Round 5 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tackled his way to his breakeven

He's cooked for mine though now, spends too much time at half forward not really getting involved

Clark is just about done too
Exactly, such a disappointment. Based on his inability to ton up when every middy with a semblance of ability for Hawthorn was unavailable, I traded him out before the round with Powell for T.Kelly and Stack,

2047 moved me down to 216 overall.

Hopefully bounce back next week
"Equal" 216th with the Mozzie Bites, Ingy.

Apr 1, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Weird round where nearly all of my premiums got >100 and my rookies (ignoring Walsh who is basically a premium) averaged about 65 between them which you would be stoked with. But I only scored 2157, which is good enough but not amazing. I guess fielding so many rookies and no midpricers is costing me a bit (but should pay off with $$$ generation eventually seeing as most are performing well as cash cows).

Only let downs were Grundy's 78 and Macrae's 100 as captain, which wasn't helped by Lemon Beveridge sticking him deep forward or on the bench for most of the last. Also could've fielded Gibbons over Scott and Wilkie over Duursma, but you can't beat yourself up too much about predicting rookies.

Happy with the two trades I made to open my account in Balta -> Hore and Dunkley -> Heeney. Would've been better to ditch Dunk for Boak two weeks ago but Heeney is not a bad sideways option either. Both Balta and Dunkley potentially in the gun to be dropped could make these trades look even better.

Rank moved up 70 spots to 256, so I guess that is a good week. I did narrowly lose my div 1 matchup though, and again I am placing the blame squarely on Beveridge having a sook and killing my captain's score. What a terrible coach-- why does he keep debuting more midfielders when he already has gun mids in Dunkley, Liberatore, Wallis and Mclean rotting away up forward? Doesn't make any sense.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Did Trel's score go down from 120 to 112 after lockout? On the AF website it says 112 but on RDT it says 120. People on the AF board furious with the late change. Wondering why it didn't change in RDT? Would love that being a non-owner

120 on my team page

2,177 for me this week.

About 510th overall. Would be about 170th if I didn't forget to play Gawn last week

1982 – an absolute ******* debacle after 2301 and 2291 in Rounds 3 and 4 – saw me drop from 7th to 87th overall. :'(

Disappointing:
- Duursma with Hore on the bench
- Cripps as captain
- Neale who I had the VC on
- Rocky – 20 points less than his four-round average
- Cousins
- Butters with Gibbons on the bench (although I don't think anyone saw that coming, plus at least I played Butters over Scott)
- Grundy
- Boak
- McCarthy

Jan 27, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
1982 – an absolute ******* debacle after 2301 and 2291 in Rounds 3 and 4 – saw me drop from 7th to 87th overall. :'(

Disappointing:
- Duursma with Hore on the bench
- Cripps as captain
- Neale who I had the VC on
- Rocky – 20 points less than his four-round average
- Cousins
- Butters with Gibbons on the bench (although I don't think anyone saw that coming, plus at least I played Butters over Scott)
- Grundy
- Boak
- McCarthy
You should bounce back very quickly. Neale, Cripps and Boak are still a killer combination and will be huge next round. All have such good fixtures next round and should dominate, you'll get 150 more points from that group than you did this week. Your only real spuds that you have to deal with are Cousins and Linc. Also, I'm expecting Rocky to go nuts against NM, could see a repeat of JLT2.

Coinz

EAAAAGLLLLLEES
Sep 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
2141, Hore on the bench hurt a little, slightly underpar score, reckon par was around 2175, if I squeezed 2200 out it would have been a great score

Fell from 63rd to 73rd

Time to trade now
2191 for me up to 73rd. wishing i didn't swap my captain from lloyd to cripps last second, that cost me about 60 points...
Pups your 1 point higher than me on the leaderboards. Im really hoping i can make that up next round

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

CrozaN

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 5, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Brad basically did what CrozaN did with Sloane 2 years ago

Buying high always ends in tears imo, form is so hard to maintain, would rather get those 4/5 players at the right price rather than sky high price, heck even Macrae had a good bottoming out score too, though nothing wrong with what he actually got

People who would've brought Whitfield in Supercoach this week would've been disappointed too (just 85 there I think)

Hahah Sloane repaying the faith with me this year starting him though! (touch wood, no jinx)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back