Game Day Round 5: Essendon v Fremantle, Sunday April 17, 4.40pm AEST - Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Clarkson couldn't help this pathetic team full of soft as butter players. Some of the efforts to lay a tackle have been nothing short of embassessing.
Very true, but clarkson would have the balls to call them out and move them on.
Unlike essendon who'll give a player another 5-6 years in case they 'come good'...

I see the tigers plan in a way in it. Except they scrapped, ran defensively and moved forward in waves with effort and skill.
We neither apply defensive pressure or offensive.
Essentially we win games of football when the other side is a bit more s**t or lay down entirely.

Too easy to play against
There is no Tigers plan in it. There rolling zone was first class. We just chase the footy like dogs running around in the park.

I know we're rebuilding and missing a couple of players, but this is inconceivable. Last year we looked competitive every week. There were the bones of a gameplan and our defensive system and intent was already improved on the Worsfold years. Someone needs to ask how it is that we can suddenly go backwards.

Interested to see how Truck responds to this during the week.

I think it’s time for me to log off this website tbh. I understand the frustration, but fu** me, a lot of you have unrealistic expectations of where we should be right now.
If we only showed heart I wouldn't mind. Even in the 70s when we were no good, we had heart.

Smacks still of a team that drinks their own bathwater in the off season. Not tough enough.

images

When we have the ball, we are the dumbest football side i think ive ever seen. Will take the wrong option 80% of the time. Combine that with putrid skills and you have us. When we dont have the ball we look slow, lazy and have no idea where to position ourselves. Sloppy tackle technique is a team feature and we are also undisciplined to boot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all seriousness we'll be okay. Just terrible to watch and a loss would be easier to stomach if the effort/execution was there.

Just need to nurse important players back, keep playing the kids, recognise our deficiencies in the forward line and back line and light a fire under Rutten so he knows he needs to do better to earn the confidence of us the longer time goes on.

Not panic stations yet but need to take it all more seriously from here.

While we continue to have the people we do behind the scenes, we will continue to have these performances on it.
After 20 years of mediocrity and all the bullshit that has come along with the club over the last 10 years I think I'm actually finished with the club for a while.
I'm going to stop watching our games cause this s**t isn't any good for your mental health.
No a site like this can orchestrate change
dodoro gone
rutten gone
can we really carry a midfield of parish, merrett, sheil, Caldwell of course we can’t

Our defence should be getting a free and up close lesson. Alex Pearse defends the ball in FRONT of himself. Letting the ball get behind you is poor!

When we have the ball, we are the dumbest football side i think ive ever seen. Will take the wrong option 80% of the time. Combine that with putrid skills and you have us. When we dont have the ball we look slow, lazy and have no idea where to position ourselves. Sloppy tackle technique is a team feature and we are also undisciplined to boot.
it's lack of confidence in the individual, team, coach and game plan. Once you start second guessing the game goes past you

The bolded parts should be non-negotiable every week.

In all seriousness we'll be okay. Just terrible to watch and a loss would be easier to stomach if the effort/execution was there.

Just need to nurse important players back, keep playing the kids, recognise our deficiencies in the forward line and back line and light a fire under Rutten so he knows he needs to do better to earn the confidence of us the longer time goes on.

Not panic stations yet but need to take it all more seriously from here.
I wasn’t really expecting to win and I don’t think anyone else really expected us to either.

But losing by >50 points

Oh No Idk GIF by Rosanna Pansino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back