Status
Not open for further replies.

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
S65, row NN. Is NN nosebleeds? I’m usually mid tier southern end and have no idea about NN.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes, clearly pledging members are missing out. To say all pledged members are getting tickets is rubbish.

Yep. This was the email I got from Laura in the membership team:

"I can certainly organise to amend your submission for seven tickets. Please note that as the Covid Safe plan restricts group sizes to six people, we’ll need to split your group up into one of 3 and one of 4, but will provide seats close together.

You’ll receive an email from the Club this evening if you have been successful but we estimate that this week any Pledge members who have registered correctly will be able to attend".

Can't see how I could have registered incorrectly when the membership team was directly involved. Based on that email the nurses in our group swapped shifts this afternoon when opportunities came up.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Not true Jason. I have the thank you for your request email and it was further acknowledged by the membership team, but still no tickets.
I went last week and got an email confirming I was in the ballot for this week.
Must be something amiss with the way they are allocating seats, please let us know how you go trying to sort it out, I know I would be pissed as well.

Yep. This was the email I got from Laura in the membership team:

"I can certainly organise to amend your submission for seven tickets. Please note that as the Covid Safe plan restricts group sizes to six people, we’ll need to split your group up into one of 3 and one of 4, but will provide seats close together.

You’ll receive an email from the Club this evening if you have been successful but we estimate that this week any Pledge members who have registered correctly will be able to attend".

Can't see how I could have registered incorrectly when the membership team was directly involved. Based on that email the nurses in our group swapped shifts this afternoon when opportunities came up.

Definitely get in contact with them. That can't be right.

Squizz89

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Missed the WCE game - forgot to pledge as I thought my rolling membership would just show that I would continue being a member;

Pledged the following week but chose to buy tickets last week because I wanted to have the best chance to go this week. The Ticketmaster website **** itself last week so I ended up spending an additional 160 bucks on 4 tickets I wasn’t able to use. Thankfully I found a couple of others to use those but still down 90 bucks there.

This week went into the ballot and got zilch.

This on top of swapping a shirt I got for Xmas earlier in the year for a jersey valued at $120. Because the ****house shop didn’t have a tag on the jersey the best they could do was write down me name and would contact me when the jersey came in. Think I’d heard from anyone? Chased it up last week. Still think I’ve heard?

Think I worked it out today and all up I’ve spent about 900 bucks this year and seen one game for which I paid for anyway!

To say I’m ****ing ****ed is an understatement. Not sure the missus is real keen on me paying again this week on top of that monthly withdrawal and a newborn. Sorry about the language!

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Missed the WCE game - forgot to pledge as I thought my rolling membership would just show that I would continue being a member;

Pledged the following week but chose to buy tickets last week because I wanted to have the best chance to go this week. The Ticketmaster website **** itself last week so I ended up spending an additional 160 bucks on 4 tickets I wasn’t able to use. Thankfully I found a couple of others to use those but still down 90 bucks there.

This on top of swapping a shirt I got for Xmas earlier in the year for a jersey valued at $120. Because the ****house shop didn’t have a tag on the jersey the best they could do was write down me name and would contact me when the jersey came in. Think I’d heard from anyone? Chased it up last week. Still think I’ve heard?

Think I worked it out today and all up I’ve spent about 900 bucks this year and seen one game for which I paid for anyway!

To say I’m ****ing ****ed is an understatement. Not sure the missus is real keen on me paying again this week on top of that monthly withdrawal and a newborn. Sorry about the language!

Fella that’s rough. I had my own issues which the club sorted. Suggest dropping an email to the members department. They might take a little while as they are down on numbers but they will come back you if my experience is anything to go by.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions

Seems weird that you weren't successful in the ballot this week.

Did you actually get an email back saying you were NOT successful?

Maybe something went wrong with the rego process?

Suggest you call the Membership Dept asap. You will almost certainly have to leave a message but they will definitely get back to you,

So public tickets went on sale at 3pm. Just tried to look for a group of four tickets are there are none available. Given they said all pledged members would get tickets and some of us haven't got to think the reason they don't send member tickets out till after public sales is so they can sell as many as possible and then limit member numbers accordingly.

Squizz89

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Seems weird that you weren't successful in the ballot this week.

Did you actually get an email back saying you were NOT successful?

Maybe something went wrong with the rego process?

Suggest you call the Membership Dept asap. You will almost certainly have to leave a message but they will definitely get back to you,
Thanks mate. Yeah definitely will be getting a call tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back