Review Round 5 - Adelaide Crows 'The Kieron Turner Cup'

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Maybe I'm being harsh on Ballard in the immediate after effects. It does look like he's cleaned up his use a fair bit. But I'm just used to him zoning off and marking which I didn't see him do much of. He probably was one of our better guys though. It's hard to identify when everyone just seems collectively down.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Maybe I'm being harsh on Ballard in the immediate after effects. It does look like he's cleaned up his use a fair bit. But I'm just used to him zoning off and marking which I didn't see him do much of. He probably was one of our better guys though. It's hard to identify when everyone just seems collectively down.
Yeah true
I really rate your player review Sunny so when you mentioned Ballard was down I thought I might have been over rating his game
But he is a real competitor
In my first 10 picked every week at the moment

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You were definitely too harsh on him. He had a good game.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Disappointed, but not too crushed.

It will probably happen a couple of more times before the season is out. Lads just got bullied off the ball, and our midfield got towelled by Sloane and the Crouch bros.

Missed Miles and Weller there.

Ballard did alright.
Hanley was alright as well.
Wright looked good could have had 4 or 5.
Best game Lukosius has played.
Brodie was ok.

A few got found out today though. Can see Corbett, Powell and Miles coming back in.

Miller played alright but by God does he turn it over by foot.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Only got to watch the first half but we looked slow and tired. Having to work to hard defending then had nothing left going forward. Bring in some fresh legs next game no?

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
If you watched the NEAFL you might struggle to find those fresh legs ;)
Certainly Corbett
Maybe Scheer but I'd be against dropping Brodie after one week

Sunraysia

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast
Not sure what all this criticism of Brodie is about...
Yes it was a bad loss and in that situation inexperience shows out.
But Brodie was playing his 12th game - others who have played many more performed far worse.
His 70% disposal efficiency (with all the bombs ) was better than Bowes 67% , Ainsworth 57% and Fiorini 53% for example.
He was equal in match Centre Clearances with Touk (3) and better than Adelaide's best which was 2.
Suns need to play him more so he gets better - he has deficiencies but his job lends him to being exposed at times.

Krozza

All Australian
Dec 11, 2006
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys!!
But Brodie was playing his 12th game - others who have played many more performed far worse.
His 70% disposal efficiency (with all the bombs ) was better than Bowes 67% , Ainsworth 57% and Fiorini 53% for example.
He was equal in match Centre Clearances with Touk (3) and better than Adelaide's best which was 2.
Suns need to play him more so he gets better - he has deficiencies but his job lends him to being exposed at times.
Spot on. Brodie got blow torched all day on this! Crucified on Sunday ffs!!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Spot on. It's a big change from NEAFL too. He did have a nice GA to Wright.

Happy Idiot

All Australian
Oct 12, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The exact same thing happened on this forum last year, until he settled into a nicely contributing role by round 18-20-ish.

He's completely inexperienced but has a skill-set we should try and leverage — given our reliance on a ruckman that knows not how to direct a hitout.

Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
From at the game you notice some things, and you miss some things...
Firstly as expected best crowd presence for an Adelaide game by us in years.
Secondly Will Brodie is NOT afl quality (let it be known I said that about Jack Bowes 2 years ago... I was very wrong there and hope to be wrong again)
So many broken tackles.
Some times we looked great off half back only to hand it straight over.

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Gee I think people are being insanely harsh on Brodie. was not in our bottom 50% of players today and the errors he made were the errors of a kid who hasn't played a whole lot of AFL football. Needs a real crack at it to see what he can do but when he learns composure he'll be very good.

Burgess needs a spell in the two's. Corbett straight in.
Horlin-smith was poor but wont likely lose his spot immediately. Would like Miles to come in for him though
Powell to come in and give Lukosius a spell, but he did do some nice things today

bigboy_wowee

Debutant
Jun 4, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
Not sure about all the Brodie criticism, made some mistakes (as all of them did) but did some nice things aswell. Lukosius much better than previous weeks. I think Corbett has to come in for Burgess and hopefully we get Powell and Miles back too. Huge game next week, hope we're up for it.

Sunnies

Rookie
Oct 21, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The criticism of Brodie is unbelievable. He got his hands on the footy 23 times, sure had some bad turnovers but composure will come with experience, it’s his 12th game! He’s going to be a very good player for the suns and we should be behind him and supporting him, not criticising him. The worst thing would be for him to be sent back to the seconds after tonight. Give him games, he’s worked hard to get into the team and deserves at least a few to find his feet.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Krozza

All Australian
Dec 11, 2006
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys!!
The criticism of Brodie is unbelievable. He got his hands on the footy 23 times, sure had some bad turnovers but composure will come with experience, it’s his 12th game! He’s going to be a very good player for the suns and we should be behind him and supporting him, not criticising him. The worst thing would be for him to be sent back to the seconds after tonight. Give him games, he’s worked hard to get into the team and deserves at least a few to find his feet.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Did as well as Miles would have done...20+ touches....I'm with you!!

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Did as well as Miles would have done...20+ touches....I'm with you!!

To be fair to Miles ,his record win 3 lose 1 by 1 point. Brodie in 1 lose 73 point just said we are trying to be fair and divided the score by 2 , still 31 point lost .

bigboy_wowee

Debutant
Jun 4, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
To be fair to Miles ,his record win 3 lose 1 by 1 point. Brodie in 1 lose 73 point just said we are trying to be fair and divided the score by 2 , still 31 point lost .
dont think you can blame a 73 point loss on one player. Miles instead of Brodie wouldn't have made a 73 point difference.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
dont think you can blame a 73 point loss on one player. Miles instead of Brodie wouldn't have made a 73 point difference.
How you know miles did not play ,Brodie did play . You can only form you judgement on who played today and not the one out injured.

Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
How you know miles did not play ,Brodie did play . You can only form you judgement on who played today and not the one out injured.
So you're saying Brodie is enterally responsible for the loss and Miles can win games off his own boot? You're making my head spin Peel. The guy's still in the top 15 youngest players at the club. We have to be patient.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
So you're saying Brodie is enterally responsible for the loss and Miles can win games off his own boot? You're making my head spin Peel. The guy's still in the top 15 youngest players at the club. We have to be patient.
You just can't compare an injured player with Brodie and said Miles might not make a different , even miles can win games off his own boots he is injured and cannot play . I don't get your opinion of bringing miles name up in the first place that if he play he can't made different, he might or might not make any difference if he played, but he definitely can't do anything about it if he is not best 22 due to injuries. There is nothing to discuss if everybody just drinking Kool aid of Brodie .Game day thread suppose to be emotion , passion , and not faking it to make you and other Brodie fan happy.

Last edited:
Back