Preview Round 5: Brisbane Lions v NM Kangaroos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've got a pretty strong recollection that he did last year at a minimum.

Tbh it’s wild to me that there were no takers if he did put his name out there. He’s got to be better than at least the 4th/5th midfielder at most clubs, and he’s someone that will always give 110%.

Tbh it’s wild to me that there were no takers if he did put his name out there. He’s got to be better than at least the 4th/5th midfielder at most clubs, and he’s someone that will always give 110%.

I don't think he is though and he's very limited to being an inside mid

Even the Crows have quickly gone past Keays as a first string midfielder

Given how much Melbourne footy people whinged and complained about the AFLW GF being played at Springfield, I've been taking the higher ground this week about being fixtured at Mt Barker. It looks like a nice setup, although I pity the spectators likely having to sit in the wind and rain.

I've read a bit of this lately and correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Matho sought opportunities elsewhere the past 2 seasons and they're have been literally no takers - hence why, it is either be listed at the Lions getting paid as a pro footy player or give up the AFL dream knowing there are no takers and get a normal 9-5 job or whatever job opportunities he has. Dont get me wrong, I love Matho and seriously at times, think he has been stiffed a few times on being given the nod b/c he just gives 100 every time he steps out.
It might be a different prospect this year though that he isn't in contract and won't have to be traded for. I agree with everyone you said about Matho though.

Yeah. I visited the north board looking for their opinion on the game but it's pages of whining about the gather round, who's the home team, the ground we are playing on and ... It got boring.

Hope their team is like focused.
Their obsession and perceived injustice with poor umpiring is only surpassed by Richmond fans.

Gunston (managed) and Prior (omitted) for Fort and Rich.

Dev Robertson not an emergency so looks like he will play reserves.
Team_Selection_Article_Graphic_Template.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like the changes. Rich an upgrade on Prior (harsh) and I'd like to see our forward setup with the rucks under the long ball.
I don't see Rich as an upgrade on Prior, Prior a better defensive runner and more grunt/physicality and kicking is not far behind Richy if at all these days, his elite level kicks a far and few between, just bombs it long to a contest.

I don't see Rich as an upgrade on Prior, Prior a better defensive runner and more grunt/physicality and kicking is not far behind Richy if at all these days, his elite level kicks a far and few between, just bombs it long to a contest.
Prior to be our long-term Rich replacement, come 2024 then?

KANGAROOS

B: Logue, McKay, Corr
HB: Ziebell, McDonald, Scott

C: Tucker, Cunnington, Shiels

HF: Stephenson, Comben, Simpkin
F: Zurhaar, Larkey, Sheezel

FOLL: Goldstein, Davies-Uniacke, Phillips

I/C: Howe, Powell, Taylor, Turner

EMG: Curtis, Bonar, Greenwood, Perez
IN: Logue, McKay
OUT: Bonar, Curtis (both omitted), Greenwood (sub)

The 4-minute Fox video below gives you a 360-degree ground view of Mt Barka Oval. Most likely taken yesterday.
The AFL and or the SA Government are spending a lot of money just for 1 AFL game.
The ground will look completely different than what we saw on the early images of just 1 tiny grandstand.
Some interesting facts about the weather and what the players may face if it eventuates.
It will be a shame if the weather in not great as a lot of work has gone into the ground.

Good on them, they look genuinely pumped to have the opportunity. Listening to the Mt Barker lady, sounds like we don't want to be risking to many long shots with the wind, hopefully more of what we did with Collingwood with inside 25m goals.

Prior to be our long-term Rich replacement, come 2024 then?
Assuming we play 3 talls in Andrews, Payne and Gardiner/Joyce + Starcevich, Coleman and McKenna are near certainties that leaves 1 spot in our back 7, there are a few candidates for Richys position... Jaxon Prior, Carter Michael, Darcy Wilmot, Jaspa Fletcher, James Madden, Noah Answerth.

We have a plethora of options for that role.

Resting Gunston for an away game is a smart call. We should manage our list like that more often. And Fort deserves a game.

Prior out is rough (though I think any defender getting dropped would have been). He played a good game on the weekend and is in the list of players who we regularly screw over in never giving a good run to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back