Review Round 5 - Adelaide Crows 'The Kieron Turner Cup'

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll take a competitive performance against the Crows. Keep it within 4 goals and you would take that.

Setting my expectations low, hopefully meaning we spring a surprise and get the win. Probably our best chance in our history to knock them off.
Crows are old and slow, even the Crouch's as good as they are in contested ball are slow. Their skills are poor and confidence at rock bottom. Tex Walker turns like a truck, I'm not sure Jenkins knows how to turn other than trying to get a goal over the back running into an open goal.

If we can pressure the likes of Laird, Milera, Smith on the wings/half back line we can go a long way to winning this. Not many other players on their list at the moment are running and disposing of the ball well.

Holman, and Macpherson to do some defensive roles on 2 of those 3 in my opinion.

Witts is killing it at the moment, so need to take advantage of that and get it in quick.

IN: SDay, WBrodie, LWeller
OUT: Powell (concussion), Burgess (omitted), Lukosius (omitted)

B: Jarrod Harbrow, Sam Collins, Charlie Ballard
HB: Jesse Joyce, Jack Hombsch, Pearce Hanley
C: Ben Ainsworth, Jack Bowes, Lachie Weller
HF: Alex Sexton, Peter Wright, Nick Holman
F: Darcy MacPherson, Sam Day, Jack Martin
FOL Jarrod Witts, Touk Miller, David Swallow
I/C Anthony Miles, Will Brodie , Jordan Murdoch, Brayden Fiorini

all this BS that Brodie isn't flexible he doesn't necessarily have to be - need to get a string of games into him. Swallow can go forward 50/50 rotating with Jack Martin, and WB can go through the guts and rotate through with the others.

Need to take an experienced crew to Adelaide to face Adelaide
If they're not fired up and crush us this weekend then Pyke is surely gone
GHS must play after his NEAFL game last weekend
Hopefully Weller is fit and I'm playing Corbett over Sam Day
Day looks unfit.Was blowing up bigtime after a run on the weekend

Need to take an experienced crew to Adelaide to face Adelaide
If they're not fired up and crush us this weekend then Pyke is surely gone
GHS must play after his NEAFL game last weekend
Hopefully Weller is fit and I'm playing Corbett over Sam Day
Day looks unfit.Was blowing up bigtime after a run on the weekend
More of these

Our win-loss records going into round 5.

2011: 0-4
2012: 0-4
2013: 1-3
2014: 2-2
2015: 0-4
2016: 3-1 (lost round 5 to North)
2017: 2-2
2018: 2-2
2019: 3-1

This Sunday we have an opportunity to do something we've never done before - start a season with a record of 4-1. The Crows are also the only team in the AFL we are yet to record a victory over. History is on the line and I hope it's going to be a Happy Easter for us on Sunday!
Take out the first couple of years when we were fielding a team of teenagers and misfits and we predominantly start the season off pretty well... then the injuries set in..
I always maintain that if we didnt suffer the inordinate amount of injuries that we have we would be playing finals every year..
Ablett, Prestia, O'Meara, Lynch and May would never have left...
But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger right..
I'm not complaining just reckon we have been crucified in the media for years without any balance to their analysis. .
Onwards and upwards... we can absolutely beat Adelaide on Sunday, current form and the confidence it produces is huge... I just hope Powell or Weller can get up and we can keep this 22/23 of winners together!

Take out the first couple of years when we were fielding a team of teenagers and misfits and we predominantly start the season off pretty well... then the injuries set in..
I always maintain that if we didnt suffer the inordinate amount of injuries that we have we would be playing finals every year..
Ablett, Prestia, O'Meara, Lynch and May would never have left...
But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger right..
I'm not complaining just reckon we have been crucified in the media for years without any balance to their analysis. .
Onwards and upwards... we can absolutely beat Adelaide on Sunday, current form and the confidence it produces is huge... I just hope Powell or Weller can get up and we can keep this 22/23 of winners together!
Nailed it. Great post.

