opportunities and conceded goals way too easily

Credit to them for fighting back when a 100 point drubbing was well and truly in the frame. Too many players putting in for a quarter or a half though and not the full game

Onto next week

We should take that - we held up. Defence in the second qtr was non existent but a decent second half with some tough kids

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
we just have to get bigger physical wise

thought when yeo went in the middle for a period there in the third quarter we dominated

young fellas need to put on a bit of bulk..it will come in time

happy for waterman allen and JD thought they stood up in the forward line

KPIs are all good actually, better than Geelong's. We won contested possessions, clearances even, as was the hit-outs.
Our inability to stop momentum has been a serious worry. Once teams get a run on us they tend to bank multiple goals in quick succession. Been a worry for a while now

He bulked up for last season and showed a lot more intensity than he ever had. He would've been in a handful of players who really improved imo - unfortunately that improvement has not lasted.
Sadly I have to agree. I thought he looked OK when he first came over but his kicking has gone backwards as has his decision making. In my view he is the first one gone. He doesnt look like he will be a midfielder and I don’t know if he will succeed elsewhere. Retirements to Hurn, probably Shuey, Gaff will follow. Nic Nat and Ms Govern have the rest of the year to assess whether they can continue. If not then probably one more will go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite easily actually. I was the one initially suggesting he go back to provide run and he did a good job in that role. Unfortunately he does not defend and his player is either loose or beats him easily. His disposal is also very suspect and turnovers result. He has a red hot go and anyone who does that deserves an opportunity to correct his weaknesses. If he can, terrific. I just doubt it will.
Sure he has some weaknesses but do his strengths and role in the team outweigh them? Yes imo.

Our inability to stop momentum has been a serious worry. Once teams get a run on us they tend to bank multiple goals in quick succession. Been a worry for a while now

It is an issue, but we are by no means the only team with it

It’s such a momentum based game now.

atomic bomb explosion GIF
atomic bomb explosion GIF
nuclear explosion GIF

Waiting for the positive and negative thread for the negative monkeys to run riot

The way to stop the momentum is to win the ball in the middle, it's why we turned it around in the second half, Yeo made a massive difference in there in a short amount of time.
Which is why I still think we're short a genuine ball winning midfielder amongst our young guys Shueygod

We are averaging 49 I50s per game this season. Not bad for a rebuilding side. Much better than last season's shitshow.

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised when looking at the stats just before. If we can generate the same amount of I50’s against some of the teams around our “level” we’ll win a few games.

89 points against Geelong is pretty reasonable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back