Cancelled
Low Carb High Fat - Acolyte
Apr 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
AC Milan, Chelsea
Perennial wooden spooners vs the 2018 wooden spooners according to Robert Walls. Talk about idiotic walls!

walls trump.jpg

Our first game at the home of footy, the MCG which gives us another opportunity of having a practice run for all our flag tilts until at least 2057. I say practice run because the Blues have looked like witches hats for much of the season.

Our start has been surprising for most, but a few of us were confident going into the season. Waterman is looking like a potential superstar in the making and before injury, Liam Ryan was the x factor we have been looking for. Sheed is taking strides towards breaking out and Gaffy has been back at his best and dare I say it, a contested beast. Hurn, Jetta and Yeo have been dominant across half back and Shepp must have custom made a calendar full of Septembers…

Before I delve into some stats and more Marchwankbank material here are some key match ups:

Nic Natanui vs Matthew Kruezer – Pick 2 vs Pick 1: Big Nic cruises to victory here providing our midfield with opportunities for first use and clearances

Luke Shuey vs Patrick Cripps – After a slower start than what we are used to from Shuey, he showed us what he is capable of against Geelong and is key to us beating Carlton’s midfield unit (if Murphy is back). This is a double win for us because it will see Cripps wanting to come home and play for a team whose main goal isn’t a spoon collection.
456056-tlslargeportrait.jpg
Cripps: “Yeo are going in too deep.”

Josh Kennedy vs Liam Jones – haha rofl lmao etc. Best forward vs worst defender

Tom Barrass vs Levi Casboult – Big Tom will have a season defining game emBarrassing Casboult in this battle of the behemoths

Jacob Weitering vs The Bench – A couple of close encounters in recent weeks with The Bench getting the better of young Jacob, will be interesting to see how this week goes. I am assuming a lot of splinters.

Chris Masten vs The Haters – Say what you want about our house destroying Masto, if he keeps playing like this up a wing he has my backing for a spot for the season.

In terms of important games between the two we need to go back to the semi final of 2011. I was at the game and it was up there with the win against Geelong a couple of weeks ago in terms of atmosphere and jubilance.
LrkK4.png
The head to head for the last 8 encounters see West Coast grabbing the points on 6 occasions.

Its games like this which will either make or break our dreams of making the top 4 if things keep rolling our way. A good victory at the G will build confidence and give us our second away win for the year.

696761-chris-judd.jpg
Juddy upon realising the rabble he had to end his career at.

My call is the for the Blues to lose, West coast by 68, with the possibility of JK outscoring Carlton

Last edited:
Teams have now dropped.

Hutchings the only change for the Eagles, in for the injured Venables.
Jetta not spotted but assured to be playing
Shuey sore, but fit to play
Cole and Watson definitely traveled as emergencies.

No Murphy for Carlton and Kruezer also out injured gives us a huge advantage in the engine room.

blues vs eags.jpg

Last edited:

Essendon, Collingwood, Bulldogs, North and Brisbane have all looked like wooden spoon candidates, but then have also produced some pretty good football.

Carlton is really the only team to look like wooden-spooners in all their games.
I just hope this week isn't the one where they put together a good performance.

Very hard to make a case for them, Hutchings in to go with Cripps and there goes their midfield.

Kruezer is a good ruckman.

I think we will do our usual technique of getting 4-5 goals up and then letting Carlton have a sniff.

Backing the boys to close it out though. West Coast by 4-5 goals.

Kreuzer is a terrible ruckman

He's a solid enough footballer, but his actual rucking is poor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missed an opportunity to call the preview "Our Cripps is better than your Cripps"

Delete your account.

R4 2018

P. Cripps - 19 disposals, 13 contested, 6 tackles, no score, no goal assists.

J. Cripps - 15 disposals, 9 contested, 4 tackles 4 goals straight, 1 goal assist.

I'm a big fan of small sample sizes.

im just waiting for the result.

then hell beckons on walls especially if we thump them.

anywho, expecting nothing less of a 7 goal win.

100 points would be delish. probbaly would cream my pants by JJ beating sumichs record and then seeing judd and walls cry in the stand.

We'll smash them, but the rain is an issue. Remember last year's game against Richmond? We had it in the bag, then the rain came and we thought that playing dry-weather football was still the way to go.

We've been playing a style of footy that should translate well onto the MCG. A Nicnat led stoppage division is giving us a lot better field position, while its obvious there's a far greater emphasis of quick ball movement up the corridor (and a greater spread of goal kickers on the other end of it). To me this is the MCG blueprint. Here's a chance to roll it out.

We'll smash them, but the rain is an issue. Remember last year's game against Richmond? We had it in the bag, then the rain came and we thought that playing dry-weather football was still the way to go.
Especially with 10 talls up forward

Back