Unofficial Preview Round 5 Changes vs. Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

I hear what you are saying but it could easily have been handled better . It certainly could have been explained in a manner to create no ambiguity and not encourage unhelpful speculation.
You see, here you and I are talking about a problem which neither of us know anything about and the club started it.

The media would have created unhelpful speculation either way.

I'm not prepared to hang Bond, or Simpson, out to dry untill all the facts are known.

If RTB opens up tomorrow and it looks like shyte then I will be the first to go balls out at the club in public and in private.

Pure guessing but my take is 10 min before the flight closes, Chris Bond does a head count been told Josh didnt make the flight. Bond calls him, Josh tells him its my family /wife having dramas/ car troubles... etc.. tells him hes running late. Bonds response "expect more from you Josh... AFL is a proffessional environment.. dont bother, youre not named in any side this week, gonna have to earn your spot back etc. " hangs up phone , chats to Ross and calls crozier and gets him on the next flight.

If he was a travelling emergency he would have been fine all week and expected to fly so was definetly a last minute thing.

Kid will need some extra help, maybe even a bloke employed by the club to get him organized similar to Martin at Richmond.

Unhelpful, childish speculation that adds exactly f*** all to a touchy subject.

Why do it?

I'm going to disagree with you, Fred, this time.
I like that the club is being nonspecific about what happened with Josh.
Of course my curiosity is peaked & personally, I'd love to know,
but with respect to Josh & the club, maybe it is best to allow those issues to be resolved privately.
Surely in this society with twitter & facebook, we have enough info about the every waking movement of some people.
Maybe a bit of decorum & privacy will allow any problems to be attended to efficiently.
After the fact, if Josh is comfortable enough to share what has happened, then let him do so.
These blokes are sportsmen, not entertainers who seek publicity (although they do entertain & many do enjoy the attention)
As for the speculation, who cares?
If the team are doing well, it doesn't matter which Freo player is on the field.
My 2 cents worth anyway.

What can I say to that ?.. A calming rationale that has taken the fire out of me.

I defer to your equanimity.
Peace be still .

Sylvia was at Peel today supporting the team.He is one big unit and we could sure use him
Two weeks to work hard and get back into the team.Come on Colin make it happen.

Hope I'm wrong, but I feel that ship has sailed. I'm fast becoming of the opinion that we'll never see him in purple.

The problem is Bushie, what Bondy, isn't saying.
I take issue with him bundling everything into the realm of ISSUES.

If there is a problem with Josh , he should say so and be specific. If it is attitude say so .
If it is health, say so.
If it is physical, say so.
If he goes walkabout, say so.
If it is a maturity problem, say so.
If he cannot handle city life and an AFL regime, say so.

The whole issues stuff I am tired of hearing and it gives outsiders ammunition to undermine the club and impact adversely on our season.
I don't believe I have likened the media to Australian soldiers going to war; However I did use the term enemy because they are not our friends.
They don't like us and I hate them.
They write their s**t and I don't buy it.
They make s**t up on TV and I don't watch it.
They talk s**t on Eagle radio and I don't listen.

The whole story on Josh could have been averted with a more forthright statement from Chris Bond instead of making an issue out of it.

Like I said.

Fred. Why the f*ck do you think issues between the club and individuals are better managed by telling every man and his dog exactly what the details are?

Goes against some pretty basic rules of trust and therapy.

Press will make sh*t up regardless. Tell them what's going on and they'll make sh*t up with what they've been told as a starting point. At least if they're purely guessing they have to be careful with what they say, as there's minimal basis for it.

I'm glad Bond and co would rather handle it in-house, and then tell everyone else only if and when it was a lost cause. It ain't yet.

If I had an issue adapting at work, I'm confident that I wouldn't feel more comfortable with everyone in WA being exactly aware of who I was or what I was struggling with. Especially if I wasn't the type that loved publicity.

Think about it. Do you think Josh would like the spotlight?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

to quote you "This adds exactly F*** all to a touchy subject." Josh missed the flight, got punished. End of story.

Ricky-Ricardo-Shock-Hands-on-Head-I-Love-Lucy.gif

Fred. Why the f*ck do you think issues between the club and individuals are better managed by telling every man and his dog exactly what the details are?

Goes against some pretty basic rules of trust and therapy.

Press will make sh*t up regardless. Tell them what's going on and they'll make sh*t up with what they've been told as a starting point. At least if they're purely guessing they have to be careful with what they say, as there's minimal basis for it.

I'm glad Bond and co would rather handle it in-house, and then tell everyone else only if and when it was a lost cause. It ain't yet.

If I had an issue adapting at work, I'm confident that I wouldn't feel more comfortable with everyone in WA being exactly aware of who I was or what I was struggling with. Especially if I wasn't the type that loved publicity.

Think about it. Do you think Josh would like the spotlight?

You are a bit late young fella . I am done.

What I don't get is why Fremantle lied about him missing the flight in the first place. His name was called out on the airport PA FFS. Did they think they could keep it a secret?

All the rest of this BS is just a result of that lie coming back to bite them in the arse.

I agree though that Josh Simpson's issues are none of our business or the media's.

Sylvia is out. Simpson is out.
Both for now.
But there is nothing to suggest that their careers are in jeopardy.
Stop overreacting people. Ffs.

It's not over reacting to suggest Colins career is at the crossroads. A senior player brought in to bolster the 22 can't get into the team when several players are out with injury. Said player then gets suspended for dog act. Was unfit on arrival after deciding to stay on holiday for an extra month, rather than hit pre season training head on, and has shown poor form in practice matches, while only having one decent game under his belt in the magoos. If this isn't enough to suggest unless he turns it around very quickly it could all be over for him, well I don't know what to tell you.

Josh on the other hand, is a young kid from the country who is no where near at career crossroads.

Bloody hell, they're not only cutting over on the Sydney board they're putting out Winnie Reds on their forearms and headbutting doors as well. They've been too good for too long not to turn things around though, just hope it isn't this week. Anyone watch the Roos game last week? Is it just me or is the SCG a bit longer after the revamp?

It's not over reacting to suggest Colins career is at the crossroads. A senior player brought in to bolster the 22 can't get into the team when several players are out with injury. Said player then gets suspended for dog act. Was unfit on arrival after deciding to stay on holiday for an extra month, rather than hit pre season training head on, and has shown poor form in practice matches, while only having one decent game under his belt in the magoos. If this isn't enough to suggest unless he turns it around very quickly it could all be over for him, well I don't know what to tell you.

Sylvia has 10 years of AFL experience to prove that he is in the right ballpark to deliver at this level. He has a three year contract. He is adapting to a new club and a new (more challenging) set of expectations. He may have been cruising a bit up until now, but from what I've heard and read he's been progressively working harder.

Why would he have to turn it around soon or be turfed?

Some folks seem to get very caught up in the drama of the now. In the end, it's about what people are prepared to adapt to over the longer term, and adaption usually takes some kind of time. It's when you refuse to adapt or refuse to keep trying that it's the end, and there's no sign of that with either Simpson or Sylvia.

Bloody hell, they're not only cutting over on the Sydney board they're putting out Winnie Reds on their forearms and headbutting doors as well. They've been too good for too long not to turn things around though, just hope it isn't this week. Anyone watch the Roos game last week? Is it just me or is the SCG a bit longer after the revamp?

Only a couple of metres isn't it ? (sounds a bit like Bruce).

I think they are going over the top . They must do it as some sort of therapy but they have basically written the game off.
I wish I was that confident.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back