Review Round 5 - Adelaide Crows 'The Kieron Turner Cup'

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Powell has to have a week off with that head knock.

I would also look at resting Lukosius.

Burgess also looked lost up forward against the Blues, but might find a spot in defence for him against some tall Crows forwards, if not does Day come in as that 2nd tall forward to compete?

I would bring in Corbett after looking a decent lead up 3rd tall option.

Horlin-Smith was brought in for these kind of tough away games to provide some steel.

I am also assuming Weller is still unavailable.

Overall I don't want to make sweeping changes to the team so Burgess gets a reprieve.

Out: Lukosius, Powell
In: Corbett, Horlin-Smith

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
As a selection philosophy for this game I’d be not picking “the best 22” but picking “the fittest 22”. Take down only guys that are uninjured, This is the game where if you are going to manage players you do so. If you have a niggle-this is where you get a freshen up.
Go down though ready to scrap and fight GC style and get a famous win.

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Burgess Out Corbett In
Lukosius Out Horlin-Smith In
Powell Out Weller In

FB: Harbrow - Collins - Ballard
HB: Joyce - Hombsch - Hanley
C: Weller - Fiorini - Horlin-Smith
HF: Sexton - Wright - Holman
FF: Macpherson - Corbett - Martin
RR: Witts - Miller - Swallow
INT: Bowes, Miles, Murdoch, Ainsworth

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
from a pure footy perpsective
lukosius out, corbett in
powell out, ah chee in

Not sure on the Luko - home game situation.
Take him down there, sure.
Just not sure if I'd actually play him.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
We've kicked goals in 15 of 16 quarters this year. (only non was the 8 point quarter 2 against Freo)

Hoping we can come away 19 of 20.
Good consistent 4 quarter effort is what I'm after here.

Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
When I booked my tickets for this one I thought we are no hope, just wanted to support the boys and hopefully not get flogged. It's the first time in about 5 years I'm attending Adelaide oval with hope.
Surely we can't drop Lukosius this week.
Brodie for Powell
Any idea how long Weller out for?

Can't wait for this one.

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
GHS for Powell - gonna be a tough game and we need an experienced level head to keep the kids calm when the pressure is on.

Love Corbett in but probably needs another week to find form - Sammy D for me (can also chop in the ruck and let 2MP focus on being a forward)

Burgess looked great down back but don’t know who we’d drop to fit him in.... Murdoch?

Brenton87

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Keep Burgess down back in defense he looked better there.
Rest Lukosious (Bit harsh being in SA though)
Rest Powell (concussion)

Bring in Sam Day (or Corbett) and Brodie.

2MP needs to work on his confidence a bit more he could of easily cost us the game with that shocking attempt at a mark but redeemed himself by hand balling the ball to Jack who kicked the winner.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
The Crows are a big bodied team, Carlton players were pushing us out of the way and we can expect more of it from the Crows

Bigger body’s need to come in, Weller, Corbett, GHS and perhaps even Brodie

Hopefully Wil gets up after that horrible tackle, let’s see if the Vic loving tribunal sights Setterfield or if like baldy and Mary May they turn a blind eye

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Mover Burgess to backline and Ballard to the wing or Burgess forward role . Ballard was overrated with his intercept marking vs Bulldog and vs Carlton look ok playing Burgess role .

gosuns!

Team Captain
Aug 22, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Bit of hope with Powell still for me. He was up and around the fences post game with the rest of the boys and looked fine. Obviously err on the side of caution but wouldn't shock me if he was cleared.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Bit of hope with Powell still for me. He was up and around the fences post game with the rest of the boys and looked fine. Obviously err on the side of caution but wouldn't shock me if he was cleared.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Any sort of concussion like should be an automatic week on the sideline. Don't want to risk a 19 year olds health when we have more than capable players running around in the 2's.

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Any sort of concussion like should be an automatic week on the sideline. Don't want to risk a 19 year olds health when we have more than capable players running around in the 2's.
Agreed - kids a gun and this is the rebuild year.

Rather they rest him than have ongoing issues over the next few years when we really need him.

Just remembered swallow got KO’d in the same spot of the field last time we played Carlton..... must be a curse

Happy Idiot

All Australian
Oct 12, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If Powell does not get up, I'm thinking we give Brodie his shot.

Although I think Lukosius is due his rest, his homecoming is not the time to do so.
Yep to both of these. Brodie had earned another go for sure.

And if anyone thinks we are out of the retention woods yet, they're way overconfident. Little things like a homecoming match for Lukosius (and leaving him down there for a few extra days) will go a long way to messaging our care for him. He's more important long term than the minimal short term gain of replacing him this week.

Back