Round 5 - ANZAC Eve - Melbourne v Richmond, Tuesday 24 April, 7:25pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance more than 12,000 of you could endure the grueling tram ride down Bourke Street for the round 8 game v North at Docklands?

It was a bridge too far for 60,000 (supposed) Hawthorn supporters.

We hate etihad there is * all chance of more than 40k for that game unless you blokes get up and about and continue on from last weeks game

Rubbish.

60 to 107 score involvements and 16-8 centre clearances from a 65-23 ruck display are not "neck and neck" statistics.

I like score involvements for each individual player, but lumping them together as a team stat is useless. It's like when people say Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis and Rioli won 16 flags between them.

Rubbish.

60 to 107 score involvements and 16-8 centre clearances from a 65-23 ruck display are not "neck and neck" statistics.
I was referring to the tackle count and contested possession count that you stated.

How do those other stats prove Melbourne couldn’t handle the pressure well?

How is rattling off overall score involvements if a team relevant?

You only had to watch the game to know that was the case.

Ive never seen a group of supporters clear out so quickly once they knew the game was done.
lol this can't be a serious post. Richmond fans are well known for being the best at it, and will continue to happen the minute Richmond start losing again. That's the 3rd guarantee in life.

I like score involvements for each individual player, but lumping them together as a team stat is useless. It's like when people say Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis and Rioli won 16 flags between them.

I think they are a good representation of offensive activity as a bulk statistic, depending on the weight of the discrepancy. A 44% differential is a telling stat, and it's where the difference between Richmond and Melbourne lies.

AGree with this.

But also think, particularly by hand, Tiges much cleaner under pressure/in traffic. Leading to the scoring opps you talked about.

Dees need to learn to pull the trigger/go/be positive in traffic. I don't reckon they are far away at all. They were good for a long time last night.
100%

As soon as the pressure picked up, Richmond were clean and able to run the footy.

Melbourne not so much, they had just as much of the footy as Richmond but were not able to use it as they would have liked.

I was referring to the tackle count and contested possession count that you stated.

How do those other stats prove Melbourne couldn’t handle the pressure well?

I was referring to the comment, "Melbourne were exposed to finals like pressure and failed"

It's bullshit.

How is rattling off overall score involvements if a team relevant?

It's obviously my alternative view of the differences between the sides. The offensive factor.

lol this can't be a serious post. Richmond fans are well known for being the best at it, and will continue to happen the minute Richmond start losing again. That's the 3rd guarantee in life.

And yet during our rebuild our crowd numbers and membership numbers continued to grow, not decline.
Now, far be it from me to say you’re full of s**t, but......

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they are a good representation of offensive activity as a bulk statistic, depending on the weight of the discrepancy. A 44% differential is a telling stat, and it's where the difference between Richmond and Melbourne lies.

They don't really add any extra insight to the discussion than goals or even scoring shots do though.

107-60 score involvements - 78% more
27-16 scores - 69% more

Basically the same but slightly more favourable to teams that muck around with it more. Fair enough if you like it but I don't think it tells us anything new or insightful.

And yet during our rebuild our crowd numbers and membership numbers continued to grow, not decline.

meanwhile, Brisbanes crows number have halved as they are rebuilding.

nobody loves their club more than the Tiger Army. through thick and thin

I was referring to the comment, "Melbourne were exposed to finals like pressure and failed"

It's bullshit.

It's obviously my alternative view of the differences between the sides. The offensive factor.
Okay, so explain to me what that stat you like has to do with the original comment?

Also, did you watch the game or just like reading champion data stats?

Just focus on getting a win before you start slagging a club you havent beaten in years haha

meanwhile, Brisbanes crows number have halved as they are rebuilding.

nobody loves their club more than the Tiger Army. through thick and thin

No-ones denying Brisbane is rubbish, although we do thank Leon Daphne for our 3 flags. But please, Richmond fans and loyalty are as far apart as anything in this world, and everybody knows it.

Okay, so explain to me what that stat you like has to do with the original comment?

Also, did you watch the game or just like reading champion data stats?

1) I've already explained myself.
2) Most of it.

No-ones denying Brisbane is rubbish, although we do thank Leon Daphne for our 3 flags. But please, Richmond fans and loyalty are as far apart as anything in this world, and everybody knows it.

and what do you base that on?

I mean, given you just quoted and dismissed figures that show the opposite, I assume you must have something more solid than just your opinion as to what 'everybody knows'.

Lmao how would a Brisbane fan know this? Most ridiculous post Ive read ever...:tearsofjoy:

When one team nearly doubles another you’d expect a fairly large gap in score involvements no? Thank god you aren’t a commentator

Remove this Banner Ad

Back