Another outstanding win by the boys just sheer guts and determination right to the end .
Giving us supporters great value for money.
Didn't expect to be 3 and 1 at this stage but enjoying the moment.
We now face a daunting 7 weeks with 4 very tough away games during this period.
If we can remain competitive and pick up a couple of wins it will be a huge boost to the whole club.
Adelaide have been in poor form , but they are the one club we have not only never beaten but never really been competitive against.
Eddies 300th and the fact Adelaide will be desperate is a big challenge for our team.
Changes I would make !
Out
Burgess -struggling to have any impact , defender trying to play as a forward.
Lukosius - has obvious talent but also no impact ,couple of NEAFL games wont hurt
Powell Injured.
IN
Day -just gives us a bit more flexibility ,can relieve in ruck
Brodie - Adelaide have physically strong midfield can help our smaller body players.
Young - one of our problems is kicking goals , usually reliable to kick one two a week.

B Harbrow Collins Ballard
H Hanley Hombsch Joyce
C Murdoch Swallow Miller
HF Sexton Day Macpherson
F Holman Wright Ainsworth
R Witts Miller Miles
I/C Bowes Fiorini Brodie Young

Watched the entire NEAFL game and although disappointing result there were some good points
Most impressed with Josh Corbett who really looks very promising , but will need at least a couple more games
in the reserves to get his match fitness up to scratch .
Ah Chee showed his class and one more good game should see him close to senior selection.

This is a big game for the boys , a win would be enormous (fingers crossed)
Have a good week all Sun supporters.

Due to popular demand
Brodie for Powell .
GHS for Lukosius.

* Give Brodie three games to prove himself but if he fail and request to go home , he got nobody to blame but himself .
Adelaide , Brisbane and Eagles - Good luck Brodie .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said the same but was told that was his first game in 9 months on the weekend. But it will go before the match committee.
i thought he looked a bit slow and lacked defensive pressure. as much as i want to see him in the side he needs a week or 2 more in the 2's.

Out: Powell, Lukosius
In: GHS, Brodie

Burgess holds his spot until Corbett is ready, need him this week with the talls in ADE defence (Keath, Hartigan, Talia)

For our best side
Out: Burgess, Lukosius, Joyce, Holman, MacPherson
In: Rankine, Ah Chee, Weller, Corbett, GHS

this will hopefully come to fruition in a couple weeks

For our best side
Out: Burgess, Lukosius, Joyce, Holman, MacPherson
In: Rankine, Ah Chee, Weller, Corbett, GHS

this will hopefully come to fruition in a couple weeks

I hope not regarding Darcy.He's laid 28 tackles in 4 games while also averaging 17 disposals a game. Just what we need in the forward pocket.
And takes just on 5 marks a game as well.

So it’s looking like Brodie and Martin gone at years end, watch the Vic media have a field day with that

I’m calling it now Brodie to Carlton and Martin to Tullamarine in both cases we will get well unders, Brodie because we haven’t played him and Martin because the needles have nothing to give having already given up this years 1st as part of the Sheil deal

Essendon won’t even be in contention for Martin if he left. They can’t afford it now they got sheil.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think Burgess looked a lot better down back when he went back against the Blues, up forward he scraps but he just doesn't look 100% comfortable.

In a few years, that will be Lukosius or King's position in the forward line. Obviously too young at the moment to play keyword. Corbett or Day has to come in, but by looking at the weekend performances, Corbett looks a better bet than Day at the moment. 10 marks 3 goals is a solid performance.

Essendon won’t even be in contention for Martin if he left. They can’t afford it now they got sheil.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is Essendon we are talking about, the fact they have nothing of value to offer won’t stop them, they are the opitimy of greed. They will offer magic beans and shrug that they have no more to give. Just look at how greedy they were last year, it almost cost them Sheil

Remove this Banner Ad

Back