Autopsy Round 5 = Collingwood 48-63 Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many passenger, what is going on bucks?
backs are good, mids can fire but apart from peddles they are not that clean, forwards? What is going on with billy, jordy and co.? Cox was dismal, checkers is honest but can’t play the KPF.

Tonight was a realisation that we aren’t going to win the flag with this line up. We have the best ruckman and can’t win a clearance. Time to look at the Future.

WHE Cox tyler brown (not up to it just yet) wills Varcoe all have to go out.

Moore is a backman but we need him up forward. Bring in Keane or Dunn to play back. Out moore up forward. Bring on Kelly and put him in the pocket. His mobile and as a 3rd tall he could be a handful

play the kids and set up for 2021. We aren’t winning anything this year that’s clear

Good thoughts, might be a little to risky for our coaching panel though.

If we had played Noble, Cameron and Sier over Varcoe, Cox and Wills we would have won easily, I have no doubt.

I've supported Cox up until now, he lost me tonight.

At least Cameron has upside. Cox is unlikely to deliver more than he does now (or did two years ago)

Laters Cox.

Wills was SO bad when he had his opportunities.

Varcoe murdered our momentum at least twice. Noble isn't perfect but I can't remember him being the opposition's best player at any stage. Varcoe achieved it a few times tonight.

I love Bucks, but he had better get his act together at the selection table or he'll lose me like Cox has

It does not help when Varcs gets the ball and pinpoints it down the corridor to a man wearing black and red.

Or when he’s slightly short on the kick and it gets through Crispy’s legs. Both cost us. Then his inability to get his arms above his shoulders cost us forward. Mind you, a kick to space would have given him more chance rather than pit him against Ridley in an overhead marking contest. He was well short of a gallop on tonight’s effort though.

I dont reckon Mihocek is useless. Hes just not big enough to play as a kpf. Hed be brilliant if he was second or third tallest with genuine tall forward(s) next to him.
Mihocek is best suited as the second tall, behind a proper key forward.

I thought C Brown did some nice things last week but he was woeful tonight. There was a set shot forty out and it was obvious he didn’t think he had the distance in the legs. Really that’s not good enough.

Hoskin Elliott is a ******* ghost. Why do we keep playing him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two worst players on our list.

Brown (x2), Phillips, Mayne, Cox, Varcoe, Hoskin-Elliott etc. were honestly not even worth discussing, aside from how bad they are.
Mayne’s a whipping boy around here. It wasn’t his best effort but he wasn’t in or near out bottom six. Put his body on the line and went when he had to. Defended well

I thought C Brown did some nice things last week but he was woeful tonight. There was a set shot forty out and it was obvious he didn’t think he had the distance in the legs. Really that’s not good enough.

Hoskin Elliott is a ******* ghost. Why do we keep playing him?

Yep, Hos is another one I have a soft spot for, but just has to go. He’s giving us nothing that one of the kids couldn’t give.

Lots of papers being marked by me tonight! I’m obviously not taking it too well...

FMD they were bad for most of the game

Sidey's give-a-f*ck attitude set the scene

Watching them was so bad I almost played a board game with my nephew

I didn't though - would have made the night even worse

Have a good weekend and remember your safety word
F**k you are such a soft utensil.
Almost played a board game with your nephew?
How piss weak is that?
I threw my nephew off the 9th floor balcony.
I don't f**k around when we lose.

I dont reckon Mihocek is useless. Hes just not big enough to play as a kpf. Hed be brilliant if he was second or third tallest with genuine tall forward(s) next to him.

Mihocek’s best role is a high hf that provides a target up field and works back i50 to chip in a goal or two. Unfortunately with cox being so unreliable i50 mihocek is playing deeper to provide a target, lacks size for that role.

Bad luck guys. It was fun discussing the game with you guys this week, good luck for the rest of the year. I think this is just a mini-slump, you guys will bounce back, hopefully with a massive win next week. I really really hate Hawthorne.

Josh Daicos might not be as mercurial as his dad but he was really impressive tonight.

I don't want to offend Good Horse but cream or egg based alcoholic beverages are not the "go to" if you are searching catharsis.
When I was in China a businessman who I was buying goods from took me out to dinner where we drank the local brew which was 76% alcohol.
I achieved catharsis.
At least I think I did.
To be honest I can't quite remember.
You can't remember? Which of the following apply?
The police drove you home?
China is in Williamston?
You went to dinner in your underpants?
Eddie is proud of you?

Gee the obsession with favourable umpiring calls for Collingwood shits me. They can only pick out like two but they just keep pedalling it on and on and on as if the game was fixed in our favour. There’s:
A) the Treloar two-hand scoop that was ignored (still literally kicked a goal 15 seconds later)
B) Brown dangerous tackle, a shocking decision

Two favourable decisions and all hell breaks loose; never any focus on any that go against Collingwood. It’s embarrassing and truly nuffy-esque.

Mind you, it’s Essendon, who have more nuffy supporters than any other club and genuinely believe the AFL are out to get them. But even neutrals just hate Collingwood so much that it blinds their judgment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back