VFL Game Day Round 5: Collingwood vs Essendon, Victoria Park, Sunday 23rd April @ 12pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Voss is 11cms taller than Waterman and built like a gorilla.

Waterman was a full forward in Ben Hobbs’ body.
Waterman was very thick set…thighs like tree trunks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did Reid go today?
Page 2 :thumbsu:
Looked like a bloke who has not played a game for over 6 months. Dropped some marks that cost us. Did a couple of good things but generally just average. Got through 3/4 and did some running after the game to get the GPS numbers up. Played solely defense.

ant555 I read Narkle was among our best again. Would he be a shot at MSD as a ready made addition?
If he keeps playing the same style of footy he would be in the frame. He is not just chasing kicks . He looks like he is buying in to the game plan.

Final scores.
Pies 14.13
Bombers 13.11
In the end the bit of extra speed and more mobile runners got us. Couple of red time goal in the third quarter really hurt. It was a pretty free flowing game as you would expect from the Pies. We where well on top half way through the third quarter.

Jorgenson from the VFL squad is starting to find the level. Kicked 5 today. Is a lanky bean pole (198cm 94kg) who played a couple of games with Richmond VFL last year early and is from Bundoora. Took a couple of good grabs.

This is the best take away from your report mate. Great review btw.

Disappointing that the AFL contingent is always so - so but sounds like a fair few are coming back so perhaps I won't go so hard on them.

The VFL contingent has been very disappointing for 3-4 years and the ‘name brand’ recruits aren’t really offering anything substantial in terms of driving the train.

How long has Bruno Laguda been on the VFL list for? Feels like 20 years and he’s never been anything more than a bottom 5 in a side type player.

Even the 'name players' we have brought to the (VFL) club have barely fired a shot.

Narkle this year seems to be the first AFL listed guy we've brought in who is too good for the level but not many of the VFL cohort are any more than role players which unfortunately for us, we need them to be the main guys because our AFL guys are injured.

Bring back the Ben Duscher's, Dan Coghlan's, Josh Freezer's, Sam Tagliabue's.

In saying that, I do like the way Rasinac and Bernacki in particular go about it. Just need a few more local EDFL &/or local footballers to sign up to help out.

Even the 'name players' we have brought to the (VFL) club have barely fired a shot.

Narkle this year seems to be the first AFL listed guy we've brought in who is too good for the level but not many of the VFL cohort are any more than role players which unfortunately for us, we need them to be the main guys because our AFL guys are injured.

Bring back the Ben Duscher's, Dan Coghlan's, Josh Freezer's, Sam Tagliabue's.

In saying that, I do like the way Rasinac and Bernacki in particular go about it. Just need a few more local EDFL &/or local footballers to sign up to help out.
Don't see a lot of the VFL, but when I have Bernacki and Rasinac always seem to get a good share of the footy. How close would either of them be from an AFL berth?

Cootee Rasinac and Bernacki are good VFL players who are reasonably young .
They made a big difference last year when they all got in the side from about round six .
Hoare doesn’t looks to bad . Has played at both ends so far .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back