AFLW Round 5 - Geelong v Richmond at GMHBA Stadium, Friday 7.10pm AEDT

Cotcho

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Well done!! Great win and the first win against the salties too haha best!

Why isn’t there a single discussion thread on the main Richmond board? Still confuses the * out of me. Mods get your act together.

wow so emotional watching the girls celebrate our first win
my deepest apoligies to any of our girls i bagged the last few weeks
your all fantastic great team win couldnt be happier or prouder '

a female tiger is a tigress
tonight they showed there prowess
i wish them nothing but success
to watch them play, is to be blessed

I wish I could knit you a jumper to wear to a game with that emblazoned on it tbh (there is a few who should wear it)!!!!! ;) :tearsofjoy:

Got home from work just in time to see last quarter - great effort Richmond - this win had been looming strongly - rapt you went down there BalmainTiger - your devotion to the cause deserved that reward! Makes me all the more optimistic for our game up here against Gold Coast (hopefully still happens)

Looking forward to catching the first three quarters later today.

Especially happy for all the other loyal Richmond AFLW supporters on here who have kept waving the flag and seeing the future, despite all the problems that have beset us. Problems are the past - resolve to be better is the future - Katie Brennan's emotions post match epitomise that. What a wonderful footballing woman!

Last edited:

AndyLucimitis

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Sorry to intrude but congrats on a great win. That song was special.

As a father of three daughters I’ve been a big supporter of woman’s footy. Had a lot of mates say ‘can’t get into it’. I said wait until a woman’s team wearing your jumper and singing your song after a win and you’ll be hooked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

box070

Cancelled
Jan 8, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond

As a father of three daughters I’ve been a big supporter of woman’s footy. Had a lot of mates say ‘can’t get into it’. I said wait until a woman’s team wearing your jumper and singing your song after a win and you’ll be hooked.

Great post. My daughter this morning was amped up watching it as well.

Am really happy for kB , reckon she’s put a lot of pressure on herself being captain at our proud club, in recent weeks we ve started to see she was indeed a star of this comp and has plenty left to give, well done love ya work

If that wasn't her best game at this level you would have to go right back to the early days of AFLW when the talent running around was no where what it is today. I am glad we are getting to see Katie in full flight.

I'm also finding her so similar to Trent Cotchin in so many ways. On and off the field.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2017
Wurundjeri Land
AFL Club
Richmond

I got along to see Blue v Tiges at Princes Park last week. Great fun even though we fell just short.

guruisatiger

Grand Poohbah of Ganymede
Oct 25, 2006
from the hinterlands of sri lanka and tibet
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
B.S.C youngboys.. Borussia Dortmund
I wish I could knit you a jumper to wear to a game with that emblazoned on it tbh (there is a few who should wear it)!!!!! ;) :tearsofjoy:

Got home from work just in time to see last quarter - great effort Richmond - this win had been looming strongly - rapt you went down BalmainTiger - your devotion to the cause deserved that reward. Makes me all the more optimistic for our game up here against Gold Coast (hopefully still happens)

Looking forward to catching the first three quarters later today.

Especially happy for all the other loyal Richmond AFLW supporters on here who have kept waving the flag and seeing the future, despite all the problems that have beset us. Problems are the past - resolve to be better is the future - Katie Brennan's emotions post match epitomise that. What a wonderful footballing woman!
i often see a couple of the girls on my duty around northern suburbs
ill give them a big piece of humble pie

i often see a couple of the girls on my duty around northern suburbs
ill give them a big piece of humble pie

That's what BF loves about you Gus - you are ALWAYS generous with your humble pie ;)

guruisatiger

Grand Poohbah of Ganymede
Oct 25, 2006
from the hinterlands of sri lanka and tibet
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
B.S.C youngboys.. Borussia Dortmund
There are a few sneaky big improvers that have been working up to this performance
Maddy Branc
Dempsey
Seymour
Miller
Darcy best game
Sabs best game
Monaghan too
Interesting who we play next I reckon we ll go pretty well again others outside top 6
gabby seymour has the most beautiful natuaral smile i have ever seen
its contagious

There are a few sneaky big improvers that have been working up to this performance
Maddy Branc
Dempsey
Seymour
Miller
Darcy best game
Sabs best game
Monaghan too
Interesting who we play next I reckon we ll go pretty well again others outside top 6

Don't forget Hannah Burchell. Hannah and Maddy Brancatisano are really getting into the games especially the last 2-3.
Injuries really cut into their careers at their first clubs so I guess you can't be too quick to judge.
I think it was good to get games into them last year when some of us were questioning it.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Don't forget Hannah Burchell. Hannah and Maddy Brancatisano are really getting into the games especially the last 2-3.
Injuries really cut into their careers at their first clubs so I guess you can't be too quick to judge.
I think it was good to get games into them last year when some of us were questioning it.
Yea I meant to mention burchell doesn’t get a lot of it however is using it well , reckon she will continue improving, I like Dempsey , real goer and quite a long kick

Back