Review Round 5 - Adelaide Crows 'The Kieron Turner Cup'

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta trust match committee on Brodie - we all though Dew was nuts to drop Lyons for
MCG games, turns out he knew what he was doing.

For this week tho

Burgess swing down back for for Hombsch (if he doesn’t get up on Friday)
GHS for powell
Sammy D for burgess

Don’t rock the boast too much - even in a loss the experience is valuable for luko

Are either of those two capable of playing a Pure Tagging role? They both are pretty tough blokes.

I think both could do it, but prefer Dmac in a forward pressure role. Holman if fit enough could get the job done

Darcy's tackling is next level.. he is developing really well!
His instinct and endeavour was always really good but his tackling technique has improved noticibly this year. Andrew Swallows influence if I had to guess.

It's already been said but this is literally the best chance we've ever had to beat the Crows. Jacobs out helps but an effort similar to what we served up against Carlton won't cut it. The boys have to lift for us to get the W.

Also, have we ever been in the top 4 before? It's entirely possible we'll get there if we beat the Crows on Sunday.
FB_IMG_1522497312398.jpg

Is Corbett ready for first grade???The Wright/Burgess duo is rubbish at the moment. We need Corbett to be top quality.
Been thinking that I’d ideally like to see Collins/Hombsch back, Wright/Corbett forward and Day off the bench as as swingman and 2nd ruck.
Wright being pinch hit ruck kills him and he has the turning circle of the Queen Mary. Slow as a wet week.

Last edited:
Is Corbett ready for first grade???The Wright/Burgess duo is rubbish at the moment. We need Corbett to be top quality.
Fitness wise - not sure. Talent wise yes.
Ralph and Warner will have their 'Victorian clubs circling young Sun' stories in the pipeline already Bods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They see Darcy as a developing mid as well.
He definitely spends a lot of time around stoppages further up the field and does pretty well getting his hands on it.

He doesn't use the ball by foot very well and because he's so short I think he can't separate himself from the stoppage when he grabs the ball the way a Tim Kelly or Dayne Beams does which I think has limited his effectiveness so far.

IMO its out of Brodie and Day. (Young and Heron have been emergencies in the earlier rounds) Thinking it will be Day -as he's from SA. He could also be a late change for Lukosious, Burgess, Hombsch if necessary .
Bringing in Day also provides another pinch hitting ruck option while Wittsy has a rest. That would then allow Wright to focus on kicking goals, which is something he's struggled with this year. Sam Jacobs is injured so I assume Day would go alright in the ruck up against their back up ruckman.

Would have loved to have seen Corbett picked for this one but I guess we're saving him for the QClash next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back