Toast Round 5 = Collingwood 70-64 St Kilda.

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to put up with you lot telling us how bad Markov is.

Oleg Markov (15 disposals @ 73%, 240 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 7 uncontested possessions, 6 intercept possessions, 7 kicks, 8 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Inside 50s & 2 Rebound 50s) played a solid game behind the ball where he stuck to his task and stuck to his limitations.

I didn’t see the game until watching the replay yesterday.

But reading comments on here, especially in the Game Day thread, gave me the impression that Markov was truly awful.

Why do I fall for this every time? He was more than serviceable and should hold his spot for Anzac Day, given our next round of outs.

I actually lived in StKilda whilst working a contract for 12 months and it's certainly no surprise to me how feral they can be.
I doubt that a huge percentage of supporters in the area are St Kilda barrackers. I live there and can't say the people here are feral.

I don't think anyone thought you were bad but your game style is like watching paint dry. Who floods the defence all game like they did 15 years ago?, oh wait, it was Ross Lyon. Football was starting to become quite enjoyable again the last years but your coach will set it back 15 years. Good luck with that boring game plan going forward

Lyon wound the clock back about 15 years. The thing is, this style will get them, more than likely, into a final series this season.

3.6 to 4.0 in the last but you broke it open early in the 4th after we couldnt take our chances. You guys are good but we are not as bad as everyone thought eh?

We could’ve just about put the game to bed in the 3rd quarter. 2.6 to 1.2, plus an additional 14 inside F50's for the match, shows we just didn't take our chances.
I think you guys are still finals bound, as the Lyon game style makes it difficult for sides to score. Not sure how that will hold up in finals footy, but defence does win premierships....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyon wound the clock back about 15 years. The thing is, this style will get them, more than likely, into a final series this season.
As long as they are happy to make the finals and then get blown away, that's fine with me. I think Carlton will rip them apart this week. They haven't played any sides with genuine key forwards yet. Let's see how they go at the Gabba and against sides like Geelong and Adelaide at Adelaide.

I don't think anyone thought you were bad but your game style is like watching paint dry. Who floods the defence all game like they did 15 years ago?, oh wait, it was Ross Lyon. Football was starting to become quite enjoyable again the last years but your coach will set it back 15 years. Good luck with that boring game plan going forward
They haven’t been playing that bad the past few weeks though. They set up like that to counter a shootout with us I’m guessing

Yes because all their supporters live in StKilda.

They’re both neighbours, I hear. And one doesn’t like the other parking in front of their house on bin day.

I didn’t see the game until watching the replay yesterday.

But reading comments on here, especially in the Game Day thread, gave me the impression that Markov was truly awful.

Why do I fall for this every time? He was more than serviceable and should hold his spot for Anzac Day, given our next round of outs.
He looked like the Solo man in the circle after the game with the gatorade dripping off his moustache.
McRae knows what he's doing.
Oleg can play on smalls and talls.
His opponent Hill is top 2 or 3 fastest in the AFL and he sorted him out just nicely.. 0 goals for Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back