Preview Round 5 Changes vs GWS (MCG)

Remove this Banner Ad

Kozzy 3 goals
Spargo 1
ANB 0

I've defended Kozzy as I think his defensive work has been excellent this year, but once these guys start hitting the scoreboard we'll see a significant uptick in our form. Kozzy aside they're never going to be huge goalkickers under our current system as we don't kick many over the back due to our dedication in defence, but four goals between the three of them after four rounds is well below par. I still think they need Brown there to feed off as he is easily our best tall at bringing the ball to ground and strangely bringing others into the game, which isn't what I think we'd get when he joined the club.

Kozzy 3 goals
Spargo 1
ANB 0

I've defended Kozzy as I think his defensive work has been excellent this year, but once these guys start hitting the scoreboard we'll see a significant uptick in our form. Kozzy aside they're never going to be huge goalkickers under our current system as we don't kick many over the back due to our dedication in defence, but four goals between the three of them after four rounds is well below par. I still think they need Brown there to feed off as he is easily our best tall at bringing the ball to ground and strangely bringing others into the game, which isn't what I think we'd get when he joined the club.

Yeah Lizzy and Spargo need to lift. Spargo has also missed a lot of targets by foot too.

Has JVR passed TMac and Weid in the pecking order yet? Surely he has coz hes better than useless. :fire:

If those two bozo's continue to struggle I wonder if Goody has something else up his sleeve instead of JVR , like swinging Tomo or Petty forward :fire::fire:

I reckon Trac is gonna miss. Doesn't look right to me. Will be up against deBoar too. Give him a week's rest. Bring in Dunstan. Means Oliver will get the tag, but it's a long season. Don't want to break Trac at Round 5.

Give us your ins and outs.

A lot pins on how Petty performs at VFL Level. I'm going to back him to come straight back into the side. Nothing against Tomlinson but I think Petty is the better player and Tomlinson did get beaten aerially a lot against the Gold Coast talls 2 weeks ago. We can't have 4 talls (May, Lever, Petty and Tomlinson) in defence.

Their key forwards are Hogan and Himmelberg with Himmelberg being their most dangerous forward.

I think Hunt holds his spot, not on form, but because there is no like for like replacement until Hibberd returns. Unless Joel Smith comes in to replace Hunt and play Smith as a small.

In: Petty, Ben Brown
Out: Tomlinson, Weideman.
To all the naysayers. I nailed it. obviously this was before the Brown report

Out: Adam Tomlinson
In: Harrison Petty

JVR stiff Weed very lucky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pull your head in and stop breathing negativity into the thread. Focus on the ins and outs.

Pull ya head in and stop breathing negativity into the Dunstan thread. Focus on his form in the VFL instead of making s**t up.

Has to be better than Weeds invisible act last week.
Mate you don’t support a s**t team anymore. You don’t have to pretend that kids are ready to play off no evidence at all

To all the naysayers. I nailed it. obviously this was before the Brown report
You haven't nailed it yet d168. He has yet to get thru the next 2 matches without further harming that calf, or other leg muscles.

Because others were hoping for a most conservative approach, to save against re-injury. That boat hasn't sailed as yet. But I sincerely hope you have nailed it, after the next fortnight.

Mate you don’t support a s**t team anymore. You don’t have to pretend that kids are ready to play off no evidence at all

Leave my fellow JVR > TMac & Weid mate alone you big meany.

Why then did we draft JVR in the first place? For shits and giggles?
We took him so we would have a replacement for our aging KPFs when he's ready. He's not there yet and we don't need to rush him.

We took him so we would have a replacement for our aging KPFs when he's ready. He's not there yet and we don't need to rush him.

Probably, just thought maybe it'd be a good idea to test him against the Giants this weekend and see how he goes and for him to identify what he needs in the AFL. Personally, I feel that he is more than ready, but that's just me.

Anyway whats done is done and Petty is in for Tomlinson.

Last edited:
I have faith in JRoo but would prefer to see him play the year at Casey tbh. Maybe give him an AFL game later in the year if we have clear space at the top. Let him get used to our system and the rigours of higher level football and learn from our other forwards first as well as put some more bulk on.
He'll be ready to step up next year when needed and I reckon he'll be a good un.
Good to see Petty back, hope he gets through unscathed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back