Preview Round 5 - Changes vs Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wce4premiership

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Good point as we would be very lucky to get 3 tackles out of Sheed ,Gaff and Masten combined..

So Simmo demand of each a minimum of 3 tackles for the next game ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Gaff had 4
Sheed 3
Masten 2

Yeo, Hutchings and Cripps are the notable low tackle numbers for people that actually excel at laying tackles.

wce4premiership

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
As for Tom Cole, he's actually been very good. I remember him making some mistakes that stood out here and there but when you watch him closely he's an absoliute tackling machine down back. Like a little pitbull latching on to whoever has it. So I'd say yes, Cole > Rotham for now. Rotham is closer in height to Schofield, better in the air but not as good in a scrap on the ground.

There's been a few times the past few weeks our players have been soft in attacking the man with the ball, covering all these handball receives and leaving the player with the ball looking like Pendlebury despite the fact they never even feigned to handball. That along with their inability to hold back in marking contests has been a big negative. Cole is more than willing to tackle.

AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah i agree. I would bring in Ah Chee or Mallen if we want to go in shorter.
Ah Chee's disposal has been far worse than Ainsworth's. Ainsworth is a terrier and his handball from congestion is very creative and his kicking has been okay. With Nat and Rioli to come back in the side forcing 2 current 22 players out I seriously doubt that Ah Chee will get a game this year based on the form he has shown. Allen, Ainsworth, Masten, Hutchings, Waterman, Brander, Rotham and, given a decent run of games, Brayshaw will all be ahead of him.

WCErevival

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
Not with you on Ainsworth. He has been bog average in the Beagles and he might have had surgery on his finger but he still has a flawed drop.
He hasn't been great but he is racking up disposals and he seems a bit more feral that looks like it would suit wet weather footy. McGinnity like.

FKASC

Account Deleted
AFL Club
West Coast
If it’s wet, and it will be, I can see Sheed having his second poor game in a row. Probably the least capable midfielder in wet conditions that I’ve seen

Astro7

Official Oranges Man
AFL Club
West Coast
Ah Chee's disposal has been far worse than Ainsworth's. Ainsworth is a terrier and his handball from congestion is very creative and his kicking has been okay. With Nat and Rioli to come back in the side forcing 2 current 22 players out I seriously doubt that Ah Chee will get a game this year based on the form he has shown. Allen, Ainsworth, Masten, Hutchings, Waterman, Brander, Rotham and, given a decent run of games, Brayshaw will all be ahead of him.
That's your opinion on AhChee of course, but if he's been as bad as you say, then that goes a long way to explaining why he's just dropped off the radar..was wondering what happened to him? He seemed to be shaping up ok last season, had a good preseason, was expecting things from him, then Pffffft...gone!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AsterixTheGaul

Plucked from the Amos
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Gunners Scorcher Claremont
Pretty obvious.

We had scenarios on the weekend where we kicked long to Kennedy, Darling, Vardy and Allen. It’s not a competitive setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spot on - and there were times that Ryan also flew with the big guys!

AFL Club
West Coast
Jetta - Rotham very unlucky. Think Cole is needed on a wet track being smaller.

Mallen- Masten.. If Crows can drop Gibbs after 27 posis then we too can drop that squib after 11 posis and 2 tackles(A string of below par games) Give Mallen a run now ffs before Rioli comes in. Lets see what hes got. We already know what the squib has. Sheed back on the inside. Gaff to assume Mastens role to never let him near a spot in the 22 again..Mallen can do the HFF role Sheed had been reverted too and rotate through middle...

Miguel Sanchez

Arrogant and insolent
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Black Ducks, SAS, NYR, BEARS

Mallen- Masten.. If Crows can drop Gibbs after 27 posis then we too can drop that squib after 11 posis and 2 tackles(A string of below par games) Give Mallen a run now ffs before Rioli comes in. Lets see what hes got. We already know what the squib has. Sheed back on the inside. Gaff to assume Mastens role to never let him near a spot in the 22 again..Mallen can do the HFF role Sheed had been reverted too and rotate through middle...
Were you not happy with the basically identical post you made yesterday?

Not content with calling for Masten to be dropped each and every week, you’re now planning to do it each and every day?

AFL Club
West Coast

So now he's a squib! Why don't you piss off and "support" another team.

sey666

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast

Don't you ever get tired posting the same thing every week in the changes thread?

tiger-india.jpg

HoneyBadger35

Friends, Family, Flex
AFL Club
West Coast
Thread starter #270
Megamind is at it again I gather. Keep going mate, you’ll get him one day.

Going to laugh so hard when Masto retires (as a 200+ game premiership player) and HungryTiger just deactivates his account with nothing left to rail against.

Miguel Sanchez

Arrogant and insolent
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Black Ducks, SAS, NYR, BEARS
Megamind is at it again I gather. Keep going mate, you’ll get him one day.

Going to laugh so hard when Masto retires (as a 200+ game premiership player) and HungryTiger just deactivates his account with nothing left to rail against.
We’ll still have Waterman

Doashuey

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
We already know what the squib has.
Yea we do
- 200+ AFL games
-WCE life membership
- Multiple notches on his bedpost that represent any woman you have ever had
- A permanent place inside your little mind
- Your mums number on block cos she wont leave him alone
I think thats about it. Oh wait, he also has a.premiership medal
What a squib.

eagles rule

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Pretty obvious.

We had scenarios on the weekend where we kicked long to Kennedy, Darling, Vardy and Allen. It’s not a competitive setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hope this doesn’t mean Venables just waltzed back ,I think I’m ready to see what Jarrod Cameron can do at the base of these tall guys ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom