Preview Round 5, 2024: GWS v St.Kilda - Manuka Oval, Saturday 13 April, 1:45pm AEST *GARCIA DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the last game Zac plays? Was very ordinary to the point of disinterested, had very low game time and subbed out which is telling considering we needed energy and attack around the ball.

Got a bit if the Dunstans about it...
With players coming back he's going to struggle to get another crack unless he beats down the door.

It's April 11. A lot can happen.
Very profound and has the chance of being reality, as does the observation at R4 GWS have put themselves in the box seat to win the flag. Incredibly good list, capable of multiple flags, age and games profile in the sweat spot, have a massive stockpile of talent, and looks like they have found themselves a good coach.

Very profound and has the chance of being reality, as does the observation at R4 GWS have put themselves in the box seat to win the flag. Incredibly good list, capable of multiple flags, age and games profile in the sweat spot, have a massive stockpile of talent, and looks like they have found themselves a good coach.
Definitely my pick for premiers this year.

Just checked and he had 4 tackles, you mean in the Tigers game?

He was crap though I agree.
Yes 1 tackle across 3 qtrs.

In the 4th qtr before he was subbed he didn't touch the pill but had 3 tackles.

With players coming back he's going to struggle to get another crack unless he beats down the door.
Exactly how we want it. Players have to fight hard to get into this team.

I love Zac, think his style works well for us, but if your tackle count is low and your disposals aren't that great and your opponents are getting the ball a lot, then how are you helping the team?

v Tigers- 11 poss, 4 tackles, 5th least distance gained, in statistical terms, the only Saints with less impact were Hammer, Butler and Hastie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we're deliberately rotating the kids as sub to give them all a bit of exposure and hunger. Let them feel the full experience of being in the big league, then send them back to Sandy hungry for more.

Maybe they want Jones to play against the Dogs on Thursday night and with the short turn around and his proneness to injury they thought they would give him a rest this week.
Will be interested to see if he’s recalled next week.
Wouldn't he then be listed as "managed" and not "omitted"?

I reckon we're deliberately rotating the kids as sub to give them all a bit of exposure and hunger. Let them feel the full experience of being in the big league, then send them back to Sandy hungry for more.
Agree - not sure Hugo is really ready - but I have no doubt he will be a serious player for us - go well!

Maybe they want Jones to play against the Dogs on Thursday night and with the short turn around and his proneness to injury they thought they would give him a rest this week.
Will be interested to see if he’s recalled next week.
Good indicator we aren't tight cap wise

Agree - not sure Hugo is really ready - but I have no doubt he will be a serious player for us - go well!
I reckon he's just going to walk into the level. I'd rather he not be the sub.

I think Ross has had a gutfull of the midfield and is just gonna test this out. Steel, Windy, Garcia.. who flipping knows.

I reckon he's just going to walk into the level. I'd rather he not be the sub.

I think Ross has had a gutfull of the midfield and is just gonna test this out. Steel, Windy, Garcia.. who *ing knows.
Like what you say - just a tough ask first up against probably the best midfield in the AFL - no soft landing there!

Jones is a strange exclusion. Gives us a point of difference in the midfield, really stiff IMO.

Would have preferred Windy for Hastie the only change.

Look forward to getting Howard back soon. He is underrated on here.

I just don’t think he impacts games consistently or often enough to really be a point of difference anymore. If you’re going to play in the guts, have to be able to impact games particularly if one of the more senior players. It’s been a sad watch seeing his career decline rapidly since 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back