Opinion Round 5 Changes vs. North Melbourne

Discussion in 'Fremantle' started by Yello Mit, Apr 15, 2017.

Put it out there
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manpurple

manpurple Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    There are a number of changes that have been suggested that I just don't get.
    • A KPD for a KPF due to ruck requirements (Tabs for Logue/MJ). Like Ross will ever agree to that.
    • A small Medium defender for a mid (Tucker for Spurr). Seriously Tucker is making his move in the Peel midfield and there is 0 chance that he will there in the bigs.
    Whilst I see the desire to put some more youth into the team. If we have leant one thing from RTB, it is the he never changes a winning combo.

Unless Hill has an amputation there will be no changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. armpit

armpit Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    I don't know if this has been said yet. It's a study in probabilities, but *if* Richmond beat Melbourne, Adelaide beat Gold Coast, Geelong beat St Kilda and Collingwood beat Essendon and we beat North, then we're in the top 8, the way I got it figured.

3. wayToGo_

wayToGo_ Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    I'd be confident he'll get an opportunity at some point in the coming rounds. But for his sake I hope he has all his ducks in a row when he gets that opportunity, which is why I wouldn't be in a rush to put him in yet. He's building good form at Peel, he's been working on his rucking apparently, and I'm sure they are working on his pressure also. If he comes in and shows something (like he did against Brisbane) in his first game he could secure a spot in the B22 for the foreseeable future. But if he comes in and struggles I think he'll quickly lose the confidence of the coaches, his team mates and himself and be on the back foot and likely dropped again. That would be disastrous for his career. There'll be players in the current B22 that will need to go back to Peel to work on things at some point, but for the moment they deserve a run of games (especially whilst we are winning).

4. manpurple

manpurple Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Well we're stuffed. Buckly couldn't beat a snail unless he had a 100m start

Allikat, armpit and UFO Tatsu like this.
  5. eastfreo75

eastfreo75 Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    I reallylike our mobile mid range forward line. Apart from Grey, and Neale we are pretty good in the contested arial contests, even Walters can sit on someone's head. Makes it harder for teams to intercept mark as the target is different all the time and our players tend to lower their eyes and their kicks.

Taberner, for me shouldn't select into the team until his form at Peel makes impossible not to choose him.

6. Scham

Scham Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    West Perth
    I meant more the effort, workrate and quality of his possessions. Bris were poop that day. Of course he's not going to have the same stats and kick 5 against every opposition even with the same effort. But the difference that day was that he held most of his marks, he nailed his shots on goal and he worked bloody hard.

7. Freo Dr

Freo Dr Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Round 1 we were definitely still bombing it long to McCarthy as if he was the new Pavlich, Round 2 not even sure we had a forward structure. Definitely now we are maintaining a structure forward of the ball and more often lowering the vision and hitting up whoever is free. Newbies in particular still not always but we are hopefully slowly improving decision making under pressure.

Neale in the forward line is the interesting one really. I think RTB is doing a lot of flipping of players in games with Neale and even Kersten and others. Have seen Kersten do some defensive spoils and then drift back forward again.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    dockerfemme likes this.
  8. Rhino20

Rhino20 Debutant

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    I'm saying, there is no benefit bringing him in after giving logue two games, he will not apply the pressure we need up forward
    Yeah he played good footy in those games, that was not my point what so ever haha
    Why not give Logue three more let him find his feet and if tabs is demanding a spot in the wafl then bring him in.
    Why give logue two games then send him back the week there is a bye in the wafl it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Clems Knee and Mudd like this.
  9. Frimental Fan

Frimental Fan Rookie

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    I guess I'm favouring the 4 points over games into the kids but only at the margin (off the rookie list, Tabs is still a "kid"). I equate him to Crozier who played plenty of ordinary footy at AFL level. He spent 2 weeks at Peel for one excellent game and one OK game. to me he's been a revelation since coming back. It's as if the penny drops in terms of understanding the workrate that's required. It seems to me that Taberner might be ready to do the same thing. Of course, he might not but we'll never know if we don't give him a go. I really like him in terms of his modern AFL build and athleticism, so hope he gets a game because I think it's a good game for a ~200cm key fwd to come in. I don't think two games and then back to WAFL will do Logue any harm. I agree that it's a pity about the bye but you can say that for Tabs, Tucker and Sutcliffe assuming there are no changes this week. They all miss an opportunity to impress. Anyway it's an interesting debate and always nice to chat. Thanks Rhino20 and wayToGo for your well considered replies :rolleyes:

WeaselWJ and Rhino20 like this.
  10. meima

meima Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Consolation prize: Tab match day emergency instead of d.pearce .

FHTours likes this.
  11. Frimental Fan

Frimental Fan Rookie

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    OK. You're a tough sell Meima :'(

Freomaniac, Mezz and meima like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. armpit

armpit Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Be like snails crashing into walls that game. Ours will be much better. I love the way freo do anzac day.

13. Rhino20

Rhino20 Debutant

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Yeah I agree for sure it's a bummer for anyone especially when you look at tabs wafl form and then to have no game if he doesn't come into the side.
    I just feel logue would be more affected by it than those boys with 3-4 years of experience compared to logue having two games and starting to find his feet and then nothing for a week... who knows tho anything could happen come Thursday haha
    You too mate

14. samFFC

samFFC Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
    This +100

UFO Tatsu likes this.
  15. Dirty_banchez

Dirty_banchez Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    I really hate the fact that we have to waste our time with the Roadkill this weekend. They are quite simply not worthy of our time. How do North supporters live with themselves? They must exist in a permanent state of catatonia as they come to grips with their greatest mistake: Supporting North.

16. Frank J Moose

Frank J Moose Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Buffalo
    In Tucker Out Balic (hip)

17. TheLastCall

TheLastCall All Australian

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Usual suspects for emergencies. Grif, Tab, Sutcliffe

18. WeaselWJ

WeaselWJ Team Captain

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Glad to see North are resting Pruess, now both teams are playing one true ruckman.

19. FreoRicci

FreoRicci Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
    So Tucker straight back in.. For Balic. Surprising as nothing was said about him being injured?

20. Tundrawolf

Tundrawolf Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Good to see Tucker in instead of the usual recycled players who aren't going to take us anywhere.

Freomaniac, FD2646, Scham and 6 others like this.
  21. TheLastCall

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    If the young guys are sore, they should be rested.

22. Tbonefreo

Tbonefreo Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    A shame about Balics injury as he was building.

Tucker in is good but. Kids going to be a weapon

Scham likes this.
  23. Unique Name

Unique Name Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Stoked Tucker is back in. Balic will be back in once he's fit.

mustlovepurple likes this.
  24. TheLastCall

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    I was hoping Collins would get an emergency naming for consistency.

mike91 and Scham like this.
  25. freo for life

freo for life Senior List

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Really happy that a Sutty or Pearce hasn't been selected because there was a injury and instead gone to youth again.
    Tucker will become a very good player one day.

Square Peg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.